Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:32:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Electroneum a SCAM???  (Read 104871 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
maxll
Legendary

Activity: 1011
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:21:28 AM

I always stay away from there overhyped projects, they tend to crash and burn after the ICO.
(hint - tezos)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BlackWidow

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:10:26 PM

I always stay away from there overhyped projects, they tend to crash and burn after the ICO.
(hint - tezos)

Did you read the thread posted above your post? You may want to do that.

It points out that ETN had the most actual NUMBER of investors in history.

You reffered to Tezos which was CLEARLY a bunch of WHALES because it had a small number of investors, and raised $240 million.

Most expected that Tezos was only going DOWN first, but ETN is the opposite. It had 120,000 investors with only 40 million dollars because they cleverly placed the hardcap there.

ETN sold out 11 days early, when it was raising about 3-4 million a day. So there is about 50 million or more (because everyday the number of investors was increasing) of demand stacked up waiting for exchanges to open.
felipeintheend

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:39:14 AM

I have some considerations for this project. I am too far away to be an expert on crypto coins. I have just started trading it recently (Used to trade on Forex for years). All the markets are based on supply VS demand. After days reading and re-reading posts, infos and as much as I can of important infos about ETN, I have concluded that:

1 - If ETN was a SCAM, I am pretty sure they would have not stopped the ICON at 40m and would have raised more and more money and disappear after that.
2 - Instead of disappear, they are trying to get better systems for us (Monero news) and they keep in touch with everyone via email, social media, groups, etc.
3 - NONE can predict a price. That's impossible. It's up, as I said above, to the demand.
4 - It's a real fact that crypto world is still very young and a small number of people know how to walk into it. Ok, a few people knows about the existence of crypto, but most of them don't have a clue how to buy, how to use, for what does it serves, etc. ETN is looking to the masses, if they get sucess on this, the demand will be definitely HUGE.
5 - It doesn't really MATTER if it will dump at the first days, months or years, If they get success introducing the masses to it, it will grow up organically. So HODL!
6 - I have seen a LOT of people crying around groups for not buying enough coins, they are really sorry for it.
7 - About dumping it: If I bought at 0.01, WHY THE HELL I would sell for less than that? Dont make sense! If people sell their bonusses for 0.01.. I am sorry for them... it will grow later and they will cry again.

I believe in the ETN purpose, I see their vision for the future. I am in this project for at least 5 years (Unless It reaches a good price before that).
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:12:17 AM

(hint - tezos)

You reffered to Tezos which was CLEARLY a bunch of WHALES because it had a small number of investors, and raised $240 million.

Most expected that Tezos was only going DOWN first, but ETN is the opposite. It had 120,000 investors with only 40 million dollars because they cleverly placed the hardcap there.

ETN sold out 11 days early, when it was raising about 3-4 million a day. So there is about 50 million or more (because everyday the number of investors was increasing) of demand stacked up waiting for exchanges to open.

I'm very sceptical of these claims.  Electroneum are paying for Twitter retweets from botnets and also paying people to post positively on BCT.  How do we know that they aren't also gaming the investment statistics?
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:51:17 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2017, 08:03:34 AM by contraband

(hint - tezos)

I'm very sceptical of these claims.  Electroneum are paying for Twitter retweets from botnets and also paying people to post positively on BCT.  How do we know that they aren't also gaming the investment statistics?

First of all, the Botnet FUD is NOT true.

2nd, are you refering to people getting bounties for having Electroneum in their sig?

That wouldnt fall under, "paying for posititive posts", as people can make any post they want, in any thread, they are only bounty coins because when they make ANY KIND OF POST, the sig is advertizing ETN links.

So, your entire post is incorrect.

And how about the over 20K Telegram users, is that a conspiracy, too???

Really?

How many more times are you going to come back here and try to mislead everyone

Isnt 12 TIMES, yes 12 POSTS EVERYONE, isnt that enough??
Pedro18

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:57:57 AM

Where is the marketing? I doxed the dev team, which wasn't too hard when they post all their LinkedIn. They are big players in the internet marketing industry in England. They can do it for free!?! I even looked up the coins head guy Richard Ells and called his headquarters. I asked the secretary about Electroneum? I was transfered to a guy that asked me how he could help me with my questions. So I asked, "why aren't you marketing this ICO?". He said, "they are and more is coming." Do you see any marketing? WTF.

The ICO starts in 3 days!!

EDIT

No, it is definately not a scam.

They have raised 3 million already.

I was worried about the marketing, but now I see their ads everwhere I go on the internet, so the guy wasnt kidding when he said the marketing is coming!!

Damn!!! Ive never seen a coin hit mainstream news sites!!!

No! Electroneum is not a scam, I already bought it and waiting for november 1 for their project. Able to mine in our mobile phones and this is great. I love their concept.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:14:04 AM

(hint - tezos)

I'm very sceptical of these claims.  Electroneum are paying for Twitter retweets from botnets and also paying people to post positively on BCT.  How do we know that they aren't also gaming the investment statistics?

First of all, the Botnet FUD is NOT true.

2nd, are you refering to people getting bounties for having Electroneum in their sig?

That wouldnt fall under, "paying for posititive posts", as people can make any post they want, in any thread, they are only bounty coins because when they make ANY KIND OF POST, the sig is advertizing ETN links.

So, your entire post is incorrect.

And how about the over 20K Telegram users, is that a conspiracy, too???

Really?

How many more times are you going to come back here and try to mislead everyone

Isnt 12 TIMES, yes 12 POSTS EVERYONE, isnt that enough??

I have a right to post here with my scepticism about the long term veracity about this project and the methods that the Electroneum team are using to promote it. I have been careful to not call Electroneum a scam.

My motivations are not personal gain, I am legally unable to invest in ICOs anyway due to the recent SEC rulings amongst others in my home jurisdictions.

Also, I am perhaps a a crypto old timer who values innovation and development over marketing and sales.  Electroneum could well be a good investment if your only interest is making money.

Lets see if I am to be proven wrong. Lets make this interesting.  I'll donate $500 to a charity of your choice if the price of Electroneum is higher than the first week high after 4 weeks. I'll try to remember to check in back here, if I don't just PM me.

HertzCoin

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:18:38 AM

Firstly I doubted if it was a real scam there
But as the team with the project gathered more than 3 mil I was sure it turned out to be a perspective project
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 10:36:55 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2017, 10:46:56 AM by KingScorpio

But as the team with the project gathered more than 3 mil I was sure it turned out to be a perspective project

it doesnt matter how much they gatherered.

did they do an aggressive marketing strategy?

yes.

did they reach many people?

yes.

did they had unconditional financial support by powers behind them?

likely, considering the cost of their marketing campaing. those powers will come back to them.

will it be successful and longterm enduring?

no, because its just an empty IT system claimed to be money claimed to be valuable, sold for money earned for time people worked!!!

regards

BlackWidow

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:44:36 AM

yes.

yes.

likely, considering the cost of their marketing campaing. those powers will come back to them.

no, because its just an empty IT system claimed to be money claimed to be valuable, sold for money earned for time people worked.

regards

They didnt spend but a tiny fraction of 40 million on internet ads for the ICO.

CPA for a download is WAY less than a dollar.

So for much, much less than 3-5 million, they will have more users than Bitcoin.

In your mind, where is the project then?
KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 10:49:05 AM

yes.

yes.

no, because its just an empty IT system claimed to be money claimed to be valuable, sold for money earned for time people worked.

regards

So for much, much less than 3-5 million, they will have more users than Bitcoin.

its an empty IT system, (i admit they marketed well) they will disapear with it.

its not long term sustainable.

i rather think next currency in britain will be prince harries coins than electroneum

regards

contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:12:55 AM

yes.

yes.

regards

its an empty IT system, (i admit they marketed well) they will disapear with it.

its not long term sustainable.

i rather think next currency in britain will be prince harries coins than electroneum

regards

Oh, boy!!

Haha

Funny, King, funny Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin
Rahip

Activity: 336
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:43:20 PM

No, it's definitely not a scam. They always talk about it.
but i researched very good and i trust.
KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 01:00:44 PM

you cant call an empty IT system a currency..... even in harsh times, royal money was at least minted on lesser quality metals, people tend to realise the scam sooner or later.

even if electroneum will have short term success it will still just base it on its aggressive marketing campaign. It actually admits that already

sooner or later there will be then:

electroneum cash, electroneum gold, electroneum platinum...... and so on.

no change at all.

people work for the british pound because they still think the financial elite will distribute the wealth and evenly develop the country, or at least because the british financial inquisition gives them no alternative to do so. no point electroneum will do that, or at least they claim to be british, which should be a warning sign to all those that understand whats going on.

i at least bother with making a cryptocurrency dual layered, but not for electroneum the IT encription and wasting of energy is enough to tell others it is valuable

BlackWidow

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:07:51 PM

you cant call an empty IT system a currency..... even in harsh times, royal money was at least minted on lesser quality metals, people tend to realise the scam sooner or later.

even if electroneum will have short term success it will still just base it on its aggressive marketing campaign. It actually admits that already

sooner or later there will be then:

electroneum cash, electroneum gold, electroneum platinum...... and so on.

no change at all.

people work for the british pound because they still think the financial elite will distribute the wealth and evenly develop the country, or at least because the british financial inquisition gives them no alternative to do so. no point electroneum will do that, or at least they claim to be british, which should be a warning sign to all those that understand whats going on.

i at least bother with making a cryptocurrency dual layered, but not for electroneum the IT encription and wasting of energy is enough to tell others it is valuable

Anyone see where this guy left his meds??

Not funny guys, as you can see HE NEEDS THEM, so this isnt a laughing matter.

Whoever has them just give them back and there will be no questions asked Shocked Shocked Shocked
vkitaebiz

Activity: 189

Cryptomania, BlockchainTV

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:15:17 PM

No, doing a lot of research into the team members and also constantly reading over the whitepaper and understanding the future of the coin, i am confident that this isn't a scam. Plus their marketing is pretty darn good. Although of course, don't take my word for it.
lexicon

Activity: 279

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:29:11 AM

Launch is finally here how much will you invest in the exchange before ETN goes vertical?

Its coming. ETN cant be stopped now
100percent

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:30:53 AM

No! Electroneum is not a scam, I already bought it and waiting for november 1 for their project. Able to mine in our mobile phones and this is great. I love their concept.
You will not mine with your mobile phone. Have you read the technical white paper?
rafter_01

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 07:34:07 AM

You will not mine with your mobile phone. Have you read the technical white paper?

Definitely not mining but a mining experience.

Truthfully, who gives a fook if its mined or not, you will be getting free ETN anyways. I prefer to get free ETN without really mining Smiley Cheaper.
100percent

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:19:04 AM

Definitely not mining but a mining experience.

Truthfully, who gives a fook if its mined or not, you will be getting free ETN anyways. I prefer to get free ETN without really mining Smiley Cheaper.
And how much do you think free ETN are worth?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: