Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:59:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Electroneum a SCAM???  (Read 104871 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nathanielpogi

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:30:56 AM

Where is the marketing? I doxed the dev team, which wasn't too hard when they post all their LinkedIn. They are big players in the internet marketing industry in England. They can do it for free!?! I even looked up the coins head guy Richard Ells and called his headquarters. I asked the secretary about Electroneum? I was transfered to a guy that asked me how he could help me with my questions. So I asked, "why aren't you marketing this ICO?". He said, "they are and more is coming." Do you see any marketing? WTF.

The ICO starts in 3 days!!

EDIT

No, it is definately not a scam.

They have raised 3 million already.

I was worried about the marketing, but now I see their ads everwhere I go on the internet, so the guy wasnt kidding when he said the marketing is coming!!

Damn!!! Ive never seen a coin hit mainstream news sites!!!

I dont think its a scam like bitconnect. Because they will launch their first beta on the first quarter of 2018 we will see if its a fraud ICO if it fail to deliver all of its promises to its user and trader that is using their tokens.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bubblebullet

Activity: 35
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:33:27 AM

Who owns these output addresses? Isn't that over half of all ETN that will ever exist? https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/search?value=878ec74ff5f305ba30df3bae5f84bc59c8cb8cfbcc3df12f58dd7e646999892b
yhendri

Activity: 178

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 11:52:23 PM

I don't thing it is a scam, and the price about 2 cent right now, if you miss the ICO with 1 cent price, i think now is good price to buy.
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:41:26 PM

I don't thing it is a scam, and the price about 2 cent right now, if you miss the ICO with 1 cent price, i think now is good price to buy.

Yeah, its the chance of a lifetime for those that missed the ICO
KseniaLard

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:10:48 AM

It seems legitimate ICO, however I did not invest, because only 30% of the tokens were for ICO, and the remaining 70% were to fall into the block chain that needs to be extracted. Devs does not accept any tokens?
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:15:14 AM

It seems legitimate ICO, however I did not invest, because only 30% of the tokens were for ICO, and the remaining 70% were to fall into the block chain that needs to be extracted. Devs does not accept any tokens?

The remaining 70% are rewards for the smartphone mining simulation app. I still believe in this project.
yujli

Activity: 105

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:47:51 AM

Ethereum lane is not a scam, because you can see many people in the ethereum, they are all holding and buy the ethereum, because they believe that the ethereum fang is a kind of can follow the currency footsteps and become one of the most popular coin in the market and the world.
BroganBloodstone

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:58:20 AM

I'm actually kind of wondering too right now on what happened to electroneum. They had a solid start but now they seemed to be forgotten because of what trouble they have to go through and they're taking so much time too.

It is just teething problems while Ricard gets his tech team in place. Once that is sorted and they ramp up adverting this can easily do 20x this year, maybe even more depending on on market conditions.
ginika

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:23:21 AM

in my opinion electroneum is not a scam because electroneum is a combination of decentralized blockchain technology and a centralized marketing strategy with a team of experienced developers who have managed multiple information technology businesses. In addition to having good quality, electroneum also has advantages such as (electroneum can be stored online on the website and can also be stored offline in android apps, which is certainly safer and minimizes hacker attacks that like to enter and steal all data and member information). I hope electroneum will have a bright future
david roman

Activity: 130

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:26:03 AM

I did not participate in this ICO, because of the way it was structured, well, i will keep an eye on the token and see how is performs on the market, there are lots of fish in the water anyway.
vasilisc555

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:30:42 AM

I myself invested in this coin I think you just need to wait and it will grow very much!
BroganBloodstone

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 12:28:49 PM

I myself invested in this coin I think you just need to wait and it will grow very much!
#
Yeap. In my opinion those who are patient with this coin will be rewarded handsomely Cheesy
sheenarif

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:19:30 PM

BLOCKCHAIN UPDATE MAY 30TH & DIVERGENCE FROM MONERO

This is a big announcement for Electroneum.

See bottom of this article for the full details of the blockchain tech update.

Some of our community have been worried about our blockchain tech, especially regarding ASIC miners and blockchain flooding. We will cover these below along with the announcement of some exciting major changes to the way our blockchain runs.

ETN Blockchain Update May 30th

Monero (who we based our blockchain code on) perform an update approximately every 6 months, and this is a great practice, as it allows them to keep their technology moving forward and introduce new features. We will be following this model and our first major update (also known as a fork) is scheduled to take place at block 307500 which is approximately 10.30am BST on May 30th.

Don’t panic! – Forking explained

It’s important for everyone to understand that whilst this is known as a fork, it is very different to Bitcoin forking to bitcoin cash or bitcoin gold. The fork will not result in two currencies, as all the exchanges and pools will update their software in advance of the update block and Electroneum will continue with an updated blockchain.

Time to test and implement

The end of May gives our community plenty of time to test and comment on the code changes that we will post on GitHub by Friday 5th of May. It also gives plenty of time for every node owner to update their Electroneum nodes, ready for the update block.

Electroneum divergence from Monero

We’ve always planned to move the Electroneum blockchain further towards reaching our goals, which in turn will move us away from Monero’s goals. We chose Monero because they’d written an awesome dynamic blocksize algorithm, but they also have some features that are not critical to Electroneum’s future. In this Electroneum update we’ve started to diverge away from some core Monero functionality. As we move towards a lean, fast blockchain to handle vast numbers of micropayments we need to lose some of the overhead that comes with the privacy of Monero. We are still going to be far more private than Bitcoin or Ethereum (for instance you won’t be able to look at someone else’s wallet balance), but by decreasing some of the privacy features we can fit significantly more transactions into a block, which is critical for our next stage of growth as our corporate partners start to bring on user numbers, and our vendor program starts delivering instant cryptocurrency acceptance into online and physical shops and stores. In short Monero is the best privacy coin in the world, where we need to be the best micropayment system in the world.

ETN Blockchain Tech Update (Details)

Anti- ASIC. An ASIC is a computer chip that has been made for a specific task. In this instance the task is to mine the CryptoNight algorithm that Electroneum uses. We are implementing Anti-ASIC code to ensure we have maximum resistance to any network attack that could occur in the future. Limiting mining to GPU’s reduces the chances of a single entity possessing enough hashing power to attempt a 51% network attack. It’s important to note that there is no proof of a 51% network attack having taken place on the Electroneum blockchain.

Transfer Fee Increase. There have been a lot of comments about our transfer fee being too low. It is important to our project that the fee remains low, because we are going to be focusing on instant payments and instant micropayments in the real world, and we need fees that are lower than typical debit / credit card fees. However, we have suffered from blockchain flooding so are taking steps to ensure we are resistant to this in the future. We have therefore decided to increase our base fee to 0.1 ETN. This is still a fraction of the cost of transfer of other cryptocurrencies, but still increases the difficulty of flooding by an order of magnitude. Combined with our other updates (below) this will give us more effective resistance to blockchain flooding.
Increase block size before penalty. We have been enormously successful and  seen some periods with huge amounts of legitimate blockchain transaction traffic. This, combined with blockchain flooding, has meant periods of blockchain delays. By increasing the block size before penalty, miners will be able to scale the blocks faster and get more transactions into a block. This will handle regular transactions and flood transactions, making delays less likely. Combined with the Fee increase this is a significant resistance enhancement to flooding.

Disabling of RingCT & Mixin. RingCT was introduced by Monero whose main focus is privacy. Our main focus is bulk transactions for a mass audience, and thus we are disabling some of the privacy features of the blockchain. Disabling some privacy features means we can fit significantly more transactions into each block than with them enabled. This means less wait to get a transaction into a block and a leaner blockchain size. Wallets are still private as we will continue to use a new stealth wallet address for every blockchain transaction so there is still significantly more privacy than with Bitcoin or Ethereum, but considerably less privacy than with a privacy focused coin like Monero.

Mempool life to 3 days. During high transactional volumes it is feasible that a transaction can remain in the mempool for 24 hours and reach the current limit. This would mean the transaction is returned to the sender, but that could take up to 7 days. By increasing the mempool life to 3 days (and in conjunction with some of the additional changes) we are ensuring a significant reduction in the possibility of these returned transactions.

2 minute blocks. Blocks are currently mined every minute. We are moving to two minute blocks which will significantly decrease the chance of an orphan block being created. Orphan blocks might contain transactions which will eventually (7 days) be returned or added to another block. Increasing the block time to 2 minutes has ramifications on the block reward which will be modified (see below).

Block Reward. We are doubling the block reward to ensure daily ETN block reward remains the same, despite the fact that we are releasing blocks at half the current speed. This means there will be no discernable effect to miners or pools.

Reduce difficulty window. Block difficulty window is being reduced. The block difficulty is calculated by looking at the last X blocks. It has come to our attention that by hitting the ETN blockchain with large powered rented hashing power gives the miner an advantage over a short period of time (until the difficulty algorithm catches up with the new hashing rate). We are reducing the difficulty window to reduce the benefit these periodic miners have and to discourage this practice, making the mining process fairer. This should have little or no effect on the difficulty number itself except during the exceptional circumstances described.

Thanks for taking the time to read this update! If you are running an Electroneum node remember to update before May 30th. If you are using a pool, ensure you let their telegram or other social channel know that this update is critical and must be applied before May 30th, in advance of block 307500.

Have a great day everyone,

✅ t.me/electroneum_news
chuckle.j.everwin124

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 04:25:38 PM

Not scam

But the suppy amount is huge, and too many users registered in the ico. I bealive there will be a huge dump as it reaches the exchanges. Undecided
duncanarmy

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:16:52 AM

I think Electroneum is a kind of mobile application for accessing cryptocurrencies.This application permits the user to send and recieve payouts and also to manage and monitor their online funds..It can be accessed even by an ordinary user.it is being designed on a custom blockchain with a variety of special features.
LEARNTOWIN

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:18:59 AM

Don't know whether ETN is a scam or not

But I sold All my ETN for VERGE and DOGE and now I see that 's a good decision (though I used to love it so much)

ETN is hard to grow like VERGE and DOGE

Grillo

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:19:56 AM

Not scam

But the suppy amount is huge, and too many users registered in the ico. I bealive there will be a huge dump as it reaches the exchanges. Undecided

Wow.. why are you so missinformed? the ICO ended more than months ago, more than 6 if i am not wrong. Electroneum is already in more than 5 exchanges (big ones) and it has already did more than x5 from the ICO price.

Kaattu1

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:25:35 AM

Electroneum has announced that it has agreed a strategic partnership with Japanese crypto platform QUOINE. QUOINE was the first exchange platform to achieve full regulatory approval from the Japanese Financial Services Agency (JSFA) and is known as one of the most secure and reputable crypto-focused fintech companies in the world.
simonmoore

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:20:36 AM

My crypto friend says that they are manipulating their own markets. But they look legit though if you read the yahoo article. I wish they stand to prove everyone wrong about saying that they are scam.
pstraene

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:01:09 AM

Dear KuCoin users,

Due to ETN official wallet system upgrade, we have decided to temporarily close all withdrawals and deposits for ETN.

When everything has been solved we will re-open deposits and withdrawals for ETN, please wait for further updates.

Thank you for your support!

KuCoin Team

This is not a good news for today
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: