Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:51:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens when someone scam in ico?  (Read 429 times)
newbie3127 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:36:12 AM

i put btc in 1 scam ico startum and not receive anything

what happens to these scam ico? do police do anything?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 12:47:26 AM

No.

jahead

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:22:10 AM

you can try to do some research and investigation for yourself and collect as much as possible informations about the scam and more important the persons behind the scam, i would do it and if i would have some proofs, you could try to contact the "police" or similar authorities, but there is a chance = 0.
Ither1994

Activity: 414

THRIVE - THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 07:16:07 AM

Yeah there's basically nothing you can do, Most ICO's are scams and you people keep throwing money in them no wonder china has banned them all.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     T H R I V E     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE
Facebook    Twitter    Linkedin    Telegram    Medium    TGE PRIVATE ROUND  |  January 15th, 2018  ]
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:26:23 AM

They just run away with all the money, there is no regulation so there is no comeback or protection for the investor so everyone needs to be very cautious and research before investing in any ICO.
newbie3127 (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:22:07 AM

but what if i have person name? https://www.linkedin.com/in/justintabb/

still police do nothing  Shocked ?
jahead

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:05:30 AM

did you read my posting?
for sure you can try it, but if you dont have all fact and proofs of scam there is a chance = 0, and of course normally police have to investigate...
newbie3127 (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:36:35 PM

did you read my posting?
for sure you can try it, but if you dont have all fact and proofs of scam there is a chance = 0, and of course normally police have to investigate...

what is fact and proof? i pay but not get anything
this proof good or no?

because most ico only donation so can i go to police?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 08:46:33 PM

People think that regular "police" can do something about stuff like this are ridiculous at best. Let's put the Cybercrime division aside (not all places have this anyways). What exactly are they going to do? Let's say your local police found out the likely identity of someone. That someone is possibly a criminal, and is located several thousand kilometers away. Unless we are talking very big numbers and very good proof, then that is going nowhere.
Now, what usually happens in a scam ICO is that we're talking about anonymous people (e.g. often teams made up of fake images taken from online with fake names or completely anonymous). If they manage to *clean* their coins through mixers and other anonymous coins such as Monero, there is *almost 0%* chance of them ever getting caught. All you have to do in the end is to make sure you sell into cash P2P, anonymously and stay far away from the place where you sold. Now when you put into perspective how *easy* it is to pull off such a scam (maybe not that easy of a big magnitude, e.g. several millions), that makes you wonder why anyone in their right mind would invest into anything without proper due diligence and projects that don't have any escrow agents. "A fool and his money are soon parted". Roll Eyes

Side note: Wrong section. Maybe trading discussion?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:56:28 PM

i put btc in 1 scam ico startum and not receive anything

what happens to these scam ico? do police do anything?

But what are you talking about?

I cant find anywhere such coin.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:09:53 PM

It is very clear that when the developer created this ICO and which wanted to be get scammed then do you think that he/she would give clear identification details of behind this ico, no they wont everything is setup with wrong information and you can do nothing but just forget the invested bitcoins and move forward in the life.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:05:03 AM

Nothing there are many things which makes a ico a scam first is when a ico already have a mindset of scamming people so they upload all fake names , identities and spend little on advertising.
Second is when the ico is fail they spent so much on their product but couldn't reach their goal and turned into a scam.
Btw ico is illegal and is not regulated in anyway so investing in them is always risky and police might not show much effort in catching the scammers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: