Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:00:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We need to moderate this section ???  (Read 1109 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 05:24:04 AM

Although it's not my call in the end (theymos is the one who can add new boards), I don't think the suggested sections would add much value compared to the immense workload they would create.
I find it humorous that we often see the following with some of the BTCT staff, either "we don't do it because we can't fully stop it" and now "we can do it, but it's too much work so let's delay it for now". It's not like the altcoin ANN section is *not a cluster of garbage*. Roll Eyes

I may consider asking for something akin to a token announcement sub-board some time in the future but I still have to think about it.
It's not that you should ask for it in the future, you should have already tasked for it a long time ago.

Not completely. While I can't create boards on my own, I can and have both requested and had new boards created within the altcoin sections.
Correct, and theymos can shoot your request down for any random reason.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 06:03:52 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2017, 06:33:41 AM by mprep

Although it's not my call in the end (theymos is the one who can add new boards), I don't think the suggested sections would add much value compared to the immense workload they would create.
I find it humorous that we often see the following with some of the BTCT staff, either "we don't do it because we can't fully stop it" and now "we can do it, but it's too much work so let's delay it for now". It's not like the altcoin ANN section is *not a cluster of garbage*. Roll Eyes

I may consider asking for something akin to a token announcement sub-board some time in the future but I still have to think about it.
It's not that you should ask for it in the future, you should have already tasked for it a long time ago.
It's more so "we don't do it because it wouldn't help much and would require much more moderation". I ask for new boards whenever I see a single, specific type of thread dominating the board (e.g. Bounties(Altcoins) or possibly tokens), not a collection of loose, minor or trend-specific characteristics. If I were to ask for new boards (which I probably will in the near future), I'd have to make sure they wouldn't just sit empty after a trend passes.

Not completely. While I can't create boards on my own, I can and have both requested and had new boards created within the altcoin sections.
Correct, and theymos can shoot your request down for any random reason.
Indeed, though AFAIK, all my requests were at least partially granted.

Each coin announcement in POW/POS section must be announce starting with [ANN][ALGO][SHORT_COIN_NAME]

Example:
Code:
=> [X11][DASH] - anything here
=> [QUARK][BTQ] - anything here
=> [ETHASH][ETC] - anything here
=> [X11][XVP] - anything here

Code:
=> [ICO] - anything here
=> [PRESALE] - anything here

Code:
=> [BOUNTY] - anything here
=> [GIVEAWAY] - anything here
That's something you're going to have to request from theymos though I doubt he'll create such rule, considering that AFAIK the only board where some sort of format for thread naming is enforced is Press.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 08:26:52 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2017, 05:47:19 PM by Lauda

It's more so "we don't do it because it wouldn't help much and would require much more moderation". I ask for new boards whenever I see a single, specific type of thread dominating the board (e.g. Bounties(Altcoins) or possibly tokens), not a collection of loose, minor or trend-specific characteristics. If I were to ask for new boards (which I probably will in the near future), I'd have to make sure they wouldn't just sit empty after a trend passes.
I fully disagree with that statement. Whilst the suggestion(s) by OP may or may not be optimal, there is a clear distinction between classic altcoins and ICOs/pre-sales/et. al. and there's a lot of both. That section is suffering greatly due to the flood of both, and a separation would be extremely beneficial.

Indeed, though AFAIK, all my requests were at least partially granted.
Fair enough.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 10:33:06 AM

I fully disagree with that statement. Whilst the suggestion(s) by OP may or may not be optimal, there is a clear distinction between classic altcoins and ICOs/pre-sales/et. al. and there's a lot o both. That section is suffering greatly due to the flood of both, and a separation would be extremely beneficial.
Fair point. I'll try to work out what new sections would best fit in the long term.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 05:51:02 PM

I fully disagree with that statement. Whilst the suggestion(s) by OP may or may not be optimal, there is a clear distinction between classic altcoins and ICOs/pre-sales/et. al. and there's a lot o both. That section is suffering greatly due to the flood of both, and a separation would be extremely beneficial.
Fair point. I'll try to work out what new sections would best fit in the long term.
I'd like to make a simple example in hopes that this gets sped up. Take two groups of users (there are plenty):
1) Miners.
2) Investors.

Group 1 will be looking for altcoins that can be mined, and this is very rarely the case with ICOs et. al. Such a user has to waste a lot of time in that section trying to find such. Group 2 would be looking for potential new ICOs/projects that they can invest in. They have to waste a lot of time avoiding standard alts. There are a lot of both: 1) Altcoins (as in the old days). 2) Token sales, that would justify a separation.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 07:24:57 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2017, 07:35:59 PM by mprep

I'd like to make a simple example in hopes that this gets sped up. Take two groups of users (there are plenty):
1) Miners.
2) Investors.

Group 1 will be looking for altcoins that can be mined, and this is very rarely the case with ICOs et. al. Such a user has to waste a lot of time in that section trying to find such. Group 2 would be looking for potential new ICOs/projects that they can invest in. They have to waste a lot of time avoiding standard alts. There are a lot of both: 1) Altcoins (as in the old days). 2) Token sales, that would justify a separation.
Yeah, as I previously mentioned, I was already thinking about trying to get a dedicated section for tokens. However, if I'm going to ask for new boards, it's best to consider other possible boards as well.

igotek (OP)

Activity: 2030
Merit: 608

Online Security & Investment Corporation

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 07:22:15 PM

any updates ?

I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in myself.
Hold my breath as I wish for death. Oh please god, help me !
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: