Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:38:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG)  (Read 104128 times)
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:37:45 PM

Another Bitcoin Hard Fork Is on the Way

I dont know how many fork will coming next years. why people want change bitcoin network so much. this is still good enough for us
Because they want power, they want to control the network and the developers are refusing to let go of the control, personally I’m with the devs the changes that the miners want to implement on the network do not make sense, after segwit we do not need larger blocks, they just want to fork bitcoin to prove they have the control but it seems people are not going to follow them.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dailyroberts

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:38:59 PM

Another Bitcoin Hard Fork Is on the Way

I dont know how many fork will coming next years. why people want change bitcoin network so much. this is still good enough for us
Because they want power, they want to control the network and the developers are refusing to let go of the control, personally I’m with the devs the changes that the miners want to implement on the network do not make sense, after segwit we do not need larger blocks, they just want to fork bitcoin to prove they have the control but it seems people are not going to follow them.

Nice explanation, they only want another bitcoin where they will have the full authority and control on it. So they can be the ruler of that hyped new bitcoin and turned into very rich people. I'll never support this attempts.
MarmaL3X

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:45:42 PM

I sincerely like the concept of decentralization and moving from ASIC and am baffled as to why Bitcoin developers simply didn't take the lead themselves on that change. This feature attracts me to Bitcoin Gold versus Bitcoin but the development comments are giving me pause. Personally, I think it's absurd that Bitcoin has evolved into a coin that has its mining centralized in such a small group that requires ASIC chips ..rather than being minable by GPU/CPU.
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:07:59 PM

Who can still keep up with all these forks. I don't really see the need for bitcoin gold to join the party as well.

prettybuds

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:09:48 PM

Who can still keep up with all these forks. I don't really see the need for bitcoin gold to join the party as well.

Indeed, nobody really needs this. To me i's just a gimmick to get more people to invest (more) in Bitcoin
Most will end up supporting Bitcoin anyway, as this is the real deal
DeltaX

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:18:39 PM

Why so many shit token that generated from the bitcoin, what the fuck is that picture? this looks pity. Is this will make the bitcoin just like a mother of the shit token. They are greedy person that always tried to forked the bitcoin.
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:14:25 PM

It is a free market, let the market decide if they want it or not, once there is a value given to it by exchange then the party will start, some people will argue this forks are even better then ICOs
krypt0n1

Activity: 238

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:43:25 PM

Bitcoin fork time 1, Bitcoin fork time 2 ... how many time will Bitcoin fork in future?

As long as there's money to be made and disagreements on the roadmap of bitcoin, there will be forks. Each subsequent fork will likely be worth less and less until interest and financial incentive in forking dies off. All it does is divides the community further and makes the entire crypto space look unappealing from  an outsider.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:30:53 PM

Bitcoin Gold (BTG) developer team responds to recent wave of misinformation and baseless attacks:

http://btcgpu.org/btgdev-response.pdf

I read the respose and if true then this coin might have a chance.

However I think they need to postpone it further to make sure they do the coding correctly.

Its need a proper POW change and proper POW difficulty adjustment. Also definately needs replay protection.

My advice is to take the screenshot on exactly the same time as Segwit2X.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:42:24 PM

Indeed, nobody really needs this. To me i's just a gimmick to get more people to invest (more) in Bitcoin

It seems like this is the new craze, it used to be just making a coin, then make a token and now it is forking Bitcoin.
Given that Bitcoin Cash was quickly relegated to a 'big alt', I don't imagine that future forks will be any more sucessful.

I can see a few more forks, each being less successful than the last, until they are worthless.
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:06:54 PM

It seems like this is the new craze, it used to be just making a coin, then make a token and now it is forking Bitcoin.
Given that Bitcoin Cash was quickly relegated to a 'big alt', I don't imagine that future forks will be any more sucessful.

I can see a few more forks, each being less successful than the last, until they are worthless.

While I do get your point, I believe you are wrong.
Bitcoin Segwit2x is the wannabe Present/Future/Real Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash did not have this claim, they admitted they are different and moved along. Now with the Bitcoin Segwit2x messing something up, forcing tons of forks, splitting the network into tens/hundreds of sub networks, the actual BTC or Bitcoin Cash will get the legacy of the "Real Bitcoin". Having the fact that most of the network supported Bitcoin Segwit2x and it got fucked up, I expect in this case Bitcoin Cash to get the crown and crash the other forks.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
SimonJones

Activity: 485

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:11:40 PM

Just keep your private key in your hands and everything should be fine.

..............Web..............Bounty..............Twitter..............Telegram.......
.......ALL DATA ⇔ ONE PLACE.......

danielgold20

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:28:09 PM

I think this time it will be something special and its price will drop dramatically
abeandund

Activity: 124
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:04:56 AM

Bitcoin Gold (BTG) developer team responds to recent wave of misinformation and baseless attacks:

http://btcgpu.org/btgdev-response.pdf

I read the respose and if true then this coin might have a chance.

However I think they need to postpone it further to make sure they do the coding correctly.

Its need a proper POW change and proper POW difficulty adjustment. Also definately needs replay protection.

My advice is to take the screenshot on exactly the same time as Segwit2X.

If everything in the btgdev-response is accurate, I agree with adaseb.  I believe it should be a no-brainer for bitcoiners that have embraced the resurgence of gpu mining as supplimental cash while waiting for btc hardware to become available.  I don't see it in any way hurting btc and as they call it a "friendly fork" because all they are doing is forking from the btc chain to clone a new currency having the shared history with bitcoin.  It won't pull any hash power away from btc like bch is doing.  It might effect eth and zcash but that will depend on profitablity like any other coin.  Ethereum marxist have no love the bitcoin maximalist, so that is what btg-gpu will effect as they go into their POS fork.  Eth doesn't want mining and they seem to feel the POS can't come soon enough, so gpu miners should oblige them and look to support this new gpu-btc. Since those are the 2 that are battling for  top dog in crypto, it make sense that btc users will enjoy the airdrop and at the same time giving a hit to  Ethereum.  The free market will determine the winners and losers.

I am not going to liquidate everything to acquire more BTC at these inflated prices so that I have more btc-gpu, but I will redirect my gpu hash to this coin once it is released and everything checks out.  If it survives it will be a worthwhile asset, if not then can always exchange it for more BTC.  Those shiny new asics are not free and isn't that why bitcoiners got back into gpu mining?

senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:34:01 AM

When it will be happen? I just heard about bitcoin gold recently. If the scheme like when bitcoin cash born, I mean fork on November, who is hold bitcoin on their wallet will receive bitcoin gold, this is good chance for buying bitcoin when bitcoin get deep correction.
They promise that on October 25 it will be the same as during the tough fork on August 1. In each purse, where bitcoin is stored, an equal amount of the Bitcoin Gold coin is generated. Bitcoin on the day of the plug must be in the digital purse, not on the exchange, and not in another place. Therefore, to get this new coin, you need to wait a little.
SastraID

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 06:49:03 AM

Bitcoin Gold on October 25 but didnt know what exchanger will listed Bitcoin Gold
just wait and see...

frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:00:25 AM

Hello,

Does anybody know which wallets plan to support the Bitcoin Gold (BTG) friendly fork on October 1st? And what, if anything, should be done by the user?

I think you should care about exchanger more than wallets. Though it was stated earlier you should keep all the money into wallets for which private keys are being held by us but it doesn't matter anymore. The exchangers are also safe place to get the bitcoin gold so you can cinsuder that one in first place. The list is big, but small exchangers like yobit, livecoin already published the notice that they will be ready for the bitcoin gold so you can think of them to put your money into.

Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:49:58 AM

Haven't done much research, but I've heard that Bitcoin Gold have got their own premine already, so they have already ruined their own fork. If this is incorrect please correct me. I can't see it having any value over $100 and wouldn't be surprised it it's like $20 a coin. Anything can happen in crypto though, we'll see.

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
redwine49

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:13:37 PM

It is a free market, let the market decide if they want it or not, once there is a value given to it by exchange then the party will start, some people will argue this forks are even better then ICOs

i aggree with you. this fork still better than ICOs. let people and market decide the value with those bitcoinfork.
this event also good for original bitcoin value and maybe can break 6k usd each bitcoin this month. i hope it will

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
sic57005

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:50:38 AM

Just checked the BTG repository (https://github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU), there are only 8 days to release but even the build is not working now. Do you seriously believe the fork will be released Oct 25?

Then see projects TODO: https://trello.com/b/P1rLw1G9/bitcoin-gold-todos
They even haven't time to do some long run tests Undecided What about stability and safety?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: