Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:21:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why don’t you change your company location to another country?  (Read 1993 times)
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:32:58 PM

Yes. But it not so easy to move to another country. You need to prepare at least couple of month.
And some people have families, just imagine what you need to do to move with family!

But in near future, in my opinion, when some countries will be open to crytpocurrency, there will be companies that will start open ICO exactly at this countries. Just need time.

its more than just the logistics of relocation, like new schools and a new house. more importantly, since you are starting a business, you most likely will have to be an established citizen to incorporate in that locale. true citizenship (not counting visas) usually take at least 6 months, if not a few years, to achieve. thats just getting started. you still have to ho through the local red tape, and get your business up and running. pray there isnt any language barrier in the place you just relocated to; it will bog down your operational efficiency until you learn enough to conduct proper business. absolutely trust me on this last point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:31:13 AM

That would be a good idea if its cheaper or easier to move as I can just wake up one day, pack my bags and move to Europe or America to live? No, thats now how it works if you dont want to be a fugitive for the rest of your life, there are rules and regulations that guides mobility from one country to the other except the EU which entrance into one country or citizen of one country, grants you access to another but that will be a mistake because their policies will be similar. In that whatever push you out from one will do same in other of the countries.

To be domiciled in a country other than yours, will require several documentations to file with and as a foreigner, its even tougher with various regulations with the embassy, customs, immigration and the likes.

However, the other option out is to just get a trust worthy partner who will then open the company in a more conducive environment and returns will be forwarded in due time or an arrangement is made where the citizen of the intended country then form a company but employ the other foreigner as an expatriate with that, working permit can be sought accordingly.

This is not about settling down permanently in another country, it's about starting a business. In Delaware, Hungary and plenty other places, you can start a business, register a company without being a resident.

its more than just the logistics of relocation, like new schools and a new house. more importantly, since you are starting a business, you most likely will have to be an established citizen to incorporate in that locale. true citizenship (not counting visas) usually take at least 6 months, if not a few years, to achieve. thats just getting started. you still have to ho through the local red tape, and get your business up and running. pray there isnt any language barrier in the place you just relocated to; it will bog down your operational efficiency until you learn enough to conduct proper business. absolutely trust me on this last point.

In Delaware, Belize, in the Seychelles or British Virgin islands, you can set up a company the same day you set up foot there.
No need to go to any embassy, nor to apply for citizenship.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:12:05 PM

To move the business to another country is very difficult. We need to have a place of residence but also a thorough understanding of the laws of this country. Something that brings income in one country may be completely unprofitable in another country. Need to know the mentality of the citizens. And it's not all problems.
californiaquail

Activity: 270
Merit: 130

DeLouvois.com Bitcoin Luxury Marketplace Est. 2016

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 01:16:37 PM

Stripe ( payment solution ) recently started the "Atlas" program for startups.

For a flat fee ( around $500 last time i asked them ) they will set up a company in Delaware for you.
If you need more, they have all the contacts you need ( legal, accounting etc. ).

https://stripe.com/atlas

You should really check out their video presentation, it's about a young girl from Egypt starting a clothing business in Delaware  without actually leaving home.
 https://youtu.be/1WxV-ellcKk

Right now they're only providing US / Delaware companies but they said they would extend their program to quite a few more countries over the next years, definitely something to follow.

If you're an EU resident, it's pretty fast ( few hours at best ) and cheap ( to set up a company in England (although it might get trickier since the Brexit etc... )   without leaving home thanks to companies like these https://www.rapidformations.co.uk/compare-packages/ with "Non-Resident package starting at 180$.

Ireland ( where all the big tech companies have their European HQ ) is quite popular too since the Brexti thing, however setting up a company over there is more expensive and complex so you might need a lawyer for this one.

I believe Estonia offers digital citizenship and easy company formations.

Anyways, just don't get fooled by these "Offshore company" ads popping up everywhere, 99% of the time they will trick you into paying 5000$ for a 500$ service. Always look TrustPilot reviews before making a final choice.

PS :  In Europe and in most parts of the world ( at least in France )  owning or forming a offshore company company without actually living there is perfectly legal, as long as you pay taxes as an individual and a citizen of your country of residence.

------

In some cases, paying almost 0% taxes is technically possible. : if you decided for instance, to move to Cyprus and become a Cypriot resident, while collecting money from a company you formed in Hong Kong, which is quite a popular cocktail.

But IMO, that's borderline greed and it requires to relocate, and to somehow say f*** off to you home country, since you won't be a contributing citizen anymore.

Personally, i would not go that far as to relocate both me and my company abroad, i love my nation and i'm fine contributing my fair share and living there.

However, if the state were to enforce laws or regulations that were to violate or diminish my rights and freedoms as an entrepreneur for political reasons ( making BTC illegal, cracking down on exchanges to please the Banks, etc. ) i would not hesitate a single second to leave.

Zimbabwecoin

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 03:58:35 AM

I have set up companies in several different countries. However, a bank account in say Belize is not very useful. I had one there that was shut down - at least they wired me the money I had there before shutting down. A bank account in cyprus is not useful - mine there is frozen along with 2000 others who had accounts at FBME and I can't touch one cent of the $ there. A bank account in the Cayman islands is not very useful - not if you want to have a merchant account. A Hong Kong bank account is great - if you are not a US citizen. So for me the only accounts that I can do business with are ones based in the United States.

Planning to launch Zimbabwecoin in the future. Focused on building a community around it now.
Dudy (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:34:47 PM

In most countries starting a company is not that easy, lots of paperwork and ownership rules that prevent foreigners to own local companies.

In the countries where starting a company is easy, you can expect a lot of scrutiny for some activities, especially anything resembling money laundering.

you are right especially on that part of money laundering and this days people fear about it
but also some countries support bitcoin trading and is better to be taxed instate of ban it but still working underground
Dudy (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:29:36 AM

Every day we see few companies shutting down for legal reason!!
Because they mixing bitcoins or selling/ buying   it because the government change or issued new regulation
But is here any owner of any company he/she close his company because of the reason above
If yes
Why don’t you move your company to another country officially and you can still run your business in your country
Maybe I am wrong but it was just am idea

People should research their local regulations before starting a business in that specific area.

If there are issues with the business plan or because using cryptocurrencies than best to start the company elsewhere in the first place to avoid losing money or shut down completely.

of course people will make research first on their country  and government will not pay any attention on the beginning but after time they will start issuing regulation till the reach that place and tell you just stop doing this from tomorrow morning
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:09:15 AM

Because they mixing bitcoins or selling/ buying   it because the government change or issued new regulation
But is here any owner of any company he/she close his company because of the reason above
If yes
Why don’t you move your company to another country officially and you can still run your business in your country

People should research their local regulations before starting a business in that specific area.

If there are issues with the business plan or because using cryptocurrencies than best to start the company elsewhere in the first place to avoid losing money or shut down completely.
You forget that many governments are changing the rules during the game. You can build your business in the country and then to the law which restricts this type of activity. Probably OP meant this scenario. In my country that often and to survive in such conditions allows corruption. If it is to win the whole business in my country will stop. A strange situation, right?
MMostaza

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:05:56 AM

If yes

I am wondering if there is an updated list with the countries that nowadays are working in the regulation of Bitcoins or Cryptocoins in general. Because I think it would be very interesting for people who is running a company or is planning to start one soon.

Cindy1983

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:59:17 PM

It's not easy. At first you have to find out a good location to construct your company. Then you have to find out new employees. Beside it'll be really hard because of language and currency differences and it's not easy to get bussiness license when you're a foreigner. The last one make me think this case is almost impossible is financial problem, it's required a lot of money to move your company to another country.
Dudy (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:50:07 PM

It's not easy. At first you have to find out a good location to construct your company. Then you have to find out new employees. Beside it'll be really hard because of language and currency differences and it's not easy to get bussiness license when you're a foreigner. The last one make me think this case is almost impossible is financial problem, it's required a lot of money to move your company to another country.

it can be hard to move but not impossible why? because when you think to move out from country A to B that mean your business is not doing good in that country so is better to look somewhere you can run your business without losing more money and movement  is not bad  all the time
Emmami@758

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:19:42 AM

If yes

i'm wondering why should i have to move one country to another country? actually in my country my company is good and they giving salary in the bit coin form. so i don't want to move this company to another. if their offers me more salary then ill think about this issue. otherwise i'm very comfort for this work and my bit coins.
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:06:17 PM

To move the company to another country is not difficult if your company does not have production facilities. The language barrier and mentality is not a problem if you bring to the management of a local resident. Many countries are now creating more favorable conditions for foreign companies to attract investment. OP was referring to companies that use in their activity of bitcoin. These companies do not have production facilities for them, moving won't be a problem. Sometimes it is enough just to transfer your site to another jurisdiction.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: