Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:19:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help please i am looking to start a pxc pool and need advice ( phenixcoin pool )  (Read 846 times)
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:34:34 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2013, 11:24:43 AM by zackclark70

i will be honest and say i have have no idea were to start any help would be gratefuly acsepted
i am looking to start a pxc pool that pays out the standard block as normal and any thing over that goes to the block finder nomaly only 0.1pxc buy every bit counts
im not looking to do this to make mony i am doing this to lern
pool fees will be as small as reasnably posable
edit pool fees will be 1%
all pool donations will go to inproving the pool
all info on the takings for the pool and what thay are spent on  will be openly avalable
i will will make 0 profit from this i am doing this for the pxc comunaty   

thanks all for your time i hope you can help me

i would also like to know what you would like from a pxc pool

Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 07:47:25 PM

I'll definitely be watching this topic because it interests me too.
Maybe you should have posted this in the mining section though.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:51:33 PM

I'll definitely be watching this topic because it interests me too.
Maybe you should have posted this in the mining section though.

i think it belongs in the alt cripto section / i thort the mining section was mainly about bitcoin
i think pxc is a brill crypto coin and am looking to suport it asmuch as i can ( even if it costs me a bit of mony )
thanks for your input
zack

chondrite

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:57:43 PM

i will be honest and say i have have no idea were to start any help would be gratefuly acsepted
i am looking to start a pxc pool that pays out a set % of the coin to the block finder and the rest gets split up as nomal
im not looking to do this to make mony i am doing this to lern pool fees will be as small as reasnably posable
the reason i want to do a pxc pool is pxc is not big yet and i would like to have time to lern before it gets biger
thanks all for your time i hope you can help me

Giving a block finder bonus that reduces other miners payouts may deter smaller hash rates from joining your pool.

If you just give the block finder a flat bonus, and everyone else gets paid normally, how will you make that up without going broke?  What kind of fee would you need to set to make your own ends meet and payout block finders?  Higher fees are going to push people away.  PXC Dev pools are 2% but a 1% fee pool rides at or above 50% the hashrate daily.  Two reasons for this, 1. lower fees, 2. higher pool hashrate reduces pplns variance.
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:07:15 PM

i would like to set it up in a way that
a 5% of the block goes to the finder the other 95% is dun by shares
or
b if the block is over 50 pxc the extra pxc goes to the finder
im not to botherd if i dont make mony from this i would keep the fees at 1% and offer a donation option
i would get the best sever i can find for a resnable mony
all donations to the pool will be used for givaways / promoting pxc
even at 1% i think the pool should cover its costs

chondrite

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:18:35 PM

i would like to set it up in a way that
a 5% of the block goes to the finder the other 95% is dun by shares
or
b if the block is over 50 pxc the extra pxc goes to the finder
im not to botherd if i dont make mony from this i would keep the fees at 1% and offer a donation option
i would get the best sever i can find for a resnable mony
all donations to the pool will be used for givaways / promoting pxc
even at 1% i think the pool should cover its costs

Option A:  This is not a bonus, its a redistribution of how 100% gets paid out.  If anything, you would reward high hash rate while penalizing lower hash rate miners. 

Option B:  Most transaction fees I've gotten from PXC have either been 0 or .1 PXC.  Not really a bonus if the block doesn't have a transaction fee.  At .1 of 50 is only a .2% bonus for finding a block.

1% fee is good.  Promotions and giveaways are too, just make sure all funds spent are accounted.  Being honest about donation funds goes a long way in how people feel about donating coins.
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:24:37 PM

my bigest problem is seting up the pool i dont have a clue  lol ( wanting to lern lol )
i would like to have a donation chart if posable so every pxc is opanly accounted for
i still like the idea of option 2 i think transaction fees will adup more when the coin is traded ( atm there are very few transactions hapaning

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:07:17 PM

update i have been looking at dedicated servers and domain names i am thinking of the pool being (cryptomining.co.uk/pxc)that way if i want to set up more pools i can any ides ?

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:12:20 PM

somone has offerd to set up a pool for 50 if i havent maneged it by my self by the end of next week i will have no option other than to acsept and skip that part of the learning ( i would rather not do that thow)

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:01:40 AM

have been looking at dedicated severs and a good 4 core sever is around 100  gbp a month and should handle 100,000kh/s acording to what i was told so a 1% fee should cover all costs mabe able to lower it after a month or 2 just concidering the offer to set me up a pool for 50 ltc seams like alot of ltc curent price of 50 ltc 160 usd  for what im told is a few h of work
if there anything anyone would like a poo to do that a pool is not doing now ?

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:32:02 AM

bump

pwn

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:44:09 AM

Don't think anybody is going to want to use a pool run by somebody with zero clue about how it works.
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:46:08 AM

Don't think anybody is going to want to use a pool run by somebody with zero clue about how it works.

thats why a am looking to learn everyone has to start somewere once i know how to do it it will be easy its just geting to that part im finding hard

chondrite

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:02:04 AM

have been looking at dedicated severs and a good 4 core sever is around 100  gbp a month and should handle 100,000kh/s acording to what i was told so a 1% fee should cover all costs mabe able to lower it after a month or 2 just concidering the offer to set me up a pool for 50 ltc seams like alot of ltc curent price of 50 ltc 160 usd  for what im told is a few h of work

to cover your server costs, you'll need 100 gbp a month....so 150 bucks...or 50 ltc.  That means your pool needs to collect, monthly, 5000 LTC's in order to maintain costs at 1%.  5000 LTC is 100 blocks.  That is at least 3 blocks a day.  Your pool will need a hash rate of at least 50 MH (this is just for LTC) to meet that demand.

I know you're doing PXC, but the idea is still the same, just harder to accomplish because there are way less people mining PXC than there are LTC.  You're going to have to be pretty enticing of a server to pull people away from what already is working for them.  Located in EU may be to your advantage in this situation as the only other EU PXC server is the dev one.  However it usually has less than 50 MH.

In my opinion, your server costs are too high.  Start out with a much smaller package if you can, upgrade when you need to and can afford it.
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:04:21 AM

have been looking at dedicated severs and a good 4 core sever is around 100  gbp a month and should handle 100,000kh/s acording to what i was told so a 1% fee should cover all costs mabe able to lower it after a month or 2 just concidering the offer to set me up a pool for 50 ltc seams like alot of ltc curent price of 50 ltc 160 usd  for what im told is a few h of work

to cover your server costs, you'll need 100 gbp a month....so 150 bucks...or 50 ltc.  That means your pool needs to collect, monthly, 5000 LTC's in order to maintain costs at 1%.  5000 LTC is 100 blocks.  Thats at least 3 blocks a day.  Your pool will need a hash rate of at least 50 MH to meet that demand.

Your server costs are too high.

im not doing it for the mony i am doing it to learn btw im doing it for pxc not ltc lol the 100gbp sever is the chepest i can find for what you get
( 100mbit upload/dload unlinmeted bandwith 1tb hdd hardware raid 1 24gb ram any os that i want 4 back ups in difren locations  99.99% uptime or your mony back free domain name 1 month roaling contract if i have it for over 3 months thay lover the price to 60gbp + vat 20%
i dont think its all bad for that mony

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:07:20 AM

just worked it out with 20,000kh on pxc that would get nearly 100 blocks aday  so i would get 50 pxc curent value 1ltc sever is good for 100,000kh+ so that is 5ltc a day that more than covers it

chondrite

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:21:04 AM

just worked it out with 20,000kh on pxc that would get nearly 100 blocks aday  so i would get 50 pxc curent value 1ltc sever is good for 100,000kh+ so that is 5ltc a day that more than covers it

Do not count on the forum exchange prices to hold in a month when you need to make a server payment.  There is no telling what the price will be in a month.  Currently, there is not a large enough sample to determine the true price of PXC.  Theres litterally only a few dozen people selling, and way less than that buying.  It could likely be 50 PXC is .01 LTC and then you'll need 100x's the blocks to match your server costs.

You speculation about costs should be pessimistic.  Expect the worse, hope for the best.

I'll say it again, you should reduce your server costs now.  Upgrade the server when the extra space is needed.  You're not going to have 100 MH jumping on the first day more than likely.  The Hackshardgaming pool has been up since day 2 of PXC release, the most hash rate I've seen there is 10 MH.
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:28:49 AM

just worked it out with 20,000kh on pxc that would get nearly 100 blocks aday  so i would get 50 pxc curent value 1ltc sever is good for 100,000kh+ so that is 5ltc a day that more than covers it

Do not count on the forum exchange prices to hold in a month when you need to make a server payment.  There is no telling what the price will be in a month.  Currently, there is not a large enough sample to determine the true price of PXC.  Theres litterally only a few dozen people selling, and way less than that buying.  It could likely be 50 PXC is .01 LTC and then you'll need 100x's the blocks to match your server costs.

You speculation about costs should be pessimistic.  Expect the worse, hope for the best.

I'll say it again, you should reduce your server costs now.  Upgrade the server when the extra space is needed.  You're not going to have 100 MH jumping on the first day more than likely.  The Hackshardgaming pool has been up since day 2 of PXC release, the most hash rate I've seen there is 10 MH.
i would rather go for the biger server because i can always start a a difrent pool aswell on the same server and changing server meens downtime
having 1% fees and a good sever would meen i should get a good amount of hashrate on the pool

chondrite

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:54:40 PM

I'll say it again, you should reduce your server costs now.  Upgrade the server when the extra space is needed.  You're not going to have 100 MH jumping on the first day more than likely.  The Hackshardgaming pool has been up since day 2 of PXC release, the most hash rate I've seen there is 10 MH.
i would rather go for the biger server because i can always start a a difrent pool aswell on the same server and changing server meens downtime
having 1% fees and a good sever would meen i should get a good amount of hashrate on the pool

Hackshardgaming pool had a cool promotion where he did a giveaway to block finders of blocks with double, triple or quad digits.  It still never pushed the pool's MH over 10.  Promotions sound good, but miners are going to go where there's the least variance, and with PPLNS, that is with big pools.  There are other payout methods, maybe go with one of them to set yourself apart from the current pool?  A PPS pool opened yesterday, but I haven't checked back in on it since to see if it has picked up any miners.  DGM, POT, and RBPPS pools do not exists for pxc and can be just as favorable for mining.

The price of the server after 3 months sounds much more reasonable.  I would attempt to get that price from the beginning if at all possible.  The price difference is huge.
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:10:25 PM

it is expencive because thay charge for the sever set up

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: