Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:29:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to take keep your BTCs 100% safe?  (Read 1214 times)
webmastax

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:08:45 PM

You should just keep your private keys safe. Be aware of phishing links. As long as you are the only owner of your private keys you are the only owner of our coins.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:10:43 PM

The most secure wallets are those that do not have Internet access, virus / Trojan-free.

Upon entering the site, we will immediately generate our unique bitcoin address with a QR code and our private key based on which we can recreate our bitcoin address if it is lost.

If we lose our bitcoin address we go to the "Wallet Details" tab and enter our private key.

If you want more addresses, go to the "Paper Wallet" tab, set the number of addresses, generate and print.
Such addresses and private keys can also be saved on encrypted data media or always with you holding, for example, a photo on the phone (avoid keeping private key which is secret).
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:13:41 PM

First of all there is no such thing as 100% safety, certain risk will always be present but you can try to minimze it as much as you can. That means that you should avoid web wallets which are to my opinion the most vulnerable and another thing good to avoid is keep the coins on exchangers, except the amount you want to trade. And never reveal your private keys to anyone.

malaj
gulshan1

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 06:00:24 PM

Yes we can keep safe bitcoin 100%. First download bitcoin Wallet. then this find recover all block from since bitcoin is running till today after the update all block encrypt wallet and make a solid password. After that create backup file and it to secure place. Remember this password and backup file is you asset. Now you can transfer your bitcoin here in this wallet and your bitcoin is always at your pc.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Lmaooo

Activity: 694
Merit: 108

santacoin.io

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:10:27 PM

The best way to save your bitcoin safe is to use offline wallet e.g. Trezor or Ledger nano wallet. With offline wallet you can save your private keys safe.

Ejanend

Activity: 460
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:45:18 PM

The most secure wallets are those that do not have Internet access, virus / Trojan-free.

Upon entering the site, we will immediately generate our unique bitcoin address with a QR code and our private key based on which we can recreate our bitcoin address if it is lost.

If we lose our bitcoin address we go to the "Wallet Details" tab and enter our private key.

If you want more addresses, go to the "Paper Wallet" tab, set the number of addresses, generate and print.
Such addresses and private keys can also be saved on encrypted data media or always with you holding, for example, a photo on the phone (avoid keeping private key which is secret).
Whenever I suggest my friends to use bitcoin at the first they ask me about the security of the bitcoin then the talk about the process to use it so I mean to say keeping bitcoin save is the most important thing. A lot of hardware wallets are available as a lot of people are using the block chain and the online wallet for this purpose as one of my friend is using ledger Nano 5 and some other so try to use any online wallet it will help you.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:28:01 PM

You should just keep your private keys safe. Be aware of phishing links. As long as you are the only owner of your private keys you are the only owner of our coins.
You are right, If we just keep our private keys safe we will be safe from hacking. I mean by safe that's mean your private keys will should be in your mind or in a paper in your home,  Try to don't save your private keys in your PCs because it can be hacked and the hacker can access to your keys and steal all your funds, So we should always be careful.

dead_m92

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:32:32 PM

I think that the best way to keep our bitcoins safe is by having them on an offline wallet. I dont have one, but most part of my bitcoins is stored on Blockchain.info wallet, and all my tokens are stored in MyEtherWallet, i think this is the most safest way to protect our coins from any hack.
The only way to be hacked is by sharing our private key, so if that happens, it would be our fault.

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

harmunian

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:23:16 PM

1st :Be careful with online services.
You should be wary of any service designed to store your money online. Many exchanges and online wallets suffered from security breaches in the past and such services generally still do not provide enough insurance and security to be used to store money like a bank. Accordingly, you might want to use other types of Bitcoin wallets. Otherwise, you should choose such services very carefully. Additionally, using two-factor authentication is recommended.

2nd:Small amounts for everyday uses.
A Bitcoin wallet is like a wallet with cash. If you wouldn't keep a thousand dollars in your pocket, you might want to have the same consideration for your Bitcoin wallet. In general, it is a good practice to keep only small amounts of bitcoins on your computer, mobile, or server for everyday uses and to keep the remaining part of your funds in a safer environment.

3rd:Backup your wallet.
Stored in a safe place, a backup of your wallet can protect you against computer failures and many human mistakes. It can also allow you to recover your wallet after your mobile or computer was stolen if you keep your wallet encrypted.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:36:28 PM

Online wallets are never safe especially when they're on exchanges. The best is hardware wallets or paper wallets but they're also not 100% secure. Better is to use an old Android device, configure it once, get all the back ups and use it as a cold storage.

I never use online wallets since they're not even 1% safe, one exploit, and all of your funds can be gone. I use trezor, plus metal phrase keeper plus a swiss locker for the metal phrase keeper.
Does the metal phrase keeper worths it's price? If you engrave/scratch it into a piece of metal label (like dog-tag for the millitary troops), it also can hold your seed safe, and also fireproof (waterproof, shockproof, etc Smiley
 ) You also won't need the swiss locker if you change the order at least two words in the seed, just remember the original order...
darewaller

Activity: 2814
Merit: 634

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:53:20 AM

I have two accounts on Blockchain.info. I'd like step by step instructions preferably to how I can keep my current + future coins 100% safe from hacks, forgetting password, authorities shutting down the wallet etc. Seems like authorities can shut down any site they like (recent example btc-e). If I back up my private keys or something like that, maybe then I'll never lose the coins even if I forget Blockchain.info password or if it gets hacked or shut down etc. Right?  I'm not sure how it's all done. Please advise.
Yes you are 100 percent right. One should have more than one account. The most fear thing is that not only hackers but the site owners also shut it down or Bloch their site without any reason. So having two or three different account on different sites and keep not all the bitcoin in one wallet but in all the wallets you has then you will be safe not 100 percent but enough. No one can give you the tips of 100 percent bitcoin security.

Preferably after hearing so much hacking and closing of some web wallets many will surely take an interest with your bitcoin there is no such 100% secure wallets when it comes to web wallets if you want a secure one you can surely get a cold storage that is surely the most secure part to keep your bitcoin but OP is saying about the private keys or password that he can forget then don't use bitcoin and just convert all of your bitcoin to fiat, because you need a multiple account so you can not lose all of your earn bitcoin, maybe a portion of it but not all. but hey it is a coincidence that you can surely lost your bitcoin.
If your Bitcoin is stored in a web hosted wallet that allows users to register an account, then I don’t think “forgetting password” will be an issue to worry about, because you can always retrieve it with your email. For hack, I would say you should make use of different addresses in receiving payments, activate 2 factor authentication, and also use a password that’s difficult for someone to come up with. These doesn’t guarantee 100% safety, but they can help in some ways.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: