Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:07:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ELECTRONEUM SPECULATION THREAD  (Read 64062 times)
miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:09:16 PM

i did not read much about this project
but sometimes people say it "electroneum is a scam"
why is that? :/

If it is a scam project then why people are investing into Electroneum project, more 120.000 people who show a lot of interest towards the project. I think in coming the project has great potential because the value will slightly increase in the market because of mobile mining concept.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ganymed

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 04:12:28 PM

adding a 0.01 etn fee for each transaction means that even the dev team don't believe that electroneum value will go to the moon
those who are dreaming for a 100 usd/coin or even 10 usd /coin have to be more realistic because with those value the transfer fee will be so high !!

Adding a .01 ETN does nothing but protect the blockchain from spam. It was always planned, just now announced that the testing is over and they chose .01 ETN (1 eCent)

The tiny tiny fee goes to the miners anyway

but this means that the value of etn will never reach a high value like 100 usd / etn  (i know that will be a miracle !!). if the miracle happens the fee will be 1 usd for each transfer !!
what i want to say is that we have to stop dreaming about ETN and the possibilty to be a competitor for btc and eth
(sorry for my poor english)

Dont understand your math - fee will always be 1 eCent per transaction - also when etn will be at 100$ sometimes.
Thats only for one thing - bad people can cause heavy load to the network by permantly transfering ETN between wallets. With a fee this form of attack hopely will not happen.

Gany
Da2ja3

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:20:45 PM

I don't think there has never been this so much noise about any coin in its ICO stage. This is phenomenon. I just hope we don't get disappointed when it finally hit the exchange.
lolchina

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:04:06 PM

Can someone explain to me what is stoping a good coder to make a simulator for it and mine on pc?
treepixel

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:10:12 PM

Can someone explain to me what is stoping a good coder to make a simulator for it and mine on pc?
Mining will take place properly on the desktop version. The app doesn't use phone-cpu to  mine, but rather mines as a fixed rate. Although I don't think the phone will actually mine, but rather just return a few ETN so that it has the feel of mining. Then if people want to do it properly they can download the desktop version and start mining.

It's my understanding is that the app is a way to introduce people to the idea and make it more of a game.
mephyor

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 07:47:47 PM

Hi,

i googeld a lot of time and read many thread but i cant find an anwser - is DESKTOP Miningy only CPU or GPU also ?

thanks 4 help

Palai Projekt - Profil
ThomasVeil

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:55:11 PM

Hahaha, that is about the stupidest shit I've ever heard.
After raising $40 million "it just came to their attention" how the simplest basics cryptocurrencies work. LMAO
Good luck guys.
ArminH

Activity: 219
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:01:21 PM

ELECTRONEUM!!!!!!!!!

That's how I felt at first, I invested on the very first day of the ICO.

Now that things have settled, I am still positive but way more realistic.

The price will most likely drop below ICO levels after the initial dump, if you want to flip for a quick profit you better plan for your selling point in advance and have three back up ones and be ready to jump on it the moment it hits exchanges.

A couple months down the road is where I see ETN starting to shoot up.
Realistically, I think .05 to 1 cent is a fairly good price and if truly takes off 4 to 6 cents is an absolutely fantastic price.

but being worth a dollar or $10 like others are saying?
lol, no.

You first gut instinct was correct.

Dont forget that you invested on DAY ONE of the BIGGEST ICO in history in # of investors (120,000).

You did this back when there was only 3,000!!

Great job!!

Yes, most ICOs lose money at first, and MOST ALL projects dont ever make it anywhere at all!!

This is much different. Google Electroneum! Then in the days after this you will see why Electroneum is so big. The ads are ALL over the internet.
Thanks for your honest reply, you just convinced me never to invest.
Why don't people understand that dump after launch is absolutely necessary? You will miss many investors with comments like this.
Obviously you do not even understand investors behaviour. Dumping coins doesn't mean the coin loses money.
I always dump my ICO coins and buy back later. That's called Trading. Worked for all coins except 1. This coin later turned out to be scam.
As you just said rate will not dump, you lost many traders and investors.
Maybe you just said this to make early investors feel confident, as you didn't mention any arguments. I just want to tell you that this tactic doesn't work. You screw more people than you attract.

No arguments??

Read again!! Hah

English not your first language or what?

Ive been around since 2013, and your system cant possibly make you money. You are describing the very definition of WEAK HANDS.

Also, there are very few ICO you should invest in. I have invested in 4 since 2013. I go with what I see to be as close yo a sure thing as Im going to see. Those come along every year or two.

I had 3 winners and NEM, which I got for free.

NEM
Ethereum
Iota
Neos

Sure if you are some kind of day trader then we are just way different kinds of investors

Remember what Warren Buffet said of the stock market, which applies here in spades:

"The stock market is a device that tranfers money from the impatient to the patient"

Follow this and be much more selective in the projects in which you invest, and you will have a much better chance to make profits.

Is this guy really part of the team? Can't believe this.
Talking about language skills instead of stating reasonable arguments?
And yes it's not my mother tongue, it's only the 5th foreign language I learnt. So if you want, we can talk in French, Spanish, German or Chinese. But I guess 750 in gmat still is much more than you will ever reach.

But only for you, I read it again. There is no good reason rate won't dump after launch. Even much more promising coins, which were hyped even more, showed this dump after launch.

Yes I'm a day trader, like all professionals. HODLing is for fun traders and newbies. Ok this sounds arrogant, but you probably get what I mean. I make more money a day than HODLers make a month.
What Warren Buffett said was regarding panic sales and to be honest it's wrong anyway.
Well this seems to be a huge project, so you don't need my 10 BTC. Over and out!
ArminH

Activity: 219
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:03:43 PM

After raising $40 million "it just came to their attention" how the simplest basics cryptocurrencies work. LMAO
Good luck guys.
Good point, never thought about this. They should have realized much earlier.
moha83

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:25:42 PM

adding a 0.01 etn fee for each transaction means that even the dev team don't believe that electroneum value will go to the moon
those who are dreaming for a 100 usd/coin or even 10 usd /coin have to be more realistic because with those value the transfer fee will be so high !!

Adding a .01 ETN does nothing but protect the blockchain from spam. It was always planned, just now announced that the testing is over and they chose .01 ETN (1 eCent)

but this means that the value of etn will never reach a high value like 100 usd / etn  (i know that will be a miracle !!). if the miracle happens the fee will be 1 usd for each transfer !!
what i want to say is that we have to stop dreaming about ETN and the possibilty to be a competitor for btc and eth

Dont understand your math - fee will always be 1 eCent per transaction - also when etn will be at 100$ sometimes.
Thats only for one thing - bad people can cause heavy load to the network by permantly transfering ETN between wallets. With a fee this form of attack hopely will not happen.

Gany
here is my idea :
as the fee is 0.01 etn that means when etn value increase the fee will also increase.
the main idea of etn is making micro transaction, so if by miracle it hits 100 usd / etn and we need to make a purchase of an application or a game with 1 usd we will need to pay 2 usd (1 usd price + 1 usd as transaction fee).
i think that the fee should be a % from the transacted amount not proportional to etn value

thanks
Ganymed

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 10:53:31 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2017, 11:04:34 PM by Ganymed

but this means that the value of etn will never reach a high value like 100 usd / etn  (i know that will be a miracle !!). if the miracle happens the fee will be 1 usd for each transfer !!

Gany
here is my idea :
as the fee is 0.01 etn that means when etn value increase the fee will also increase.
the main idea of etn is making micro transaction, so if by miracle it hits 100 usd / etn and we need to make a purchase of an application or a game with 1 usd we will need to pay 2 usd (1 usd price + 1 usd as transaction fee).
i think that the fee should be a % from the transacted amount not proportional to etn value

thanks

Ok - now I understand.
But let us be realistic - a price of 1$ will fantastic and a price much more higher I think a little bit unrealistic. Because of this the fee will be no problem.
And if the price will go higher, then there will be a hard fork because ETN will not be usable anymore for small transactions.

Youre right - a fee based on percentage would be better. But I feel ok with a fixed fee because it will be much more cheaper than fees of for example of BTC.

Gany

Edit
Replaced microtransactions by small transactions
BlackWidow

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:54:53 PM

ELECTRONEUM!!!!!!!!!

That's how I felt at first, I invested on the very first day of the ICO.

Now that things have settled, I am still positive but way more realistic.

The price will most likely drop below ICO levels after the initial dump, if you want to flip for a quick profit you better plan for your selling point in advance and have three back up ones and be ready to jump on it the moment it hits exchanges.

A couple months down the road is where I see ETN starting to shoot up.
Realistically, I think .05 to 1 cent is a fairly good price and if truly takes off 4 to 6 cents is an absolutely fantastic price.

but being worth a dollar or $10 like others are saying?
lol, no.

You first gut instinct was correct.

Dont forget that you invested on DAY ONE of the BIGGEST ICO in history in # of investors (120,000).

You did this back when there was only 3,000!!

Great job!!

Yes, most ICOs lose money at first, and MOST ALL projects dont ever make it anywhere at all!!

This is much different. Google Electroneum! Then in the days after this you will see why Electroneum is so big. The ads are ALL over the internet.
Thanks for your honest reply, you just convinced me never to invest.
Why don't people understand that dump after launch is absolutely necessary? You will miss many investors with comments like this.
Obviously you do not even understand investors behaviour. Dumping coins doesn't mean the coin loses money.
I always dump my ICO coins and buy back later. That's called Trading. Worked for all coins except 1. This coin later turned out to be scam.
As you just said rate will not dump, you lost many traders and investors.
Maybe you just said this to make early investors feel confident, as you didn't mention any arguments. I just want to tell you that this tactic doesn't work. You screw more people than you attract.

No arguments??

Read again!! Hah

English not your first language or what?

Ive been around since 2013, and your system cant possibly make you money. You are describing the very definition of WEAK HANDS.

Also, there are very few ICO you should invest in. I have invested in 4 since 2013. I go with what I see to be as close yo a sure thing as Im going to see. Those come along every year or two.

I had 3 winners and NEM, which I got for free.

NEM
Ethereum
Iota
Neos

Sure if you are some kind of day trader then we are just way different kinds of investors

Remember what Warren Buffet said of the stock market, which applies here in spades:

"The stock market is a device that tranfers money from the impatient to the patient"

Follow this and be much more selective in the projects in which you invest, and you will have a much better chance to make profits.

Is this guy really part of the team? Can't believe this.
Talking about language skills instead of stating reasonable arguments?
And yes it's not my mother tongue, it's only the 5th foreign language I learnt. So if you want, we can talk in French, Spanish, German or Chinese. But I guess 750 in gmat still is much more than you will ever reach.

But only for you, I read it again. There is no good reason rate won't dump after launch. Even much more promising coins, which were hyped even more, showed this dump after launch.

Yes I'm a day trader, like all professionals. HODLing is for fun traders and newbies. Ok this sounds arrogant, but you probably get what I mean. I make more money a day than HODLers make a month.
What Warren Buffett said was regarding panic sales and to be honest it's wrong anyway.
Well this seems to be a huge project, so you don't need my 10 BTC. Over and out!

1. I am NOT part of the Dev team

2. I highly doubt you have 10 BTC when you have no plan

3. Dont pretend to be an investor when you are a TROLL
BlackWidow

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:59:36 PM

Good luck guys.

For the 3rd time guys.

They are just explaining to the people that are new to cryptocurrency why a fee is needed.

ETN is targeting people from outside crypto, so it is already working.

Dont take the Devs words and pull meaning out of them that is not there.

If you really think that Richard didnt understand the concept of spamming the blockchain until now, sorry I just dont know what to tell you, BECAUSE THAT IS BASIC, AND OF COURSE HE KNEW THAT.

FUD HARDER. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING BETTER THAN THAT WEAK ASS SHIT
BlackWidow

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:01:52 PM

Gany
here is my idea :

thanks

Iota is for micro-tranactions.

Wrong thread.

Electroneum is for regular transactions between humans, focusing on game and gaming markets mostly.
BlackWidow

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:05:42 PM

Hi,

i googeld a lot of time and read many thread but i cant find an anwser - is DESKTOP Miningy only CPU or GPU also ?

thanks 4 help

CPU

GPU may work using GPU miners designed for Monero, but maybe not.

No one will know until the bkockchain goes live. The devs are not going to encourage GPU mining, but Im sure if the GPU miners for Monero dont work, people will create a GPU miner that does work soon.

miningguru

Activity: 1134

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:28:16 AM

I don't think there has never been this so much noise about any coin in its ICO stage. This is phenomenon. I just hope we don't get disappointed when it finally hit the exchange.

I see many other coins make a lot of noise but the things here is more people attract the concept of Electroneum, now a days many people are spending a lot of for money but as now everything is the dilemma because Mobile mining is only for Electroneum or we can mine the other altcoins.
bgdmxd

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Veritas Mining - Sustainable Crypto Mining

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:51:34 AM

Hi,

thanks 4 help

I remember reading somewhere in the ANN thread that it will be GPU mine-able, but with limited advantages over CPU.

boyrocky

Activity: 212
Merit: 10

“The Internet of Sovereignty”

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:19:58 AM

the zero cost transaction was the stupidest thing ever. although i myself invested in the ICO  Grin

contraband (OP)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:37:14 AM

I see many other coins make a lot of noise but the things here is more people attract the concept of Electroneum, now a days many people are spending a lot of for money but as now everything is the dilemma because Mobile mining is only for Electroneum or we can mine the other altcoins.

Only Electroneum
ThomasVeil

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:24:59 AM

Good luck guys.

For the 3rd time guys.

They are just explaining to the people that are new to cryptocurrency why a fee is needed.

Are you lying? Or did you not read it? Read it again then. They are clearly explaining that they just noticed - and that it's a change they didn't predict - and are "sorry" for.  
Plus the system is setup so stupid, that (as others here have pointed out already), with a high price the fees will be prohibitive.
Clearly they didn't think any of this through.  

If you really think that Richard didnt understand the concept of spamming the blockchain until now, sorry I just dont know what to tell you, BECAUSE THAT IS BASIC, AND OF COURSE HE KNEW THAT.

FUD HARDER.

What he wrote is clear. He figured this out "during stress testing". If their own writing is FUD now, then I guess people should start to worry.  
Stop scamming people! I'm just giving a fair warning to those crypto newcomers you're clearly targeting. They might not instantly realize how stupid the dev is (even with the solution).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: