Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:44:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Electroneum a SCAM???  (Read 104871 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Chokolo

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:53:13 PM

Personally, I am not interested in this project . But I know many investors are investing in this ICO .  I think developers need time to complete the project. Then we will .

What investors? The ICO went and gone last November and this coin has settled below 1c now, it's actually dropped 10% in just one day. All the fanboys were clamoring for Coinbene for a 'massive pump incoming' and do you know what happened? Absolutely nothing. Because this coin didn't need more exchanges, it needed a competent dev team not a team with a few entry-level blockchain devs headed by Richard Ells, who is more interested in doing stupid interviews with YouTube no-bodies and Boss Magazine (what? I had to look it up as well). Anyway, it's going to fall below ASIC mining commit point soon and then they are really in trouble. Can't blame GPU miners then can they.

I told you Electroneum was a scam. A joke. Look at the price now for ETN. $0.008. Rekt.
The only supporters of Electroneum are either hodlers with heavy bags that want you to buy their shitcoin, or the countless of shills the marketing company behind Electroneum have hired.

DO NOT BUY ELECTRONEUM. They will be gone in a year. Worst shitcoin you can find on the market right now.

I am just interested in the fallout, watching how the fanboys and hodlers will handle this - probably bury their heads in the sand like normal. I was speaking to someone who is in their Discord group and they are currently complaining about price manipulation (though it can't be manipulated with such low trade volume, they haven't grasped that yet). There is also someone there holding over a million of this coin! I was tempted to buy some in case it comes back up while it's really low but even I'm doubting that. I certainly wouldn't buy it on technical merit, only hype possibility.

The same thing happened when they released their mobile "miner". It was suppose to be their golden duck, but the price just continued to crash after it was announced.
Electroneum team are just like a headless chicken, running around, dont know where to go, and will eventually drop down and die. The whole project is based on nothing but empty words from their headclown Richard Ells, and all his paid subscribers on reddit and twitter. Its like the russian twitter accounts that have a million fake followers and try to use that to trick people to think their posts are super important. Look up youtube videos of Electroneum. You have to be completely blind to not see that the viewing count on many of those videos are fake counts paid by the marketing company behind Electroneum. This is what they know, to fake up things to make them seem important.

Its red lights flashing everywhere for this project

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwosuchristabe2
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:20:28 PM

It's an obvious fact that electroneum is not a scam, Richard Ellis has been very industrious, together with the entire team and I can attest to the fact that the project is a success. I do hope that the minestones or road map promised by the team would be achieved.
Tilim@Tilim

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:21:19 PM

I think Ethereum is a very reliable network now. But Ethereum has a lot of bugs and slow work.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
invicta

Activity: 194

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:26:36 PM

It's an obvious fact that electroneum is not a scam, Richard Ellis has been very industrious, together with the entire team and I can attest to the fact that the project is a success. I do hope that the minestones or road map promised by the team would be achieved.

I don’t know what metrics you are basing that on but if a coin whose price is falling continually is considered a success then god help us all. Giving free ETN away is a gimmick, but let’s face it, that just devalues it further.

But seriously, consider this: when the cost of mining (even with ASICs) is unprofitable, e.g. the coin is so worthless and the reward not high enough to cover the electricity cost, the blockchain will grind to a halt and that is it, game over, it doesn’t matter who holds what at that point. That’s the problem with having tons of clueless users with mobile phones thinking they are doing the blockchain a service and dumbing it down for idiots - newsflash: blockchain and crypto is not a trivial matter, and it needs miners and nodes to operate effectively. Ells should never have shot GPU miners in the back; he dug his own grave here.
Chokolo

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:54:52 PM

Spoken like a true shill. That was seriously one of the most dumbest thing I have ever read.

They let ASICs in and the blockchain went to hell since they were attacked by a big hashrate.

They banned ASICs and every GPU miner had abandoned the project so they couldnt mine the fork that finished the ASIC resitance. So Electroneum had to hire GPU clouds to keep the project alive. LOL. Already there you can see this project have zero support from people.
They then said ASiC was the future, and lost the last GPU miners that supported them.

Go shill somewhere else with your mindless posts please. You have absolutely nothing to back up your "project is a sucess".

Because thats why this project have gone down in price for every single good news they have announced and why this project is 0.008 now.
Chokolo

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:57:27 PM

I put buy option at 2 satoshis, seems it happen soon I will join "to the moon" side Smiley

Thats the most I would pay for this shitcoin lol
invicta

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:05:29 PM

I put buy option at 2 satoshis, seems it happen soon I will join "to the moon" side Smiley

Thats the most I would pay for this shitcoin lol

If it hits 2 sats, then you need to get out of there as mining will have stopped long ago. Someone told me that if you do the maths, as of the start of August, the break even price with cheap electricity in China is 67 sats but this fluctuates with the price of BTC and the network difficulty, I honestly think around 90-100 sats is where you exit sharpish. The only possible hope for a price rise is this ‘instant payments’ thing but honestly I think Ells is more interested in stringing idiots along as shown by his recent appearances in the media. I could be proven wrong with all these claimed partnerships but about the best you’ll get is 2-3x not 50x like the shills are claiming. Many better projects exist with real devs not Fisher Price wannabes and they don’t have fanboys claiming huge returns.
klement.i

Activity: 222
Merit: 2

"Sponsy Tokensale is Hot! www.sponsy.org"

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:12:17 PM

Electroneum is undoubtedly not a scam. It got a great prospect. I only expect Richards and his team to do more in keeping to their promise to the community to sustain the loyalty that the coin is enjoying from the project supporters.I expect the coin to do well in the long run.
I hope that this project will be able to fulfill the planned and finish off loyalty. But it seems that it will be difficult, at first glance it looks like shitcoin.

SPONSY •  DECENTRALIZING SPONSORSHIP INDUSTRY 
▎Big brands are joining! • Private Sale is On!  ▎
invicta

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:20:57 PM

I  believe this has been trashed out a number of times. Electroneum is definitely not a scam, if nothing is happening at the moment, it does  not mean it will not happen tomorrow 😪

Is this one of the team and followers' phrases?! 'Be patient'. I think everyone has been patient enough for basically nothing to happen. Time is running out, even if something does happen 'tomorrow' if the coin keeps falling in value, literally no-one is going to care. Not even the 'unbanked' which I genuinely believe is just a shameless plug by Ells and co to make people think they actually believe they are doing something good for the world. The only people I've ever seen stand up for this coin are the people who were suckered into buying it in the first place, and that's out of some misplaced hope or loyalty that it'll climb back up again. Anyway it's down about 10% today alone which is much worse than most other coins, if that's not a major sell signal or lack of confidence I don't know what is.
Chokolo

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:56:01 PM

I  believe this has been trashed out a number of times. Electroneum is definitely not a scam, if nothing is happening at the moment, it does  not mean it will not happen tomorrow 😪

Is this one of the team and followers' phrases?! 'Be patient'. I think everyone has been patient enough for basically nothing to happen. Time is running out, even if something does happen 'tomorrow' if the coin keeps falling in value, literally no-one is going to care. Not even the 'unbanked' which I genuinely believe is just a shameless plug by Ells and co to make people think they actually believe they are doing something good for the world. The only people I've ever seen stand up for this coin are the people who were suckered into buying it in the first place, and that's out of some misplaced hope or loyalty that it'll climb back up again. Anyway it's down about 10% today alone which is much worse than most other coins, if that's not a major sell signal or lack of confidence I don't know what is.

Well said.

These bots or shills have zero facts to backup their posts. Everything posted here so far have been "The team is amazing" "Project is huge success". Nobody have any argument or any post with meaningful substance.

HUGE red flag that these are shills
invicta

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:10:13 PM

I  believe this has been trashed out a number of times. Electroneum is definitely not a scam, if nothing is happening at the moment, it does  not mean it will not happen tomorrow 😪

Well said.

These bots or shills have zero facts to backup their posts. Everything posted here so far have been "The team is amazing" "Project is huge success". Nobody have any argument or any post with meaningful substance.

HUGE red flag that these are shills

I can't work out if they're shills (paid or otherwise) or just blindly hoping/praying that this coin will rise. I have noticed a good lot of ETN fanboys have most or all of their portfolio in ETN, and some have been stupid enough to bet money they really shouldn't have - if they've done that they get no sympathy from me and I hope it's a hard and valuable lesson. I lost thousands in bad deals over the years (away from the crypto-space) and it taught me not to listen to people who sound like they know what they're talking about and to do my own research - it's made me a lot more sceptical, a lot more thorough before committing and (I think anyway) a lot better at smelling out bullshit. Anyway, I never used funds that I didn't have or couldn't risk losing and I do expect to have to work for my money - I don't think by pressing 'start mining' on some shitty app I'm going to be able to buy a Lambo in 3 months time...

ETN is very near the make or break point now. I bet even if it does cross that threshold the fanboys and apologists still won't believe it. It'll be someone else's fault (like the alleged wallet hack in November, Amazon's load balancer, Coinbene's delayed listing, ASIC resistance, etc. list goes on) - I'm going to go with 'price manipulation by some unknown whale', as if a whale is going to waste their time with this...
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:37:26 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2018, 09:48:51 PM by contraband

For one Im the Community Manager on Bitcointalk, so sure Im totally*** bias*** full disclosure

Look at the Top Ten list of coins with the highest ROI, and where were most of them 10 months in??

ETN is down LOWER than ICO price from 20x ATH.

I certianly didnt expect much the first year. Look at it like a company. 10 months is nothing..

Think REAL time not crypto time.

They have almost 2 million registered users.

They are on pace to pass BTC in total number of users within a year.

They are gaining users at a pace faster than Facebook and Twitter at this point in their history.

They hold the patent for Instant Transactions. And before you think, "patents dont mean much in crypto", remember most vendors wont be able to accept a coin that copied it without premission.

They have a 40+ MILLION WAR CHEST, are experts in marketing, and havent started marketing yet.

Changing course and accepting ASIC gives them a VERY secure network, thats the short story why they did it

They have a plan, the team to pull off their plan, and the resources to do it.

Since the beginning, all we heard from every new coin is "Mass Adoption", but this time you have in ETN, a coin thats well on its way.

For less than a penny a piece, I would guess that it will be way up there on the list coins with the best ROI over the next year.

Since everything I just said is true, I would say that its worth some DEEP Research.

DONT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT. hint* Start by researching their team and already announced partnerships

To answer the question. Its definately NOT a scam, even if you hate us lol

Dont invest more than you can afford to lose and dont mistake my posts as investment advice.

***I am not a neutral mod or admin, but ETNs Community Manager with clear bias****

And yes, "Be Patient" is EXACTLY what is needed here, and yes, what Rich has told everyone.
Luigi21

Activity: 644
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:48:48 PM

I don't think that this project is scam but I've never liked this project because it aims to do something that isn't right to do, mining on smartphone isn't a good and profitable thing, it can be only ruin your devices

╔══════╗
zenfuze
╚══════╝
REVOLUTIONARY TRADING PLATFORM
[  The ultimate solution for cryptocurrency trading  ]
[    with built-in connectivity  to major exchanges    ]
████████████████████
████████████████████
████▀█████▀  ▀▀▀████
████   ▀▀      █████
████▄         ██████
█████▄       ███████
██▄      ▄▄█████████
████████████████████
████████████████████

████████████████████
████████████████████
████  ██████████████
████▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████  ███  ▄▄▄  ████
████  ███  ███  ████
████  ███  ███  ████
████████████████████
████████████████████

Zenfuse is developed to
REVOLUTIONIZE
your trading experience
╔══════╗
trading
╚══════╝
contraband

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:53:06 PM

I don't think that this project is scam but I've never liked this project because it aims to do something that isn't right to do, mining on smartphone isn't a good and profitable thing, it can be only ruin your devices

You are correct, you should not mine on a mobile phone for those exact reasons.

It is a "mobile mining experience", basically a slow airdrop for keeping the app running. Its about even with loading a wiki page. Doesnt even lower battery life.

Its marketing

It aims to get new users into crypto. And its working amazing.

Almost 2 million registered users and always around 150,000 to 175,000 users "mining"

Pretty impressive. More the most coins total users to begin with
invicta

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:54:47 PM

For one Im the Community Manager on Bitcointalk, so sure Im totally*** bias*** full disclosure

Where was Iota 10 months in? Certianly not where Iota is today. I believe they were at 10x ICO price, down from the ATH at the time of 20x I believe

I certianly didnt expect much the first year. Look at it like a company. 10 months is nothing..

They are gaining users at a pace faster than Facebook and Twitter at this point in their history.

They hold the patent for Instant Transactions. And before you think, "patents dont mean much on crypto", remember most vendors wont be able to accept a coin that copied it without premission.

They have a 40+ MILLION WAR CHEST, are experts in marketing, and havent started marketing yet.

Changing course and accepting ASIC gives them a VERY secure network, thats the short story why they did it

Since the beginning, all we heard from every new coin is "Mass Adoption", but this time you have in ETN, a coin thats well on its way.

For less than a penny a piece, youd be hard pressed to find a coin with better ROI over the next year.

Since everything I just said is true, I would say that its worth some DEEP Research.

Dont invest more than you can afford to lose and dont mistake my posts as investment advice.

***I am not a neutral mod or admin, but ETNs Community Manager with clear bias****

I think that's fair enough and at least you have the decency to admit that you do have a bias rather than the average idiot who just spouts the same crap.

So I have some questions/issues - answer as you will or not!

• 2 million registered users but 150k on the mobile miner, let's generously assume that half are on iOS so what's the other 1.7 million people doing?
  • They have a 'pat pending' - as you have seen on Dragons Den and many other places this isn't exactly a big deal and they haven't disclosed what is patented, if it's a patent for a very specific thing, it's not hard to side-step so do you have or know the patent number because I'd like to research it.
  • How are they experts in marketing? It's Richard Ells' background, everyone goes on about Retortal Ltd, but it's nothing, the company's accounts do not paint the same picture as he does.
  • ASICs do not make a network secure, currently the price is falling fast enough that if the profitability threshold is crossed, this thing will die. In the WP they made a big deal about it being ASIC-resistant and Ells very clearly turned his back on the people that got it to where it was, hobby miners with GPUs who spent their time, money, hashrate and electricity to get this to where it is and then had the gall to ask GPU miners to step up to the plate when they finally did the hard fork, only to reverse it days later. ASIC miners are no more or less loyal than GPU miners, if it's not profitable, they will go elsewhere, simple as. And I think they were under duress to re-allow ASICs (or in bed with Bitmain), as no-one, not even someone with no backbone like Ells would reverse a decision like that.
  • The actual cost of a coin is not relevant, if they had hundredth the supply then it would effectively be hundred times more per coin at a given market cap. But the only thing they might have going is hype off the back of this instant payment stuff, which is still very much vapourware
  • There is nothing wrong with Mass Adoption but you do not believe that is a facet and completely ignoring the technical side or the importance of people running nodes and mining is a concern? I do, I also fear that the dumbing down of mining to the level of 'any twat who can operate a smartphone' is a dangerous thing to do because people should know what they are doing and how it all works.
  • IOTA has grown a lot but it had a strong dev team and took a ground up approach, did you not smell a rat when they basically copy-pasted Monero and changed XMR for ETN and Monero for Electroneum? That is mostly why the hard fork took months to achieve by which time ASICs had all but ruined it for everyone else, which is why they (GPU miners) left.

Your advice of DYOR is correct as is don't invest what you can't afford to lose but I guarantee you by the way people speak on the forums, Twitter, etc. some of them did invest money that they can't afford to lose and the absolutely steadfast opinion and loyalty is formed by fear that it might go to nothing so they hope and pray that it won't. People are still betting on this going to 50x and I reckon about the best you can expect is maybe 2-3x and that will still be based purely off hype.

I don't think it's a scam but I would struggle to find a coin that has a more lacklustre dev team or a CEO that prefers to spend more time in the media than actually getting onto this - so not a scam, just hideous mismanagement and transparency.

And I just wanted to add that I do hold ETN, so I think as I am effectively as close as you can be to a 'shareholder' in crypto. I'm not just someone who dislikes something for the sake of it, but having been there since day one and watched this play out, this is the conclusion I've come to.
Neytiri

Activity: 111

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:02:02 PM

man ipersonally have lobed and believed in they idea that  Electroneum had brout i still remember the lines of their whitepaper and the vibe that the telgram channel had but i am so disappointed whith what happen to it but is it btc that effected it price what happen ?

fourokavas

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:02:50 PM

Not a scam, but i am more than sure in that Electroneum's team has already dumped all their coins when the price was heavily pumped, well, it was 80% up from the actual price

contraband

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:06:28 PM

Where was Iota 10 months in? Certianly not where Iota is today. I believe they were at 10x ICO price, down from the ATH at the time of 20x I believe

They hold the patent for Instant Transactions. And before you think, "patents dont mean much on crypto", remember most vendors wont be able to accept a coin that copied it without premission.

For less than a penny a piece, youd be hard pressed to find a coin with better ROI over the next year.

I think that's fair enough and at least you have the decency to admit that you do have a bias rather than the average idiot who just spouts the same crap.

So I have some questions/issues - answer as you will or not!

• 2 million registered users but 150k on the mobile miner, let's generously assume that half are on iOS so what's the other 1.7 million people doing?
  • They have a 'pat pending' - as you have seen on Dragons Den and many other places this isn't exactly a big deal and they haven't disclosed what is patented, if it's a patent for a very specific thing, it's not hard to side-step so do you have or know the patent number because I'd like to research it.
  • How are they experts in marketing? It's Richard Ells' background, everyone goes on about Retortal Ltd, but it's nothing, the company's accounts do not paint the same picture as he does.
  • ASICs do not make a network secure, currently the price is falling fast enough that if the profitability threshold is crossed, this thing will die. In the WP they made a big deal about it being ASIC-resistant and Ells very clearly turned his back on the people that got it to where it was, hobby miners with GPUs who spent their time, money, hashrate and electricity to get this to where it is and then had the gall to ask GPU miners to step up to the plate when they finally did the hard fork, only to reverse it days later. ASIC miners are no more or less loyal than GPU miners, if it's not profitable, they will go elsewhere, simple as. And I think they were under duress to re-allow ASICs (or in bed with Bitmain), as no-one, not even someone with no backbone like Ells would reverse a decision like that.
  • The actual cost of a coin is not relevant, if they had hundredth the supply then it would effectively be hundred times more per coin at a given market cap. But the only thing they might have going is hype off the back of this instant payment stuff, which is still very much vapourware
  • There is nothing wrong with Mass Adoption but you do not believe that is a facet and completely ignoring the technical side or the importance of people running nodes and mining is a concern? I do, I also fear that the dumbing down of mining to the level of 'any twat who can operate a smartphone' is a dangerous thing to do because people should know what they are doing and how it all works.
  • IOTA has grown a lot but it had a strong dev team and took a ground up approach, did you not smell a rat when they basically copy-pasted Monero and changed XMR for ETN and Monero for Electroneum? That is mostly why the hard fork took months to achieve by which time ASICs had all but ruined it for everyone else, which is why they (GPU miners) left.

Your advice of DYOR is correct as is don't invest what you can't afford to lose but I guarantee you by the way people speak on the forums, Twitter, etc. some of them did invest money that they can't afford to lose and the absolutely steadfast opinion and loyalty is formed by fear that it might go to nothing so they hope and pray that it won't. People are still betting on this going to 50x and I reckon about the best you can expect is maybe 2-3x and that will still be based purely off hype.

I don't think it's a scam but I would struggle to find a coin that has a more lacklustre dev team or a CEO that prefers to spend more time in the media than actually getting onto this - so not a scam, just hideous mismanagement and transparency.

And I just wanted to add that I do hold ETN, so I think as I am effectively as close as you can be to a 'shareholder' in crypto. I'm not just someone who dislikes something for the sake of it, but having been there since day one and watched this play out, this is the conclusion I've come to.

Great questions!!!

- there are always 150-175k using the mobile miner these days, the rest are not currently mining at the time

-Patent Info

Richard Ells-

"That’s right – we now have a protected patent that allows us to add bitcoin, Ethereum, monero or virtually any other cryptocurrency to our app and allow users to make instant crypto payments to any vendor who wants to have the convenience of instant check-out. This won’t be happening this year, as we want to get Electroneum (ETN) out there first into the market, but it gives us the ABILITY to provide this if the market demands it. We could therefore work with a large multinational vendor who had chosen a different cryptocurrency, but still leverage the Electroneum brand, as part of our strategy for brand dominance and growth.

There’s bound to be a ton of questions and there’s bound to be a lot of people trying to claim that this can’t happen or it doesn’t exist – but I assure you that the patent is filed (patent app. Number 1805708.3) and Dentons are confident of our claims, and we are going to deliver everything we’ve said we will. This single jurisdiction patent application protects the idea we apply for global patents.

It covers a number of other things too, that we’ve discovered by being the first people to ever handle this volume of cryptocurrency users in a hybrid app. Since we’ve found solutions for a lot of the problems, we’ve patented the techniques to give Electroneum the intellectual property rights, enabling us to protect the process, or even earn royalties from their use elsewhere.

One of the phrases we heard last year speaking to one of the large vendors we are in discussion with was “Where is your moat?”. What they meant by this is what is to stop someone else coming along and offering the same thing. What protects the Electroneum business model (other than our massive first mover advantage)? This patent is exactly what they were after. If gives them a reason to publicly endorse us as a fintech partner, because we are following the corporate path.

We are now protected. No new ICO can think “great idea” and take it, as it’s protected by global patent laws"

- Rich is a marketing genius. And look at the companies like Avon and Herbalife (Richs Clients) for example, and think on how they market their products.

Rich also pulled off an ICO that had the highest number of investors in crypto history

Can I prove hes a marketing genius? Not really I guess, but if I were to market a crypto, he would be the one Id pick, just on how many users hes been able to pick up without the first marketing campaign that dips into the ICO money having occured yet.

- going back to the ASICs was the smartest move. Sure, if the coin loses all its miners, it will die. I wouldnt worry about that. I dont see that happening. I said many months ago that I fully expect the price to dip to $.005 before it starts going back up. It takes time to build a solid team and get everything worked out with all the different partnerships, and to find, hire, and let the best PR firms in each region of the world prepare for the first real marketing push. Etc etc.

It takes time to roll out what they are trying to accomplish worldwide. During this time the market will lose some faith, but it wont take so long that we will even come close to dropping far enough that we will lose all our support. In fact, we are still gaining users due to the viral effect of the mobile miner.

-Instant Transaction Tech vaporware concern

I hate the vaporware stage myself

There is already beta testing for the Instant Transactions Tech going on within the general community. So were at beta. Past the vaporware stage

- Some friendly Observations and PERSONAL market expectations

--> I beleive BTC will hit $100,000 within 6 to 24 months
--> During this time I believe cryptos total MC will be in the Trillions
--> If these things occur, and ETN is in the Top 5, that puts ETN at $2 to $5, big IFs, but I think thats where crypto is headed.

Like they say, I dont think weve seen nothing yet!!!

And I do think ETN will be in the Top 5 when they have the most users of any crypto, enable the billions of people that are unbanked, the ETN app comes standard on hundreds of millions of phones, Instant Tranaction Tech is a success, etc

All these things are not pie in the sky dreams.

We have made progress on all these fronts. We are on pace with the patent, current already announced partnerships bringing exposure of ETN to 130 million of our partners customers (thats just the partnerships already announced so far), our partners and many of our userbase, is in the regions where many are unbanked, so market penetration is well on its way there, etc. Also, we are already halfway to passing BTC in total users.

Research and stay tuned everyone!!!

*Do not invest more than you can afford to lose and dont mistake my posts for investment advice*

*** I am not a neutral mod or admin. I am Electroneum's Community Manager and have clear bias***
contraband

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:07:50 PM

Not a scam, but i am more than sure in that Electroneum's team has already dumped all their coins when the price was heavily pumped, well, it was 80% up from the actual price

Dev coins are STILL locked. So not one has been dumped
invicta

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:39:21 PM

Great questions!!!

- there are always 150-175k using the mobile miner these days, the rest are not currently mining at the time

-Patent Info

Richard Ells-

"That’s right – we now have a protected patent that allows us to add bitcoin, Ethereum, monero or virtually any other cryptocurrency to our app and allow users to make instant crypto payments to any vendor who wants to have the convenience of instant check-out. This won’t be happening this year, as we want to get Electroneum (ETN) out there first into the market, but it gives us the ABILITY to provide this if the market demands it. We could therefore work with a large multinational vendor who had chosen a different cryptocurrency, but still leverage the Electroneum brand, as part of our strategy for brand dominance and growth.

There’s bound to be a ton of questions and there’s bound to be a lot of people trying to claim that this can’t happen or it doesn’t exist – but I assure you that the patent is filed (patent app. Number 1805708.3) and Dentons are confident of our claims, and we are going to deliver everything we’ve said we will. This single jurisdiction patent application protects the idea we apply for global patents.

It covers a number of other things too, that we’ve discovered by being the first people to ever handle this volume of cryptocurrency users in a hybrid app. Since we’ve found solutions for a lot of the problems, we’ve patented the techniques to give Electroneum the intellectual property rights, enabling us to protect the process, or even earn royalties from their use elsewhere.

One of the phrases we heard last year speaking to one of the large vendors we are in discussion with was “Where is your moat?”. What they meant by this is what is to stop someone else coming along and offering the same thing. What protects the Electroneum business model (other than our massive first mover advantage)? This patent is exactly what they were after. If gives them a reason to publicly endorse us as a fintech partner, because we are following the corporate path.

We are now protected. No new ICO can think “great idea” and take it, as it’s protected by global patent laws"

- Rich is a marketing genius. And look at the companies like Avon and Herbalife (Richs Clients) for example, and think on how they market their products.

Rich also pulled off an ICO that had the highest number of investors in crypto history

Can I prove hes a marketing genius? Not really I guess, but if I were to market a crypto, he would be the one Id pick, just on how many users hes been able to pick up without the first marketing campaign that dips into the ICO money having occured yet.

- going back to the ASICs was the smartest move. Sure, if the coin loses all its miners, it will die. I wouldnt worry about that. I dont see that happening. I said many months ago that I fully expect the price to dip to $.005 before it starts going back up. It takes time to build a solid team and get everything worked out with all the different partnerships, and to find, hire, and let the best PR firms in each region of the world prepare for the first real marketing push. Etc etc.

It takes time to roll out what they are trying to accomplish worldwide. During this time the market will lose some faith, but it wont take so long that we will even come close to dropping far enough that we will lose all our support. In fact, we are still gaining users due to the viral effect of the mobile miner.

-Instant Transaction Tech vaporware concern

I hate the vaporware stage myself

There is already beta testing for the Instant Transactions Tech going on within the general community. So were at beta. Past the vaporware stage

- Some friendly Observations and PERSONAL market expectations

--> I beleive BTC will hit $100,000 within 6 to 24 months
    --> During this time I believe cryptos total MC will be in the Trillions
    --> If these things occur, and ETN is in the Top 5, that puts ETN at $2 to $5, big IFs, but I think thats where crypto is headed.

Like they say, I dont think weve seen nothing yet!!!

And I do think ETN will be in the Top 5 when they have the most users of any crypto, enable the billions of people that are unbanked, the ETN app comes standard on hundreds of millions of phones, Instant Tranaction Tech is a success, etc

All these things are not pie in the sky dreams.

We have made progress on all these fronts. We are on pace with the patent, current already announced partnerships bringing exposure of ETN to 130 million of our partners customers (thats just the partnerships already announced so far), our partners and many of our userbase, is in the regions where many are unbanked, so market penetration is well on its way there, etc. Also, we are already halfway to passing BTC in total users.

Research and stay tuned everyone!!!

*Do not invest more than you can afford to lose and dont mistake my posts for investment advice*

*** I am not a neutral mod or admin. I am Electroneum's Community Manager and have clear bias***

Ok, thanks for replying.

• Why are they not mining? You install the app, run it and click 'start mining' - only an idiot wouldn't do this, so I truly believe most of those accounts are meaningless and/or duplicates. As it's an 'experience' and not consuming battery or anything else, what possible reason could you not have for running it? Also Ells said it would earn you $30 a month, I think at this point we all know that was utter BS and not possible.
    • Just so I understand this, even with bias set aside (I appreciate and respect that you have bias and disclosed that fact) - are you saying that Electroneum Ltd., the coin that famously couldn't even complete a hard fork, has somehow developed instant payment technology that Bitcoin, etc. has been working on with a much bigger, stronger, smarter team hasn't managed to complete and launch yet? I find that remarkably hard to believe and all I can think of is that Electroneum are acting as a payment processor/settlement layer/bank between both parties and taking on the credit risk themselves which is either very smart or very stupid.
    • Richard Ells is not a marketing genius, his own company Retortal is doing nothing, I suggest you check Companies House which has public accounts - I haven't heard of a single Fortune 500 company using his 'freemium' product despite claims. I also heard people say Retortal is worth $50m (USD), well on CH, the net worth is negative so I think the only marketing trick he pulled was to convince people to stake in the ICO.
    • With respect to ASICs and judging from your language, I can only assume you have never mined or actually put money on that aspect of it. Who cares if you have tons of 'users' but no-one to validate transactions on the blockchain - the difficulty is still wildly swinging by 25% or so a day if you look at it, at some point it will not be profitable for miners to mine (ASICs, GPUs, CPUS, whatever). If it hits 0.5c then that point has passed and you are in the death spiral. I believe Ells would have had infinitely more credibility if he had just said from the start 'we aren't doing a hard-fork and ASICs are allowed on our blockchain' as opposed to that complete clusterfuck that was a hard fork only to be reversed days later when he realised the very people who supported him (GPU miners) had just been shot in the back and suddenly didn't want to do stuff out of the goodness of their own hearts any more so I am not surprised everyone left.
    • I have applied for all the betas and have had access to them other than instant payments, so I don't believe it yet. People keep showing that mock-up photo of a coffee shop but it is just that, a mock-up. When it goes live then we shall see. The iOS app at least looked half decent but it was just a clone of the Android app minus 'mining experience' (airdrop) - I am fairly sure they could sidestep the issue entirely with a 'cloud mining experience' but who knows what they're going to do. At this stage, iOS users have been waiting 5 months for an app that's still not out of beta.
    • BTC isn't going up to $100k anytime soon, I mean I'd love it to do that as then I can retire but let's get real. I also think pretending or claiming that it might hit $2-5 per ETN is ridiculous and misleading on any side of the planet, at the moment that is 250x at the thin end. Even if the marketing was perfect, they have a really crap dev team made up of the cheapest hires Ells could find. If you have been following I'm sure you know of the block 202612 issue and what he did/said to KnifeOfPi2. It *is* pie in the sky dreaming, I would expect maybe 2-3x with hype or 10x if lucky or it's just gonna die.
    • I honestly don't think Electroneum or anyone else gives a shit about the unbanked, it's just a stepping stone to riches for some people with an altruistic overtone - a bit like when celebrities do those charity appeals on TV, do they care? Do they fuck? It's just free publicity for them and this stinks of the same. Where they are countries suffering issues with their fiat currency, why aren't they buying or accessing this coin then?

In the interests of fairness, I think you should broadly disclose what coins you do/don't hold and a rough figure for ETN. If it's just ETN only, then I can't question your integrity and it's either crazy/madness or if you believe it in, good for you. I can't verify any of whatever you say anyway but it would put an interesting spin on it.

Also I think the guy who mentioned coins being dumped was referred to mined ETN being dumped, not ICO funds - I also think when that year anniversary approaches and the ICO funds get unlocked, it will be interesting times. It is just a theory right now but I have a belief that if this goes to pot between now and then, you might find the ICO funds disappear and so does the everyone involved with this project as they will suddenly be very rich.

And FWIW, I respect the fact that you have been fairly open, made the correct disclosures and even if I don't agree with your points, you can be sure I've read all of them thoroughly.[/list][/list]
    Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
      Print  

Jump to: