Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:55:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My theory about Waves  (Read 3591 times)
Chiraag001

Activity: 264
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:49:34 PM

I don't agree. But I may agree that they hold it in lower levels indirectly. Why? Waves is so much popular in forums but nothing on public. Even some ICOs do better PR than Waves. So they are waiting for big move, doesn't really pay much effort for ads in current situation.

Waves' PR is really awful and weak. I just can't understand why team doesn't sell small amount of their waves reserves to promote the platform and DEX. This is just crazy. We're investing in waves, we see it in the first 20 coin on the marketcap web site and no advertisement here.

Waves can fly high if they conduct campaigns.

Maybe they want a finished, great product first.
If that is the case then it is a very, very smart move.
Dont show people 2nd best.
How do you make yourself up on a first date?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
muenze

Activity: 224
Merit: 157

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:59:52 PM

Its the american CIA that does not want russia to have the biggest currency in the planet with waves. Once Trump and Putin make real peace and finally end cold war once and for all ,one waves will be worth $5000 and i will be a millionaire

/dream

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0
Bruce Wayne

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:00:23 PM

Hey guys -

Wanted to chime in on Waves.  Ive been holding for quite awhile and have been able to talk to some of the people involved there.

Its 3 fold.

1.  They Waves team is NOT focused on PR.  THey did not have a big PR budget from the get go and have chosen to spend their time on developments. 

2. Cultural differences.  We cannot think in terms of Westerns mindsets.  Russia is much more focus focus focus, work work work.  Here is my product.  I am proud.  North Americans are used to the hype of something.  Just look at the difference in how much American companies spend on PR vs Russians. 

3. Slow and steady wins the race.  I am 100% certain that after the DEX, we are going to see a price move of $7-8 in a month.  The devs are not holding the price down, but they do have contractual obligations that do not allow then to dump coins, like 80% of these guys.

My price prediction for WAVES is slow and steady.  Jan 2018 $7-10,  Then we will see NEO growth.  The roadmap is heavily geared towards Q2 2018 and onwards

Join My Newsletter (Free) By Shooting Me A Message On Here With Your Email Address. 1st Newsletter Goes Out in December! Happy Trading.
cryptocan

Activity: 122

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:00:37 AM

its simply because wave team is not paying enough attention to the pr and marketing, it will pick up eventually!
NJB18

Activity: 663
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:43:36 AM

It is sad somehow that Waves is seriously affected by news and other steps of governments along the way of its rise. It is not gaining much traction in the past several days for waves. I hope it gets back to its feet once again and move upward straight.
hackworth

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:50:51 AM

That is quite a bold claim. Do you have any hard evidence for devs keeping the price down?

How would devs keep the price down to begin with?
ngm- (OP)

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:11:25 AM

That is quite a bold claim. Do you have any hard evidence for devs keeping the price down?

How would devs keep the price down to begin with?

Firstly it's not a claim but a theory.

If you want to keep the price low, you can do it like whales. Putting very high selling wales at 0.0011 and buy back around 0.0010. If the volume is not to big you can easily keep the price between 10 and 11.
LiGuBi

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 09:39:27 AM

Here is my thought :

Devs are keeping the price low. Why ? Because they are waiting for the new DEX to come. If they let the price go at that time, it will create a lot of volume and attract a lot of new customers on the Wave Lite (and so the new DEX).

There development goes in that sens : New website, super clear, easy to understand and to download the Waves Lite -> NG, can drive a lot of volume even if it's not needed right now -> DEX, if the theory is right, big increase in term of transaction, just after the NG.

Nice thinking there. I think you could be very right on this one.
TheKubizz

Activity: 112

bros over blockfolios

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:42:53 AM

Waves are clearly top 3 coin in future and I agree, price is being manipulated hard. But the time will come...that kind of a project is to huge to not be noticed.
I agree with that, but - that's make me nervous that price is still being manipulated (after good few months of rumors about WAVES). If they are able to manipulate now, what will keep them from manipulating when we reach 100$?
ngm- (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:47:45 AM

Waves are clearly top 3 coin in future and I agree, price is being manipulated hard. But the time will come...that kind of a project is to huge to not be noticed.
I agree with that, but - that's make me nervous that price is still being manipulated (after good few months of rumors about WAVES). If they are able to manipulate now, what will keep them from manipulating when we reach 100$?

If we reach 100$ they can do whatever they want ^^
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:34:15 PM

I don't think the price is artificially kept low. But I do agree that the DEX is the culprit. The current DEX is complete and utter shit and completely useless for any serious traders.

If Waves ever gets a serious DEX that can appeal to masses of traders and investors it will start gaining traction. At that point we'll see the price of Waves increase because they will be needed to trade on the platform, which would then have a larger volume of transactions. Furthermore, due to increased activity the mining revenues will increase substantially. This will have two effects, on one side it will increase the amount of Waves sold as it will be a form of "dividend" for miners. On the other hand, people will re-lease the mined fees to get even more fees. Overall, the price should be going up though.

However, this depends massively on the quality and speed of the DEX.

Another point that would greatly help Waves would be a better GUI for the platform. One that would make it stupidly easy to create tokens and to actually use them for voting and other contracts. What is currently missing (in crypto in general), are smart contracts that a donkey could program. Waves has a unique starting point for this due to the fact that it already uses a "platform" of its own. Whether or not they will successfully leverage it is an open question though.
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:49:05 PM

It was not manipulated maybe their price in the market was increasing due to good flow of waves in altcoins society. However, I believe to the potential of waves in the market whatever reasons of increasing their value I can accept it.
shafi alam

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:35:53 PM

as you can see from August dumping time at now price was flat. other currency did so much volatile.  i think any time waves can go to moon.
anahata

Activity: 523
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:39:26 PM

I don't think the price is artificially kept low. But I do agree that the DEX is the culprit. The current DEX is complete and utter shit and completely useless for any serious traders.

If Waves ever gets a serious DEX that can appeal to masses of traders and investors it will start gaining traction. At that point we'll see the price of Waves increase because they will be needed to trade on the platform, which would then have a larger volume of transactions. Furthermore, due to increased activity the mining revenues will increase substantially. This will have two effects, on one side it will increase the amount of Waves sold as it will be a form of "dividend" for miners. On the other hand, people will re-lease the mined fees to get even more fees. Overall, the price should be going up though.

Another point that would greatly help Waves would be a better GUI for the platform. One that would make it stupidly easy to create tokens and to actually use them for voting and other contracts. What is currently missing (in crypto in general), are smart contracts that a donkey could program. Waves has a unique starting point for this due to the fact that it already uses a "platform" of its own. Whether or not they will successfully leverage it is an open question though.

I feel the same. DEX needs improvement, certainly the charts, and when you're orders are executed, it doesn't show up immediately. It's more like etherdelta and need to be something like trex, functionality wise. Once that happens, we can see waves easily going above $10. Just look at Binance before the crash.
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 03:25:52 PM

I feel the same. DEX needs improvement, certainly the charts, and when you're orders are executed, it doesn't show up immediately. It's more like etherdelta and need to be something like trex, functionality wise. Once that happens, we can see waves easily going above $10. Just look at Binance before the crash.
If Waves gets a very strong DEX $10 would be quite low with the current enthusiasm in crypto I believe. Waves has been hovering around $5 for quite a while now after all.
ngm- (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:02:20 PM

Last news, there will be a Q&A session with the CMO of Waves on the 18 of September, 17.00 UTC.

We will probably have a lot of new information at that time, now at 0.00098 I really believe it's the best time to enter (or consolidate, which is what I did, at 0.00105..).
hackworth

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:18:53 PM

or consolidate

Sorry, kinda new to this. What do you mean by "consolidate" in this context?
muenze

Activity: 224
Merit: 157

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:24:38 AM

Any guesses when Waves will explode? Smiley

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0
ngm- (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:30:34 AM

or consolidate

Buy moar ^^
lokinator

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:47:59 PM

or consolidate

Buy moar ^^

I think the OP's theory on Waves is a little over the top and conspiracy theory'ish ... But either way.

I'm crazy mad at myself for not picking up more yesterday when the price dropped below $3. It's already back above $4 today.

Oh well --  maybe next time they drop (if that happens) I will scoop some more up.

Waves is a long term HODL coin for sure!

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: