Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:14:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: So many new ICO, how to check if it's scam?  (Read 14775 times)
kambaralikhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:22:47 PM

I see the idea behind the project, the more innovative and unique it is, more chances that the ICO will be success.
The team behind the project also very important regarding this appraisal that is the project scam or worth to invest. I suggest that never rely on websites that rate ICOs. Always assess the project by your self. Read the white paper for the project understanding.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:24:44 PM

to be honest it is impossible to be 100% sure if its scam even you know hose people personally it can turned into disaster at end.
To minimalize risk try call to them, ask i email. Contact with their advisors that may lost reputation by joining their party.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
otandelapaz

Activity: 518
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:30:34 PM

So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...

By reputation and background.  There are ICOs out there that are created by legit companies, entities that are existing for years and have a good reputation in their certain fields. I don't think they will "scam" someone using ICO because they have a reputation to protect.
Also, be sure that the ICO they are promoting is related to the current business or field they have.  You'll be sure that they really know what they are doing.
borovichok

Activity: 1148
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 08:51:18 PM

You must consider all ICOs as scam. First you need to study their site, and you can find information. Find as much information as possible and make the right conclusion.

Stake VIP wager
kakawin

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:58:50 PM

You must consider all ICOs as scam. First you need to study their site, and you can find information. Find as much information as possible and make the right conclusion.
It's all very much like a lottery. And I'm very unlucky with them.
It would be cool if someone came up with an insurance mechanism with participation in the ICO. This would raise all ISO to a new level.
niknik1966

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

DIW - Security Decentralized,Life Revolutionized

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:27:37 PM
Merited by Boing7898 (5)

What is written here makes sense, but in reality, you can always paint white paper and present a team and a roadmap. For example, the project manager will gather the cryptotrugs and dump somewhere, substitute the team and investors. Therefore, any ICO is a big risk. In order not to break my head, invest in mine. What, I do not advertise well? The coin is created on the most advanced engine currently - NEO.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀

SECURITY DECENTRALIZED

nonik

Activity: 367
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:57:00 PM

if for me, the best way to find out the ICO is a scam or not is by studying their work teams, looking at their roadmaps, product projects, and knowing their marketing techniques, so we can know the ICO is a scam or not.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
yillusion

Activity: 280
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:03:02 PM

Actually, most of them are scams which just aiming at raising money, how would you check a project that will never come true or will never do any help to real world, especially most of them pretend to work hard on the project?
kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:29:15 PM

There are so many things to look at, but i will fill you in with the 3 basic things you need to look at:

1. Check if they have a solid team and if the team is real, as in, does there profile check out and do they have experience or are they the next Tom Dick and Harry?!

2. Is the project mission and vision achievable and real, or is the team living in a fantasy world thinking they will change the world, and advertising it with hype?!

3. Finally check their High/Low caps, and coin value. Some ICO's set some unrealistic figures which show that they want to take your money and run off with it!

Good Luck!

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
rainbow0207

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:37:14 PM

First step to see available or not ICO at website:
http://icorating.com/

And next just learn more about project, about what people say, about developers.

thanks for this sharing.
inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:00:28 PM

Searcht the ico on google and do some research about the ico, read more and more especially its description and some important info, that is my way on how i spot a scam ico, all you have to do is read and read take time and waste time reading for it will be worth it because you will have a successful not a scam ico
Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:07:40 PM

The length of white paper mesaure 90% of ICO's potential in future  Cool Just check some past project in such way.
Belkaa

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:22:03 PM

Currently, ICO projects attract the opportunity to get "easy money" without much effort. The only difficulty is to choose a promising ICO project. In addition, there is always a danger of running into scam projects and losing the invested money. These points should help you:

1. Website
If you open the site, you can not immediately understand the meaning of the project, then safely close this site. Most likely the creators of the project reacted to the matter through their sleeves, decided to save on the services of a copywriter who would write the texts "for people."

2. Find out how many languages ​​the site has translated
The main markets are China, South Korea, Japan, Spain, USA, Russia. If the site is only in one language, this is very revealing. The creators of these projects are very scrupulous about their globalization, so they always try to speak the native language of a potential investor.

3. Analyze the distribution of money
Initially, it is necessary to understand how it is planned to spend the collected money. If this distribution is written in a nutshell, and it is not clear how much they will spend on the product itself, how much on operating costs, how much on marketing, etc., then this is an obvious scam - fraud.

5. Social networks

Be sure to check if there are links to social networks, assess the activity of people in this network. Of course, many are paid posts and mentions, so spend a little bit of time to get to the heart of the comments and understand their meaning. Be sure to go to the branch in BitcoinTalk and read the opinions of the people who write about the project there.
william8829

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:23:57 PM

I remember I was interested in the Everex ICO.  I signed up for newsletter.  After a few months the token sale went live.  I googled it and the first result was a sponsored link.  I went to the site everything looked legit except the price was slightly different from what I remembered it should be from when I signed up. Red flag.  Went back to google and clicked on the second link first(first un-sponsored), it had the price i remembers so that was the real website? Right? Or maybe the email had the correct link? or was that it a spoof? Anyways, I decided against participating and haven't really considered buying tokens since.  

The few ICOs I have participated in always had a ANN thread on Bitcointalk with a healthy volume of Q&A and they have proven to be legitimate.
terbetet

Activity: 240

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:53:27 PM

Actually, we cannot evenly know whether an ICO is a scam or not because we can just be so sure on it once we are engage into it because we will start to be observant on the updates and improvements done to make the ICO alive. At first, of course we will be attracted to pursue the ICO because of its promising statements on its website and whitepaper and eventually we will just discover if it is a scam or not. So we must be wise on observing those ICO before getting into it.

Gunpaycity

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:11:05 PM

we can find and use this forum to choose a good ico and usually there are reviews or appeal if there is a scam ico

●● Phoenex Global ●●
◆ Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ◆
Telegram  ◣Facebook  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
firstside

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:34:50 PM

Of course you can not be 100% sure if something is a scam or not. But there are many good sources all over the internet where you can inform yourself
about a project as much as possible. I am not a big fan of crypto youtubers but there are some really good guys who take very deep looks into many ico's.
You can watch some of the videos to get some insights and then do your own research and decide for yourself which ico maybe worth investing. I think that is a good way especially for people
who are new to the crypto space. But please do not follow them blindly. Always do your own research.
tomvildc

Activity: 92

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:00:56 AM

Research by yourself. About: team, advisers, thread on bitcointalk, follow them on social network!
What do you think about INS? is it scam?
Nicoleer

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:08:41 AM

In my own opinion,You should make your own choice, because we really have too much icos right now, and almost all of them looks good, but not all will give you the money, so you need to be careful To make this choice you need to read articles and forums, and invest that amount of money that you can lost do not rush, and think twice before investing
Loriath96

Activity: 62

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:10:33 AM

The basic things what i look for before any investment is mainly i see whether the ICO is related to any product whatsoever . I also keep a watch on the whitepaper which gives details about the developers , their product details and their foresight about how they want to excel in that business.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: