Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:55:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1080 TI*12  (Read 526 times)
consigliere (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:51:20 PM

Hi everyone. I have 12 1080TI and I'm mining zen, don't anyone notice that the difficulty is rising too fast while the price is still down.i just want to ask whether its good idea to go on mining or maybe its worth nowadays just buy alts and keep?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NobodyIsHome

Activity: 74
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:10:48 PM

It's really up to how long you want to continue mining.

Personally, I have other uses for these cards after they are done mining, so I don't need to sell them.  Even if I end up with just enough money to pay them off, I'm still way ahead.

Buy-and-hold is a safer strategy if you believe bitcoin/altcoin will continue to go up.
consigliere (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:20:30 PM

Personally, I have other uses for these cards after they are done mining, so I don't need to sell them.  Even if I end up with just enough money to pay them off, I'm still way ahead.

Buy-and-hold is a safer strategy if you believe bitcoin/altcoin will continue to go up.
I am pretty sure they will but don't you get more profit from just buying zen and keeping other than investing, I'm coming to decision that mining is actual if you have 50+rigs otherwise theres too much risk, nervous and time about it. I might be mistaken but I'm not gonna buy more cards for sure already.
siforek

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:31:01 PM

The value of a coin is never guaranteed to rise with the difficulty, we'd hope it does but there's many coin that aren't even profitable to mine because of this. Try looking at something else more profitable. 1080TIs are like the best Nvidia cards you can get but you've also got higher power usage to cope with & a longer ROI time. Look at whattomine.com & ultimately calculate your hash/watts ratio with different coins. The lower your wattage per hash the better, then review gains based on each coin.
siforek

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:36:19 PM

I am pretty sure they will but don't you get more profit from just buying zen and keeping other than investing, I'm coming to decision that mining is actual if you have 50+rigs otherwise theres too much risk, nervous and time about it. I might be mistaken but I'm not gonna buy more cards for sure already.

It really depends on your situation. Like for me here in California where power is insanely expensive it only makes sense to run 1 small(6-7 GPU) rig cause anything more pushes me into tier 2 at 27 cents/KWh. In order to expand I had to build a building out of state(cheaper power) & for that to make sense I have to be running at least 6-10 large rigs.

While everyone has the same goal, everyone has slightly different "realistic" goals. If you just want to make a few hundred $ extra a month a decent rig is great, if you're a gamer & want to help pay for your 2x 1080TIs just mine at night. If you want to pay all your bills fro mining you need to invest A LOT & be prepared for a full time job's worth of work running things.
consigliere (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:37:34 PM

The value of a coin is never guaranteed to rise with the difficulty, we'd hope it does but there's many coin that aren't even profitable to mine because of this. Try looking at something else more profitable. 1080TIs are like the best Nvidia cards you can get but you've also got higher power usage to cope with & a longer ROI time. Look at whattomine.com & ultimately calculate your hash/watts ratio with different coins. The lower your wattage per hash the better, then review gains based on each coin.
yeah, agree, I was pretty sure that with the difficulty the price will also go high but we have what we have.
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:14:01 PM

yeah, agree, I was pretty sure that with the difficulty the price will also go high but we have what we have.

I think the price will lead the difficulty, not the other way around.
NobodyIsHome

Activity: 74
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:19:46 PM

Personally, I have other uses for these cards after they are done mining, so I don't need to sell them.  Even if I end up with just enough money to pay them off, I'm still way ahead.

It's really about what happens after you reach capital recovery.  If you are mining, there's more of an opportunity to gain more total profit over time (even if the price doesn't change), but with the obligatory risk of not reaching the break-even point first.

I have some 260X cards which have paid off themselves a long time ago when I bought them back near 2013 for Litecoin, and they are still useful for one thing or another (ZEC these days).  Regrettably, I stepped away from mining for a few years thinking it was a dead end when I really should've been steadily growing my farm.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:28:21 PM

Mining right now is a waste of time and resources, just buy zec or eth and wait few weeks and enjoy minimum 2x investment.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:30:55 PM

Regrettably, I stepped away from mining for a few years thinking it was a dead end when I really should've been steadily growing my farm.
Not really.
From summer 2014 it wasn't profitable to mine anymore. If you had kept growing your farm in these times you'd have paid for hardware that wouldn't have paid for itself, and mined at a loss. Double-whammy.
You should have steadily bought coins over the last few years. GPU mining was a pointless endeavour until a few months ago.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:38:01 PM

GPU mining was a pointless endeavour until a few months ago.

GPU mining and mining as a whole still pointless, look at the return of buying and holding coins, it far exceeded mining at least 100 times concerning profit

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:40:47 PM

GPU mining was a pointless endeavour until a few months ago.

GPU mining and mining as a whole still pointless, look at the return of buying and holding coins, it far exceeded mining at least 100 times concerning profit
Short-sighted statement, and erroneous at that.
How are the $BTC you bought at 5000 doing?
I've been creating value even in a falling market while mining. If you've gone long BTC in the last 2 weeks (and most altcoins in the last 2 months), you haven't.
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:53:49 PM

From summer 2014 it wasn't profitable to mine anymore.  GPU mining was a pointless endeavour until a few months ago.

Nvidia was profitable all the time, sometimes profits were quite thin but it was profitable. Amd mining was negative from summer 2014 to summer 2015.

First wave of eth goldrush was the first half of 2016, that's when so called "ethbabies" were born. Second wave was first half of 2017.

just buy zec or eth and wait few weeks and enjoy minimum 2x investment.

You can also short (not zec), easy 10% x leverage daily, every 10€ yesterday is 15€ today with 5:1 leverage. Problem is that you need to know what you are doing.

So many different ways to earn some € @cryptomarkets.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: