Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:49:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My account request was rejected by MtGox - what should I do?  (Read 7861 times)
sergio

Activity: 313
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 05:15:07 AM

Lets hope that all the accounts are active before they open up.
Otherwise it is going to suck big time for the ones that do not have the accounts ready.

Mtgox should make a guarantee to everyone that the accounts are ready before they open for business again.

I do not have my account ready, and have no clue when it will be ready.

I was told to reclaim my account again, and it is not working because I already had reclaim it, and was told to wait for a manual confirmation, but on the support ticket system I am told to check for updates on www.mtgox.com.

Are there a lot of persons having the same problem?
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AngelusWebDesign

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 05:23:37 AM

Thanks, Imperi. I think I know why I was rejected now.
imperi (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 05:29:49 AM

Thanks, Imperi. I think I know why I was rejected now.

It literally took me all night to get a definitive answer. I think I can sleep now.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 05:30:03 AM

I provided my password and dwolla account. My password was strong in the first place so I don't understand why it didn't go through. I doubt I mistyped either. Any idea what I should do here? I put in a new request with my ip.

(edit: Not trolling this time)

Can you afford a plane to Japan? Perhaps you might even get some donations here at the forum.

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 05:53:15 AM

just got rejected. I don't take rejection well :-(

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 06:33:09 AM

01:01 < MagicalTux> anyway if you got more than ~$100 worth of bitcoin/usd and didn't provide a last balance, the system will auto-reject
Putting that much weight on this piece of information seems stupid. If the account were hacked the hackers would know how much money is in the account.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 06:46:57 AM

01:01 < MagicalTux> anyway if you got more than ~$100 worth of bitcoin/usd and didn't provide a last balance, the system will auto-reject
Putting that much weight on this piece of information seems stupid. If the account were hacked the hackers would know how much money is in the account.
I agree that there's too much weight on that, but you do have to remember that there is only one person who has the balance sheet outside of MtGox: the original hacker that caused the crash. Everyone else only has the user database.

That said, it should only be supporting evidence.

beeph

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 07:00:20 AM

the hackers had access to a transaction log for a friend of mine who deposited 5000$ (number changed for security purposes but it was in this ballpark).. they knew his dwolla account and specifically targetted him with a phishing mail that had his DWOLLA account number on it.  He called dwolla and showed them the phishing mail.  The hackers had access to FULL TRANSACTION HISTORIES.  Noone else knew his dwolla account and he used a secure gmail to register it.

So using balances to verify is dumb.. the #1 thing should be using the associated email.

Use your freaking brain guys.. if the hackers had the entire account table + hashes.. what kind of stretch is it for them to have access to the transaction tables too?  Just because they didnt publish the transaction table on a hax0r forum doesnt mean they didnt have it.  The only reason they relased the password hashes was SO PEOPLE COULD CRACK THE HASHES FOR THEM.  NOT TO BRAG.  NOT FOR THE 'LULZ'

How did I verify transactions when i ran online sales International?

Step 1.. call the guy
step 2 'does the guy have a romanian accent'
step 3 'if yes, decline business'
step 4 'does the guy have a chinese accent and his name is Joe Smith'
step 5 'if yes decline business'

fraud rate:   < 1%
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 08:06:15 AM

I provided exact balance both in usd and bitcoins. Let's see what happens with my claim once I receive the notification.

I provided that, plus IP and the address I sent BTC from/to (since they never had any of my financial details to verify) and they accepted me a little bit ago. \o/

Thanks for your input. I provided my IP too.

My balance is >$100 and I'm still in limbo, I guess I was not automatically rejected, probably because I provided exact balance. I see that as a good indication.
Justsomeforumuser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 08:53:36 AM

For some reason it must hinge on the amounts in the account.

I provided my exact old password, my withdrawals real name, bank account information and address.
It got rejected.

I have now added: Possible IPs/ranges, estimated BTC and USD amount, a half dozen MtGox generated deposit BTC addresses together with their amounts of BTC to send.
Not sure if they even store those as they are only valid 24h, but it's at least something.

I am also ready to email someone official at MtGox scanned paper ID, drivers license, bank account statement with my name on it if they don't believe me.
Before the hack, there were only withdrawals, only to me, my bank, my name, and that I provided.

Why anyone would need more than that? I have no idea. It makes no sense.
But I provided a rough amount in account estimate now, maybe that helps.

Ho-Hum.
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 09:00:09 AM

Finally, after 50 hours since my original claim, I just received the "Accepted" result. To summarize: I provided old password (a good quality one), exact balance greater than $100 and IP address. No dwolla (not an US citizen—don't have account there), no details about funding/withdrawals, no anything else.
tim85254

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 09:04:42 AM

I rejected THEIR request.  No way will I use that system ever again.
0x00

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 09:06:07 AM

My old password 50 characters long, completely random. I also provided my LR account. Still got rejected.
fujiwara

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 09:47:30 AM

My old password 50 characters long, completely random. I also provided my LR account. Still got rejected.

lol! this is starting to smell fishy, ...
M4v3R

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 10:08:31 AM

I only provided password (which was 10 chars long) and got accepted. I didn't have any funds there though, because I've withdrawn everything just before the incident. Lucky me Cheesy.
Calavera

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 10:44:23 AM

The only reason they relased the password hashes was SO PEOPLE COULD CRACK THE HASHES FOR THEM.  NOT TO BRAG.  NOT FOR THE 'LULZ'

I agree that using balances is debatable, but it's only part of the information that he's using.  Obviously he's going to use as much information as he thinks he can verify.  However, your above quoted statement is wrong.  If they just wanted people to crack the hashes they would have been posted them without the accompanying account information.  Posting the entire user table very much devalues its contents.
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 11:47:54 AM

I would resubmit with as much information as possible.

cjgames.com
klaus
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 11:58:46 AM

first denied, please bring more information.

Now accepted, fine. they are much faster now!

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

bitmessage:BM-2D9c1oAbkVo96zDhTZ2jV6RXzQ9VG3A6f1​
threema:HXUAMT96
bracek

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 12:36:43 PM

first denied, please bring more information.

Now accepted, fine. they are much faster now!

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

I was rejected first time, but shortly after my second attempt,
they sent me email
saying that
my account recovery request has been accepted.
and that I will be able to access my Mt.Gox account once the site opens again.

I have more than 100 btc, and a few usd cents ...

I submitted exact balances and described wire transfer and transaction history

DonnyCMU

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 12:59:12 PM

01:01 < MagicalTux> anyway if you got more than ~$100 worth of bitcoin/usd and didn't
                    provide a last balance, the system will auto-reject

This is so stupid. If that is really a requirement why don't they just say so???
I can't remember my exact balance, only something very vague, and don't even know if the buy order I had was filled or not.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: