Bitcoin Forum
December 15, 2017, 11:14:20 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much is your electricity bill?  (Read 2606 times)
muchotaco

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:51:13 AM

Electric bill is around $350/month with no miners.. But with solar it drops it down a lot.

I have one GPU mining rig at the moment but want to convert to ASIC miners to avoid moving my bill higher.  About $0.26/usd kWh   So expensive.. California usa

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuintLeo

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:42:32 AM

My last electric bill was a little over $500 (US) - but that's several rigs, some ASIC some GPU, some misc small stuff like the electric water heat and microwave and my "Gaming" computers, 2 fairly large Evap coolers and a mid-large window A/C for the "gaming" room, I think the total will be getting close to 20kw average draw by the end of this month.

How many bitcoins are you mining a day?

None, all altcoins.

A fairly large chunk is earning Gridcoin via BOINC/Moo Wrapper/Distributed.net RC5-72 work on AMD GPUs and the iGPUs on my A10s with many of the CPU cores currently working the Yoyo project.
 A larger chunk on NVidia GPUs is currently mining ZEC (but that is subject to change as profitability shifts).
 A chunk is for my A2 Scrypt ASIC farm.

CoalCoin

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:44:04 AM

1kwh =0.04$ in my country  Grin
razzbee

Activity: 112

Transcodium - The Future of Transcoding

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 12:46:29 PM

god 0.11$ is alot i cant continue mining...

Yea expensive ..
HarryJackson

Activity: 301

Hi! I Sell .Edu Emails Login with Gmail & Outlook

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:17:37 PM

$140/months , our electric cost $0.11 per kwh
I have 2 mining rigs with specification
2 x rx470 saphire 470 nitro oc 8gb, 3 asus strix rx480 4gb, 1 xfx rx480 4gb,

zotac 980ti amp 6gb, 1 x DA 980ti jetstream 6gb, 3 x Galax GTX 1060 OC dualfan

How many watt for 2 rig? You using 6 gpu for 1 rig right?

Hi! I Sell .Edu Emails Login with Gmail and Outlook and also Digital Ocean Coupon $50

Stock : .Edu Email Login via Gmail, Outlook and Digital Ocean Coupon $50 Always Available.

Today, Discount Price : $5 for One .Edu Email with Gmail. It works Unlimited Google Drive.

Grab It Fast Now Guys, Hurry...! Don't Miss It...!!!

Check my other thread :

1). https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1736177.0  --> .Edu Email Works Google Drive

2). https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1699111.0  --> .Edu Email Login via Outlook

3). https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1699121     --> Digital Ocean Coupon $50

Hit me a pm or ADD ME ON SKYPE :   live:harrypotterjackson89  if you want to buy  Smiley
It's easy to communicate  Wink

I Always ONLINE Everyday On SKYPE.  Smiley
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:29:44 PM

Ukraine, 3x1200kWh, so it's about 6,5 USD per day. 1kwh =0.07 usd

For which mining equipment?
I also have the same cost here at my place where I live. If the mining really gives some profits with an expense of ~$200 a month, I would like to give it a try. Can you please show some calculations as well as possible earnings during a month? As well, how much will be the hashes?

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  .SUBSCRIBE NOW!!!. 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
GunsLair

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:27:47 PM

1 Kw- 0.065 usd  Ukraine
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1008

DIMPAY: Invest for Tomorrow. Today.

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:34:21 PM

Just wondering how much the average electricity cost is for running a miner. I currently live in an apartment complex that provides unlimited utility use for a flat rate. I'd love to set up mining, so I'd like to get an idea of how much I would be saving by running it in this complex
You are lucky enough to get easy access to electrical energy because not all miners can easily get it like you. Currently I spend about 500USD every month, I do not have much hardware so the cost of electrical energy that I spend is not much. You should be able to take advantage of the best facilities you get and try your best to get the most out of the hardware you have. Combine the mining of Bitcoin and altcoin, because we can not be sure that 1 coin is the best.

maarx

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:25:13 PM

Just wondering how much the average electricity cost is for running a miner. I currently live in an apartment complex that provides unlimited utility use for a flat rate. I'd love to set up mining, so I'd like to get an idea of how much I would be saving by running it in this complex
I am sure minimum you can earn upto $200 plus every day even when you electricity bill is charged bit more than the flat rate given in your apartment. Please make use of the facility if you have enough money to invest in mining. I hope you have enough equipments needed along with electricity. Mining gives a lot return compared to other source.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

alfs75

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:57:28 PM

I've planned to invest mining now as like all my friends doing,but when i ask them about the electicity bill,they always said that they pay mostly a huge bill in our country consist of 6000 pesos in our  currency bill not including  the bill of internet,and they set-up a high end computer to maintain the stability.

Code:
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ BRING YOUR MONEY TO LIFE ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ STACK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
●● TelegramTwitterFacebookDiscord ●●
Mister1k

Activity: 512

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:40:26 PM

I've planned to invest mining now as like all my friends doing,but when i ask them about the electicity bill,they always said that they pay mostly a huge bill in our country consist of 6000 pesos in our  currency bill not including  the bill of internet,and they set-up a high end computer to maintain the stability.

Yes obviously you will huge bill when comparing all your neighbourhood homes. Please do invest your amount in ethereum or other altcoins mining. Now altcoins mining comparatively profitable than bitcoin mining since btc have strong competition in the market.
If you are continous power supply means itself you will get the stable mining with the hash rate provided by the asic miner or graphic cards.

GregorWar

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:30:49 PM

I'm paying 180$/month...for 2 rigs...combined 9GPUs...the electricity is very expencive in my country...

apps4rent

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:15:38 PM

One of the way to avoid electricity bill is to use cloud based machines for mining. Apps4rent does provide machines which can used for both CPU and GPU mining.
In fact, in GPU section, you can also do CUDA core mining which is more powerful, powered with NVIDIA Pascal architecture.
eoscfb

Activity: 38

eos !

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:51:15 AM

our electricity costs $ 0.06 per kWh
i have 20 6-card 1060gtx mining eth, each consumes 10 kWh per day,10800kWh per month,
so the electric bill is around $648/month

A.Delaney

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:02:02 AM

My electricity is 0.057/kWh USD in Illinois. My first mining rig just arrived today. An S7. My wife pays the electric bill so I’ll find out soon enough when she opens the bill. Lol
yohan09

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:45:02 AM

Well our electric bill per month in our country, cost about 20$-25$ depends upon its usage, Comprises of two sets of television, 1 washing machine, 1 unit of personal computer, 1 refrigerator 1 ACU  and the rest are the lights.

pluMmet

Activity: 277

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:00:45 AM

In the province of Québec (Canada), electricity price is USD$ 0.047 / kWh for the first 33 kWh accumulated in a month and then it's USD$ 0.073 / kWh if more than 33 kWh total.

33 KWH.

Ouch.

That's not even one DAY for my farm - more like 2 hours and change.

Canada does have a fairly high cost of electricity, at a cost of $ 0.047 / kwh it is quite expensive boa for mining. And I think I have to do a bit of cheating to get a profit there

center]
▄█████
▄█████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀       ▀██████████████
██████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀███████████
██████████    █████████    ██████████
█████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     █████████
████████     ███▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███████
███████      █████████      ███████
███████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀███     ████████
█████████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███    █████████
██████████    ████████    ██████████
███████████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████████
██████████████▄       ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████▀
█████▀

.The Issuance of Tokenized Equity.
▬▬▬ ●  Twitter  Facebook  |  Telegram  ● ▬▬▬

[/center]
carlisle1

Activity: 616

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:34:49 AM

$140/months , our electric cost $0.11 per kwh
I have 2 mining rigs with specification
2 x rx470 saphire 470 nitro oc 8gb, 3 asus strix rx480 4gb, 1 xfx rx480 4gb,

zotac 980ti amp 6gb, 1 x DA 980ti jetstream 6gb, 3 x Galax GTX 1060 OC dualfan

How much a month do you think you make based off BTC or USD with that set up?
i can get about $430 - $450 /month exclude electric cost. in indonesian have expensive cost of electricity so we just can get ROI 7 - 8 month
450 dollars a month excluded the electricity bill?not bad for you mate,that anount is enough for a family here in my country to live a normal life,i think if i can provide 4 mining rigs will make my family live in much better,and i can bring my children in best schools.

contecsion

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:39:25 AM

I usually spend 10% of the income from miners for electricity. Before starting mine, I will research and select the good and suitable machine, then I choose where the power is cheap, next I choose where the temperature is appropriate to put the excavator. This helps reduce power and increase my income.

Website | Whitepaper
■   ■   ■   ■   ▄   ▀   ▄     ICO ▲ Nov 18th, 2017     ▄   ▀   ▄   ■   ■   ■   ■
ANN Thread      ◆      Twitter      ◆      Telegram
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.