Print  
Author Topic: Math  (Read 269 times)
Avocado777 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:06:43 PM

lets do some math:

total tokens: 150M (~$100,000,000 - which is fucking laughable for an ICO.  you should be raising 1/10th of this)
total ICO: 103.5M
total presale: 5.2M ($1.5m)
current ICO, after 5.5 days: 3.4M ($2.0m)

current MKT cap: $3.5M
current tokens: 8.6M

current token value: $3.5/8.6 = $0.40 ea.

presale token cost: $1.5/5.2 = $0.288 ea.
current ICO token cost: $2.0/3.4 = $0.588 ea.
final ICO token cost: ~$100/150 = $0.67

do you see why nobody is investing?  you have aimed too high.  you will not raise $100m.  burn 50% of your tokens immediately (including those held for yourselves)

Thank you for the calculations. I also invested, but am worried a bit because of the numbers. I'd like to add a bit to the math:

Only the unsold coins meant for the ICO will be burned, none of those meant for the team or the bounty programm! This means there will be 22.5M tokens for the team, 19M tokens for the bounty programm, and only 8.5M held due to pre-sale and ICO (gives you a total of 50M). If ICO doesn't raise significantly more, which it only will if some changes are made, these are the numbers. Sure, the individual percentage of tokens held rises, but the percentage for all buyers is lowered.

So, current token value: $3.5M/50M  = $0.07 ea.
 final token value (if al tokens were sold): $50M/150M = $ 0.33 ea.
During ICO one has to pay almost ten fold.

Other ICOs (real estate type too) calculate the team share as a percentage of the sold tokens. As mfgex correctly statet, you'll have to burn the same percentage of team tokens, ICO tokens and bounty tokens in order for sale contributors not having to pay everything but only be getting 20% of the tokens, not 69% as you state on the website. That number is only true if all 100M were sold. Other ICOs fix the percentage held by buyers at at least 50%. Sorry, team and bounty people, but I'm sure you'll see the injustice towards investors, if only they lose token percentage.

Unfortunately this way the ICO is mathematically simply unattractive. One can expect the token value to drop by a factor of ten once the tokens are on the exchange and basically feel how ones investment is simply drained towards the team members.

I'm new to the forum and hope not to be judged solely because of that. Only sharing my thoughts in a civil manner. Hope the project still makes it, despite an unfair situation for ICO investors.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: