Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:21:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Requesting 0.1161 BTC loan. With collateral  (Read 779 times)
BitTrader1000 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 05:46:21 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2017, 04:15:02 PM by BitTrader1000

Loan Amount: 0.1161 BTC
Reason for Taking out a Loan: Purchase a new domain name which is secured by park.io and general improvements/advertisement for my website bitcoinfaucet.ca
Amount to be repaid:0.1233 BTC
Repayment Date:09/15/2017
Type of Collateral: Domain java.io (valued at $900-$1000 java.in sold for $1050 and java.asia sold for $2600)
Bitcoin Address: 1JipfAtLFRCfgQsTfptdDsvYRMjQ7BoiXf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:33:17 PM

Reason for Taking out a Loan: Purchase a new domain name which is secured by park.io and general improvements/advertisement for my website bitcoinfaucet.ca
Type of Collateral: Domain java.io (valued at $900-$1000 java.in sold for $1050 and java.asia sold for $2600)
Domain is nice and worth the value as you have said but I'll give you a reason which lenders would hesitate taking it as a collateral.Domain names can be easily acquired back by changing details.How would you guarantee you wouldn't take the domain back if failure to pay the loan ? Are you going to transfer the domain ownership for collateral ?
BitTrader1000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 06:35:02 PM

Domain is nice and worth the value as you have said but I'll give you a reason which lenders would hesitate taking it as a collateral.Domain names can be easily acquired back by changing details.How would you guarantee you wouldn't take the domain back if failure to pay the loan ? Are you going to transfer the domain ownership for collateral ?
Yes I was planning to fully transfer the domain to either an escrow or directly to the lender (If they are reputable) on their registrar of choice.

josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:35:06 PM

Yes I was planning to fully transfer the domain to either an escrow or directly to the lender (If they are reputable) on their registrar of choice.

Sorry that i'm asking this but i really don't know.
In the case that you default (not that you will but as a possibility),where can the lender sell this domain of yours?
Domains are not coins or something that can easily sell it,without having to much knowledge where/how to do it.
BitTrader1000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 08:01:39 PM

Sorry that i'm asking this but i really don't know.
In the case that you default (not that you will but as a possibility),where can the lender sell this domain of yours?
Domains are not coins or something that can easily sell it,without having to much knowledge where/how to do it.
It will sell easily on marketplaces like flippa or sedo. Or set up a landing page and wait for a buyer, but it will go fast in the form of an auction

bitcoinfuck

Activity: 634
Merit: 106

Europe Belongs To Christians

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:42:12 PM

i am happy to to give you loan, but need that domain transferred to my account

[/url]
BitTrader1000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 10:26:08 PM

The domain will be held by a trusted middleman/escrow until repayment.

ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:29:10 PM

It will sell easily on marketplaces like flippa or sedo. Or set up a landing page and wait for a buyer, but it will go fast in the form of an auction

You have to remember not everyone wants to wait. People would want collateral that can be liquidated easily. Also, people would want to keep in mind that there have been cases where people would try to defraud icann or the domain registrar and get the domain back. Its always best to use an escrow, and when dealing with a domain, have some form of written agreement and proof of ownership (simply just transferring isnt enough to prove ownership in most cases). Rare, but it still happens, but if things do check out, the domain *could* be worth that much, but if OP default, dont expect to get the ROI right away unless you know someone who would be interested in buying it.

I would highly suggest using an escrow and not having it transferred directly to you.
BitTrader1000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 10:35:44 PM

You have to remember not everyone wants to wait. People would want collateral that can be liquidated easily. Also, people would want to keep in mind that there have been cases where people would try to defraud icann or the domain registrar and get the domain back. Its always best to use an escrow, and when dealing with a domain, have some form of written agreement and proof of ownership (simply just transferring isnt enough to prove ownership in most cases). Rare, but it still happens, but if things do check out, the domain *could* be worth that much, but if OP default, dont expect to get the ROI right away unless you know someone who would be interested in buying it.

I would highly suggest using an escrow and not having it transferred directly to you.
You are right. I have no intention on defaulting but if that does happen, I would want to do anything I can to ensure the domain is secured by the new owner. I will gladly complete any written agreement or document, and the domain will be held by a secure escrow while the loan is in progress.

BitTrader1000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 04:15:35 PM

Still need this loan

BitTrader1000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 11:08:53 PM

Still need this request filled

xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:40:34 AM

You seem like a legit guy, but domain names seem to be able to be social engineered back to the sender or it could be even stolen. Though the chances are low there it can't be ignored, especially if dealing with a big amounts like this.

Plus, domain names aren't very liquid. Appraisals are only appraisals.

If you can offer anything else than this domain name, then i can definitely fill this for ya.
BitTrader1000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 03:37:18 AM

You seem like a legit guy, but domain names seem to be able to be social engineered back to the sender or it could be even stolen. Though the chances are low there it can't be ignored, especially if dealing with a big amounts like this.

If you can offer anything else than this domain name, then i can definitely fill this for ya.
I read most of the recent loan requests here and most people either offer their accounts and altcoins as collateral. My account obviously isn't worth a penny and if I had any altcoins I would have traded them for BTC already Tongue (I still dont know why people offer alts if they can just trade them for whatever they need)
Unfortunately with the amount of fraud in these parts all lenders must be extremely cautious and I understand that.

Thanks for your time, though.

xypos

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:04:49 AM

I read most of the recent loan requests here and most people either offer their accounts and altcoins as collateral. My account obviously isn't worth a penny and if I had any altcoins I would have traded them for BTC already Tongue (I still dont know why people offer alts if they can just trade them for whatever they need)
Unfortunately with the amount of fraud in these parts all lenders must be extremely cautious and I understand that.

People use altcoin as collateral because they see that the price of these altcoins are going to go up significantly over the loan term. Therefore selling the altcoin would be unwise as they would be losing out on potential profits. By using it as collateral they are able to get more altcoin that they believe is going to go up, and it's worth the interest.

Anyways, unless you have any other collateral than a domain then i am not able to help you Sad

There may be domain dealers able to do this loan for you, i'm not experienced with domain selling/buying at all and that's the main reason i'm not comfortable with filling this. Nothing personal
Zaizoun

Activity: 358

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:22:48 AM

I can fill this loan if you can increase the %
BitTrader1000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 02:08:36 PM

I can pay back 0.132 BTC

Zaizoun

Activity: 358

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:35:47 PM

I can pay back 0.132 BTC
Ok , pm me please
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: