Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:08:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My account request was rejected by MtGox - what should I do?  (Read 7863 times)
fujiwara

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 01:00:00 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2011, 01:20:17 PM by fujiwara

My first try:
* Name of the Bank I sent money from
* My (fix) IP Adress

2nd try:
* estimated balance
* details about a EUR deposit
* old password (not too safe)
* mentioned that I withdraw 1 BTC during the flashcrash

I'm gonna see what happens now, ... I dont know what to do if this isn't enough, ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 01:04:00 PM

On my one account I've got acceptance at the second try.  On the second one I've got two rejections.  Now I have two problems.  First I don't really know which one is which - what complicates the retrieving of relevant info.  Second all of the options even the catchall 'Other' can be used just one time - after using all the options relevant for my accounts (I've not used dwolla or LR - so they are useless for me) I am left with no way to add more information.
Justsomeforumuser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 01:10:54 PM

I provided my exact old password, my withdrawals real name, bank account information and address.
It got rejected.

I have now added: Possible IPs/ranges, estimated BTC and USD amount, a half dozen MtGox generated deposit BTC addresses together with their amounts of BTC to send.

Accepted.

Ho-Hum.
stic.man

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 01:12:16 PM

I got an acceptance after adding more info including my account balance and info about a wire transfer I had made directly to mtgox.

previously i had only included my dwolla info and password
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 01:21:27 PM

2nd try accepted.

I included records of my deposits from dwolla and wire transfers, along with estimated balance and account history. I also included details of the romantic weekend I shared with Magical Tux in Aspen, and the description of my hidden tattoo. 

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 01:27:51 PM

Never trust anything said by someone with 3 first names.  I don't buy it for a second!
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 01:37:52 PM

Also accepted on second try after only a few minutes waiting. Second submission included Dwolla account #, IP address, approximate balance of BTC and USD, amount of last Dwolla deposit and last Dwolla withdrawal.

Still around.
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:42:02 PM

Well seems that the majority of us are getting through, no? Half of my brain begins to think that these will be the last 12 hours without trade at last!
WakiMiko

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:55:21 PM

My first try:
  • Password only (16 characters, alphanumeric + special chars. e.g.: ^nv"9:}]!7v3g>|?)
  • Claim request email matches email used to create the Mt. Gox account
rejected

My second try:
  • Bank details (name, BIC, country-specific info)
  • Details about my last deposit (amount,  date, reference number, conversion rate)
  • Details about a direct USD transfer to another Mt. Gox account (amount, other account name)
rejected

My third try:
  • IP info (subnet as my ip is dynamic)
accepted
Bitonetta

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:29:05 PM

Your account recovery request has been accepted.

That's it.  Gave my password and only what my $ balance was.  Not even BTC balance required.  Just USD.  No dwolla, no ip, no previous transactions, previous dates or anything.

There's definitely a mininum balance.  I had less then $100 in there.  I moved a few thousand dollars outta there the few days before luckily so whatever.

I feel sorry for the ones with $/BTC tied up.  My experience with this whole fiasco has been satisfactory so far.  Very little fuss for me personally.  And if the claim is correct, I should have access back for my account when it's opened.
qualia8

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:42:37 PM

2nd try -- accepted.  don't know why i'm excited about this.  the whole debacle should never have happened in the first place.  i'm excited to get my frozen assets *back*?
jimrandomh

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 04:49:32 PM

Accepted on the second try. (Apparently not having included an approximate last balance was what made it not work the first time.)
BGL

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 05:14:18 PM

Denied first time around, probably because i'm > 100 & didn't provide a balance. (it'd been nice to have known about the > 100 beforehand)

It's either my age (old) or stupidity but i took "Make sure you provided your last balance, even if its approximate." a bit literally (the 1st time) & != estimate.

So instead of being possibly wrong i figured i'd be a bit more safe in leaving it blank.

I did provide dwolla, 2 ip's, used strong passwords both times (new/old) but i guess that wasn't good enough.

sent it back with "approximate" balance info & i'm fairly confident it will go through the 2nd time.

Side note: "Note that if you already had an accepted recovery request with this email, all other requests will be rejected. In this case, try placing another request from a different email." - This didn't quite make sense to anyone i spoke to so we all just ignored it.
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 07:00:12 PM

IP
Dwolla ID
Exact Bitcoin & usd balance (screencapped my account history page a day before they went down)

Accepted first time.
imperi (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 11:56:19 PM

HEY EVERYONE - I'VE BEEN DEGOXED !!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

(now the next trial comes... whether I can log in when the site is up)
ymgve

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 01:07:11 AM

Got accepted on my first attempt yesterday. Original password was 9 char lower/numeric, IP and email the same as before the hack, but I didn't give a balance though I had more than $100 in the account. Still got accepted.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: