Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:34:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING HOMETOKEN SCAM + ACCOUNT HACKED: NEWGUY05  (Read 743 times)
real_newguy05 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:10:24 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 11:24:33 PM by real_newguy05

All,

My account newguy05 was hacked.  The hack happened around mid/late August.  The scammer is now using my account/reputation i earned from the past 6 years to promote his fraud ico coin - HomeToken.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=20440

Have sent message to admin but have received no response and this scammer continues to use my account to commit fraud.  Add insult to injury, I am 100% certain this guy got my account due to bitcointalk's login/pass database being hacked a while back.  My email was not compromised, and there is no way he would brute forced my password which is very secure.  

To any admin who is reading this - if you need proof just PM me i have the various PMs sent/received in NEWGUY05's account year back to prove i was the original owner. If i cannot get the account back, i request to have it at least banned so it cannot be used to continue to scam people on this forum.

To anyone else reading this, please give newguy05 negative reputation so people are aware the account is compromised and is now owned by a scammer.

Thanks

----

Updated in first post as warning to all:

hacked newguy05 was posting every day spamming threads with multiple posts to pretend  to be legit promoting this hometoken scam, until i raised the issue and hometoken responded stating he had nothing to do with the account being hacked. Then on the SAME day, newguy05 also stopped posting and never resumed. coincidence? yeah right.

Hometoken is clearly a scam, you must be batshit crazy to give them any money

1) The website and white paper is just cookie cutter fluff copied from google without any real info on the actual ico, after you cut through all the bullshit in the white paper/website , it can be summarized as:  give us your money, we will use it to buy some real estate in malaysia, and the cashflow + appreciation will make your token worth more.  

2) There is no legal contract, no registered company, all those supposed employees are nobody and even then their linkedin profile never mentioned hometoken (if this is so legit, why none of them list it in their linkedin profile). Only this andrew yap who is suppose to be the founder has hometoken in linkedin - a 20 something kid that sold car insurance as his credential   - yeah i am going to give him money.

3) They take your money and can do whatever they want with it, even if they did buy real estate, and by some miracle the properties purchased is cashflow positive or appreciates, what makes you think they will tell you that and give YOU the profit?  There is zero accountability, once they have your money, you have no option whatsoever given it's all in malaysia - a country with little to no financial laws or enforcement.

4) Another sign is they keep promoting about hometoken being on all the legit financial websites like marketwatch - specifically for a news release regarding the $3 million pre-ico funding received by hometoken

A) Anyone can make a news release and have it show up on those websites as press release feeds - it was written by hometoken themselves and put on those sites, it was NOT written by the legit websites. Same as tweets are not created by twitter the company. The fact they heavily promote essentially their own bullshit as legit news from those websites is another big red flag.

B) Also where is this proof they received $3 million pre-ico funding, where is the audited bank statements by the big 4 accounting firms confirming the money is there?  It's all bullshit.  

5) Also consider the fact even if they are completely legit, real estate investment is extremely difficult given the initial principal required and ongoing upkeep.  Only a small percentage are cashflow positive. Do you really think this 20 year old  kid who sells car insurance has the depth and expertise to be successful AND will actually give you some of the profit if it indeed works out?

The list goes on and on.  As i said you must be nuts to give them money - much better odds at vegas.  I work in 1 of the big 4 ibanks on the street for 15+ years in risk, and as a real estate investor for majority of my adult life - 20+ years.  I will bet the farm this is a 100% scam.  

At least if this is a US registered llc you have some recourse, but it's not.  You wouldn't loan money to strangers in asia, so why would you do it now?  just donate it to charity instead at least you get the tax write-off.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1175

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:16:59 AM

According to seclog - August 27, 2017, 09:19:16 PM - newguy05 - password changed

Did you follow the instructions here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0 ? If yes, please wait patiently...
real_newguy05 (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:27:00 AM

According to seclog - August 27, 2017, 09:19:16 PM - newguy05 - password changed

Did you follow the instructions here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0 ? If yes, please wait patiently...

Hi thank you for the info and I have sent the message, just curious why you guys can't just ban the account.  From your log as stated, it should be obvious the scammer changed password, email, and is logging in from a different IP than the my usual IPs before the change.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:44:51 AM

I've personally gave that account a negative rep in the meantime. Please ping me should the account be restored for the rep removal.
3x2-2

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:11:40 AM

I've personally gave that account a negative rep in the meantime. Please ping me should the account be restored for the rep removal.
Could you check my account too, my account was also hacked, sent several messages to Cyrus but no response.

this was my account https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=358134
tempaccountforwill

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 02:25:54 AM

Same for me.

My account from 2012 was hacked through no fault of my own, but because Bitcointalk suffered a breach.

I have provided cryptographic proof that I own the account in question, but i have not received any response. It has been over 4 months since I sent those signed messages to Theymos.

In the meantime, the spammy posts are causing me reputational damage.

My account is 'greBit'. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=62974

This is not working for me either .. I can no longer find myself (1WillB) as a firstbits address Sad

Could we not have support for firstbits addresses in the Bitcoin clients?

I can prove ownership of this address and have done so
HomeToken

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

HomeToken - Tokenized Real Estate Fund

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 03:46:19 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2017, 04:11:11 PM by HomeToken

Oh ok, now I get it..

newguy05 joined our signature bounty campaign...

Since it's a hacked account, I'll inform our bounty manager accordingly..

Couldn't even remember him joining our signature campaign until I checked his profile

Didn't even get any PM and suddenly get accused of being a scam.

How is our ICO a scam just because a hacked account joined our bounty signature campaign?

real_newguy05 (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:13:05 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 11:13:04 PM by real_newguy05

Oh ok, now I get it..

newguy05 joined our signature bounty campaign...

Since it's a hacked account, I'll inform our bounty manager accordingly..

Couldn't even remember him joining our signature campaign until I checked his profile

Didn't even get any PM and suddenly get accused of being a scam.

How is our ICO a scam just because a hacked account joined our bounty signature campaign?

hacked newguy05 averages multiple posts per day, yet right after your reply on 9/16-17, newguy05 mysteriously stopped all posting.  It just further proves you are using hacked accounts that were legit reputable users to promote your scam hometoken. This is so clearly a fraud, far easier to spot than even the mining hardware scams in the early days.
HomeToken

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

HomeToken - Tokenized Real Estate Fund

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 01:57:37 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 02:18:28 AM by HomeToken

Mysteriously? User was removed from the bounty campaign when the user received negative trust and as mentioned before has never posted in our ANN thread until highlighted by your goodself

If we are able to hack accounts for promotion, we'll have more users in our bounty campaign.

How many people accused us of being hackers beside you? None.

Nonetheless, it's useless arguing and we'll let admin investigate thoroughly and decide.

We have also made our own report against you to moderators.

real_newguy05 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:12:44 PM

Mysteriously? User was removed from the bounty campaign when the user received negative trust and as mentioned before has never posted in our ANN thread until highlighted by your goodself

If we are able to hack accounts for promotion, we'll have more users in our bounty campaign.

Nonetheless, it's useless arguing and we'll let admin investigate thoroughly and decide.

hacked newguy05 was posting every day spamming threads with multiple posts to pretend  to be legit promoting this scam, until i raised the issue and you responded stating you had nothing to do with the account being hacked. Then on the SAME day, newguy05 also stopped posting and never resumed. coincidence? yeah right.

Since you deleted my post in your scam hometoken thread - on how even the basic due diligence doesn't add up. I am reposting it below, everyone can make up their own mind. Your ico essentially can be summarized as giving you money to do as you wish in a country with no enforcement, backed by nothing but fluff and copy paste google articles. 

----

This hometoken is clearly a scam, you must be batshit crazy to give them any money

1) The website and white paper is just cookie cutter fluff copied from google without any real info on the actual ico, after you cut through all the bullshit in the white paper/website , it can be summarized as:  give us your money, we will use it to buy some real estate in malaysia, and the cashflow + appreciation will make your token worth more. 

2) There is no legal contract, no registered company, all those supposed employees are nobody and even then their linkedin profile never mentioned hometoken (if this is so legit, why none of them list it in their linkedin profile). Only this andrew yap who is suppose to be the founder has hometoken in linkedin - a 20 something kid that sold car insurance as his credential   - yeah i am going to give him money.

3) They take your money and can do whatever they want with it, even if they did buy real estate, and by some miracle the properties purchased is cashflow positive or appreciates, what makes you think they will tell you that and give YOU the profit?  There is zero accountability, once they have your money, you have no option whatsoever given it's all in malaysia - a country with little to no financial laws or enforcement.

4) Another sign is they keep promoting about hometoken being on all the legit financial websites like marketwatch - specifically for a news release regarding the $3 million pre-ico funding received by hometoken

A) Anyone can make a news release and have it show up on those websites as press release feeds - it was written by hometoken themselves and put on those sites, it was NOT written by the legit websites. Same as tweets are not created by twitter the company. The fact they heavily promote essentially their own bullshit as legit news from those websites is another big red flag.

B) Also where is this proof they received $3 million pre-ico funding, where is the audited bank statements by the big 4 accounting firms confirming the money is there?  It's all bullshit. 

5) Also consider the fact even if they are completely legit, real estate investment is extremely difficult given the initial principal required and ongoing upkeep.  Only a small percentage are cashflow positive. Do you really think this 20 year kid who sells car insurance has the depth and expertise to be successful AND will actually give you some of the profit if it indeed works out?

The list goes on and on.  As i said you must be nuts to give them money - much better odds at vegas.  I work in 1 of the big 4 ibanks on the street for 15+ years in risk, and as a real estate investor for majority of my adult life - 20+ years.  I will bet the farm this is a 100% scam. 

At least if this is a US registered llc you have some recourse, but it's not.  You wouldn't loan money to strangers in asia, so why would you do it now?  just donate it to charity instead at least you get the tax write-off.
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 10:11:40 PM

hacked newguy05 was posting every day spamming threads with multiple posts to pretend  to be legit promoting this scam, until i raised the issue and you responded stating you had nothing to do with the account being hacked. Then on the SAME day, newguy05 also stopped posting and never resumed. coincidence? yeah right.

Since you deleted my post in your scam hometoken thread - on how even the basic due diligence doesn't add up. I am reposting it below, everyone can make up their own mind. Your ico essentially can be summarized as giving you money to do as you wish in a country with no enforcement, backed by nothing but fluff and copy paste google articles. 

----

This hometoken is clearly a scam, you must be batshit crazy to give them any money

1) The website and white paper is just cookie cutter fluff copied from google without any real info on the actual ico, after you cut through all the bullshit in the white paper/website , it can be summarized as:  give us your money, we will use it to buy some real estate in malaysia, and the cashflow + appreciation will make your token worth more. 

2) There is no legal contract, no registered company, all those supposed employees are nobody and even then their linkedin profile never mentioned hometoken (if this is so legit, why none of them list it in their linkedin profile). Only this andrew yap who is suppose to be the founder has hometoken in linkedin - a 20 something kid that sold car insurance as his credential   - yeah i am going to give him money.

3) They take your money and can do whatever they want with it, even if they did buy real estate, and by some miracle the properties purchased is cashflow positive or appreciates, what makes you think they will tell you that and give YOU the profit?  There is zero accountability, once they have your money, you have no option whatsoever given it's all in malaysia - a country with little to no financial laws or enforcement.

B) Also where is this proof they received $3 million pre-ico funding, where is the audited bank statements by the big 4 accounting firms confirming the money is there?  It's all bullshit. 

5) Also consider the fact even if they are completely legit, real estate investment is extremely difficult given the initial principal required and ongoing upkeep.  Only a small percentage are cashflow positive. Do you really think this 20 year kid who sells car insurance has the depth and expertise to be successful AND will actually give you some of the profit if it indeed works out?

The list goes on and on.  As i said you must be nuts to give them money - much better odds at vegas.  I work in 1 of the big 4 ibanks on the street for 15+ years in risk, and as a real estate investor for majority of my adult life - 20+ years.  I will bet the farm this is a 100% scam. 

At least if this is a US registered llc you have some recourse, but it's not.  You wouldn't loan money to strangers in asia, so why would you do it now?  just donate it to charity instead at least you get the tax write-off.

Hey come on, I am holding this account, it is belong to me. Do not blame people this is not fare. I do not have to prove anything, this account and all belongings are managing by me. One guy arise and give me a red trust, is that easy?

Awaitning your response...

(Due to my business I do not have spare time that much to write everyday, time by time I have been posting, just fyi)

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
Minnie1928

Activity: 140
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:48:56 PM

Hey come on, I am holding this account, it is belong to me. Do not blame people this is not fare. I do not have to prove anything, this account and all belongings are managing by me. One guy arise and give me a red trust, is that easy?

Awaitning your response...

(Due to my business I do not have spare time that much to write everyday, time by time I have been posting, just fyi)

I must interfere in this quarrel! My eyes are currently "bleeding"!
_______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

I looked at the account start posts and the proficiency of the English language was inarguable in the beginnings.
_______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

I cannot say the same for this reply that is written right now! (busted) Wink

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀              i v y              ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM   ●   FACEBOOK   ●    TWITTER    ●   YOUTUBE   ●   LINKEDIN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: