Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:35:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long-term hodlfolio  (Read 903 times)
neuro-artisan (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:27:41 PM

I'm planning to invest big chunk of my money into cryptocurrencies. I'm absorbing all informations since April 2017. So I'm still quite new but I feel confident enough.
I want to buy some hardware wallet like Trezor and put my money there. Everyday I'm reading news, watch youtube channels and others. Even attended on one blockchain meetup.
This whole stuff is taking so much time and is kinda stresfull but very fascinating at once.
I'm not gonna put all of my money at once, I will do it periodically in the upcoming months.

The main reason I'm doing that is I wanna invest my money so it would work for me and bring profits over time (I want to hold crypto for 2 years at least).
Other than that I wanna focus on other life aspects so daytrading isn't an option, I want to take some time off from crypto-sphere.

Here's my picks for long term hodling Cheesy
  • BTC (I'm thinking of 40-60% for the whole portfolio)
  • ETH
  • LTC
  • LSK
  • DASH
  • NXS
  • ETC

I'm only thinking of coins with future, as some of you may know there is a lot of coins that will eventually go down to zero.
What coins have bright future in your opinion? What do you think so far of my approach?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dude.Lebowski

Activity: 129
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:12:49 PM

I'm planning to invest big chunk of my money into cryptocurrencies. I'm absorbing all informations since April 2017. So I'm still quite new but I feel confident enough.
I want to buy some hardware wallet like Trezor and put my money there. Everyday I'm reading news, watch youtube channels and others. Even attended on one blockchain meetup.
This whole stuff is taking so much time and is kinda stresfull but very fascinating at once.
I'm not gonna put all of my money at once, I will do it periodically in the upcoming months.

The main reason I'm doing that is I wanna invest my money so it would work for me and bring profits over time (I want to hold crypto for 2 years at least).
Other than that I wanna focus on other life aspects so daytrading isn't an option, I want to take some time off from crypto-sphere.

• ETH
  • LTC
  • LSK
  • DASH
  • NXS
  • ETC

I'm only thinking of coins with future, as some of you may know there is a lot of coins that will eventually go down to zero.
What coins have bright future in your opinion? What do you think so far of my approach?

2 of those and maybe 3 should be removed from long term holdings. If you can’t guess which ones I mean you need to research more.

Don’t buy Monero. Just kidding. Monero would be a good addition.

Okay. The old man told me to take any rug in the house.
neuro-artisan (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:53:36 PM

• ETH
  • LTC
  • LSK
  • DASH
  • NXS
  • ETC

2 of those and maybe 3 should be removed from long term holdings. If you can’t guess which ones I mean you need to research more.

Don’t buy Monero. Just kidding. Monero would be a good addition.

Well, the ones I will surely buy will be BTC, ETH, LSK and some LTC. I'm not sure about DASH, NXS, ETC tho.
ETC could be good for mid-term after ETH goes for PoS (after hardfork). Actually forgot about XMR (maybe I will consider small amount of it) but even the Monero's developer have said to not buy that coin Cheesy (I think I've read that somewhere). So, buy or not?

Any other suggestions, anyone?
kamikadze69

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:57:18 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2017, 05:15:33 PM by kamikadze69

I like your choice. I think that's really a good coin. let alone ethereum and litcoin. I have a little suggestion to buy Monero, I think they have a project and a good future.
chicobr

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:00:35 PM

suggest STratis for you. Cheesy But check carefully information about this coin.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:11:04 PM

Your portfolio looks good. I suggest adding Qtum to your portfolio. And you can consider some promising ICO to take advantage of the cheaper price.
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:23:47 PM

Those are pretty solid coins to keep for awhile.  I'd shorten the list as I don't think LSK and NXT have demonstrated their long term potential.  I personally believe at some point the market will begin to consolidate into fewer coins.  For me, the long term holds in order of portfolio size are:

• BTC
  • ETH
  • LTC
  • DASH
  • XMR

I have a few holds that are smaller and in my mental risky bucket but betting they take off when certain catalysts are met:

• Waves
  • DeepOnion
  • OMG

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:40:33 PM

It's just BTC, ETH and XRP for me. I do have others that I like and don't currently want to sell, so the list may grow. I suppose the thing with lower cap coins is that they have yet to prove themselves.
neuro-artisan (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:14:40 PM

Thanks for replies guys Smiley

Will look into Qtum, Waves and Stratis (good mid-term holdings I guess), also ARK seems like an interesting position.

Well, at least 2-3/4 coins will be held for a long term without even touching it.
Although this thread is mainly about my long term holdings doesn't mean I won't hold some coins for mid term (half of a year or something).

I think following diversification rules will be fine:
- 50% of portfolio for low risk coins but possibly lower gains [long-term]
- 25-30% for average risk [mid-term]
- 20-25% for higher risk investments (including ICOs) [short-term]
kamina87

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:25:32 PM

I think I would choose BTC and ETH is the best choice right now, I do not think keeping ETC will bring about the desired profit.

Sikka157

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:30:15 PM

you should add some deeponion too. The development team is working to finish the deeptrust feature. After that they will be adding deeponion to one more exchange other than Novaexchange, hope it will be a big one. There are more exciting things coming in the future, launch of deepsend. The price of ONION has dropped from $5 to around $1. This is a good point for long term Hodler like me to enter.
Technor

Activity: 77
Merit: 105

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 06:34:54 PM

'nobody thought mothership??

hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:45:19 PM

• ETH
  • LTC
  • LSK
  • DASH
  • NXS
  • ETC

I like your idea and can tell you have done alot of homework.  I'm personally not a fan of NXS or ETC though.  A sizeable portion of my portfolio is in LSK but I'm not sure if I would buy in at this point, my coins just appreciated greatly. 
Krakatoa87

Activity: 113

Akroma.ovh | Ether1.ovh EU/US/ASIA Mining Pools

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:11:29 PM

Same as you, I've been studying the market for quite a few months and will now start to invest, Iwas thinking about this portfolio:
  • BTC - 25%
  • ETH - 25%
  • LSK - 15% (before it's too high)
  • ETC - 10%
  • WAVES - 10%
  • the other 15% I keep for investing in 1 or 2 good upcoming ICO (still to find)

HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:22:48 PM

I equal-weight BTC, LTC, Dash, and ETH in my top tier ... about 80% there.  Then the other 20% I have divided up between a few of questionable and risky new comers, that I don't really consider my long term holdings, but will hold indefinitely if they continue to develop as they say they will.
lofegs

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:35:37 PM

I have couple of long term coins but Waves is number one in those.
Also GameCredits, Status, Aragon...

Gecko8

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:37:19 PM

Same as you, I've been studying the market for quite a few months and will now start to invest, Iwas thinking about this portfolio:
  • BTC - 25%
  • ETH - 25%
  • ETC - 10%
  • WAVES - 10%
  • the other 15% I keep for investing in 1 or 2 good upcoming ICO (still to find)

Why do you believe on Lisk? Are there any news out, which will promise huge increase? I am only aware of a rebranding. But this is certainly
no helping  to increase coin price. Any thoughts?
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:00:47 PM

the other 15% I keep for investing in 1 or 2 good upcoming ICO (still to find)

I was looking forward to Red Pulse. Shame it's been postponed, but I suppose inevitable really given all the China stuff.
Krakatoa87

Activity: 113

Akroma.ovh | Ether1.ovh EU/US/ASIA Mining Pools

View Profile
n
September 12, 2017, 09:19:45 PM

• BTC - 25%
  • ETH - 25%
  • ETC - 10%
  • WAVES - 10%

Why do you believe on Lisk? Are there any news out, which will promise huge increase? I am only aware of a rebranding. But this is certainly
no helping  to increase coin price. Any thoughts?
I would have loved to invest in Lisk before, because it already pumped a lot. But I think it could have a lot a potential with it's simple Javascript implementation for developpers. I hope it will continue to grow more. And, from what I've understand, with it's delegate forging system, you can get 10-20% interest per year, as I'm willing to hold it long term, I like that Wink

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:20:30 PM

Great decision brother. Welcome on board. I'll still advise you not to relent on research. Research once or twice every 2 weeks. Keep visiting this forum. Continue watching videos on Cryptocurrency.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: