Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:59:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: trouble with a cold transaction  (Read 404 times)
zyrez (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:09:41 PM

Hi, I followed the steps for a transaction between a cold wallet and a watching only one, but I couldn't finish it. I created and saved an unsigned transaction in a pen drive and tried to get my transaction signed in the offline wallet, but I couldn't because the "sign" button wasn't activated. So the Transaction ID didn't appear. What happened? Please if you can help me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:22:13 PM

Where did you find the instruction from, also what wallet are you using? Also do you have the needed amount of bitcoin? Im not sure if you are referring to watch only address or what type of "watching". However you can save the coinb.in on your computer, and use it for signing transactions offline. Then use the same tool for broadcasting the tx.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:35:48 PM

Hi, I followed the steps for a transaction between a cold wallet and a watching only one, but I couldn't finish it. I created and saved an unsigned transaction in a pen drive and tried to get my transaction signed in the offline wallet, but I couldn't because the "sign" button wasn't activated. So the Transaction ID didn't appear. What happened? Please if you can help me.

Presumably you're using electrum.
In electrum, did you:
1. In the inline computer click send, and put in the amounts, fee and address and then hit preview?
2. Click save to save that transaction to a file on the pen drive.
3. On the offline computer, locate the file on the pen drive after clicking "load" > from file. And then in the window hit sign? Is this the sign key that's stuck?

If it isn't electrum, can you point us to the wallet you're using to store the private key.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: