Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:14:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridseed blade overheating, zero hashrate  (Read 297 times)
Ellendra (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:28:54 AM

I bought a used Gridseed Blade a couple months ago. One side worked, the other didn't, so I would just plug that side in. Now the working side is doing the same thing, although intermittently instead of constantly.

They're acting like the power cord isn't plugged in. Both register with BFG as active devices, but with a hash rate of 0. The boards get really hot, several times hotter than the working side did when it was functioning properly. The first time it happened, I burned my fingers unplugging it.

Because the chips are still communicating through the USB, I think this is a power issue. Like I said, it behaves exactly as it would if the USB were plugged in but not the power cable, except for the fact that it gets really hot. Sometimes the fan won't even turn on until I wiggle the cord the right way.

Since the one board sometimes works for a while, I'm hoping I can still fix it. I just don't know how.

Any ideas?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: