Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:41:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: You maybe should reconsider taking a look at DeepOnion  (Read 813 times)
Shoxc (OP)

Activity: 170
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:15:49 PM

Just saying for all the "scam"-yellers. The project is lead in a very, very transparent way.

I'll quote something here:
"We believe in ONION holders should have a say for the future of the project. So we will launch portal where you can verify your wallet and vote for projects.
community will be able to vote for forks such as stopping PoW, increasing blocksize (currently 1.5 MB) implementing other features, hiring a new public hero and so on!"

(source: https://deeponion.org/community/threads/roadmap-target-vote-central.3/)

Which scam would let the people vote on anything?

But furthermore, the project is standing up for their vision - anonymous payment. They did't simply airdrop and cash out, but developed the new feature called "Deepsend".
Please take a moment of your time and read this quote:
"The DeepSend will use a multi-signature method to hide the transaction trace. It is one of the true trustless systems that was first developed in Supercoin (you can read an extremely detailed technical explanation of this technology here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1351548.0). What is important here is that we are adopting a tried and tested technology that is trusted by existing users. We will leverage this service and develop an enhanced version of it providing further anonymity, speed and trust. Thus with DeepSend, our network and tx will be both secured and efficient. Specific details on DeepOnion's implementation will be discussed at a later stage (we are currently testing and do not want to comment until it's ready and tested)."

(source: https://deeponion.org/community/threads/deepsend-upcoming-feature.5/)

Still believe it is a scam?

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:37:04 PM

Yes i believe it is scam https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/deeponion/

That was a pnd coin, behind all of th roadmap has planned by the dev and no one to be real, The dev is only the person can sell their token to the market and the signature participant will get banned caused by that.  Roll Eyes
sixexgames

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

One Social Network

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 10:44:41 PM

Maybe you could name any government Wink

I'm giving Deep Onion a shot... but when I applied I didn't have the signature on my profile (I didn't know it was necessary) so I guess I'm blacklisted now?

Shoxc (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:23:18 AM

Maybe you could name any government Wink

I'm giving Deep Onion a shot... but when I applied I didn't have the signature on my profile (I didn't know it was necessary) so I guess I'm blacklisted now?

Hey Smiley

I am blacklisted myself. But I bought some over nova exchange and am staking them now. (you can check your status here: https://deeponion.org/community/check_status.php?action=check)
It is really hard for them to differentiate between "farm-accounts" and real users. Therefore - and due to the high amount of people wanting to join the airdrop - it takes them some time to check your profile.

But feel free to join the slack channel! I got help there for every question very quickly. Just make sure to join the support channel.
https://deeponion.slack.com/messages/C6AJ5ECSG/

Shoxc (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:25:59 AM

That was a pnd coin, behind all of th roadmap has planned by the dev and no one to be real, The dev is only the person can sell their token to the market and the signature participant will get banned caused by that.  Roll Eyes

Could you please explain to me how that coinmarketcap link proves your point of view?
And how can you say that the debs aren't real? Is this just a statement?

Furthermore: I know of people who got their airdrops, transferred some percentage to nova and cashed them out. They had no problems and aren't blacklisted for doing it.
EliJoshi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:47:02 AM

I agree with Shoxc.
It's up to everyone what is scam and what not.
But talking bad about an altcoin, because risk is in the game, is in my opinion the wrong attitude. Tongue
a2offrb

Activity: 453

RISE WITH RAYS FOR THE FUTURE

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:56:36 AM

I might be wrong but deeponion have some fair approach to altcoin investment and they have proven to be better than some of the sole called ICO which someone invested a lot of cash and get scammed.

I am out of the campaign but i know deeponion is not a scam at least for now.

]–]  Announce  ]–[    RAYS NETWORK    ]–[  Whitepaper  [–[
A Blockchain Based On Customized DPOS And Bulletproof Protocol
[–[   RISE WITH RAYS   [–[  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  ]–]
Nutt

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:59:49 AM

I am interesting in DeepOnion. However I am anxius about its wallet coded. I do not want to install any program on my computer. May be there are virus in their wallet file!! Tongue

Do you have any suggestion to solve this problem?
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:00:55 AM

You mean the deep scam?

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
spinnycat

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:18:15 AM

I didn't do much research, just bought some because it seemed like the flavour of the day. So not sure about it being a scam coin, but I do like how the devs are quite active keeping the community involved. And when I say bought some, like the grand total cost of my deeponion is less than a pack of cigarettes. Because I am povo. Wink Dont smoke kiddies! Smoke deeponion!

Be proud Istri, I'm trying Wink

Btc: 16P9EwMg6TZmpPDNUvuViMEZfE9f3fpAbV
DosManos

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:42:21 AM

"which scam will let community vote on anything" Huh 
thats your argument? XD
let me sell u potatos for ETH you can decide what to do with the potato
same thing
spinnycat

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:46:59 AM

thats your argument? XD
same thing

I am not taking sides in this argument no way, but thankyou for making me laugh!!! Love the thought of a blockchain backed by old potatoes!

DosManos

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:00:26 PM

thats your argument? XD
same thing

I am not taking sides in this argument no way, but thankyou for making me laugh!!! Love the thought of a blockchain backed by old potatoes!

Grin Grin Grin

POTATO coin  Cool
you are genius
spinnycat

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:13:59 PM

thats your argument? XD
same thing

Grin Grin Grin

POTATO coin  Cool
you are genius

Mate, Call it Deep Potato ...then youll get some interest!!! Wink

TimeHacker

Activity: 521
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:42:59 PM

thats your argument? XD
same thing

The difference is that the devs are not selling anything to us, you don't have to spend a single cent. They are obviously working hard on DeepOnion and all they ask for it is the community support. Sounds quite reasonable to me.
So even if it was a scam, which I'm quite sure is not, all you could loose is that you provided free signature advertising for some time for nothing.
There's always a risk, but as I said I believe it is a legit project and for me it looks very promising. Time will tell Smiley

leslie4u

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:54:28 PM

I too have heard lot of people calling DeepOnion a scam and this thing kind of resurface especially after airdrops or just before it. I must agree with some of the folks here that the devs are working hard behind the scenes and that it takes lot of their time to filter out people with real account of fake account for the airdrops. I am sure this isn't an easy thing anyways.

Even if this whole thing is a scam, let's ask ourselves, what are we losing? Are we losing our life for carrying their signatures, will we die if their bounties hold no good value in the market? Will I cease to live if Onion scams out?

Good Lord, give me a break. People will still continue to live and do what they are doing even if Onion is gone.

However, I strongly believe that Onion is here for long run and nothing can stop us from being successful. Some people knowingly spread negativity to tarnish Onion's image. All I have to say is we are moving forward no matter what. Either you be with us and create a successful story or you be behind us and continue to call Onion as scam.

Thank you Onion Dev/Team for all of your hard work. It's truly appreciated.

Have a wonderful day.
Shoxc (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:26:28 PM

thats your argument? XD
same thing

It is a part of my argument, yes. Because it demonstrates that they are still developing new features.
If it would've been a scam, they would've cashed out at 3-4$ per coin and left.

While your potato post was fun, it wasn't somewhere near the reality - sadly.
But I will even respect this childish opinion.

This thread was just a friendly reminder for all people who missed the chance to join DeepOnion until today and maybe want to join now, as the project is taking steps forward.

Nalienn

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:38:41 PM

thats your argument? XD
same thing

It is a part of my argument, yes. Because it demonstrates that they are still developing new features.

This thread was just a friendly reminder for all people who missed the chance to join DeepOnion until today and maybe want to join now, as the project is taking steps forward.

There wasn't enough volume to cash out at $3-4 without completely annihilating the market. However, that would be stupid anyways even from a scammers perspective. Unless the scammer is happy with peanuts I guess.
Keeping the project alive would guarantee tens and hundreds times the profit at the expense of some extra effort. I think it would be pretty fucking dumb to start a project so elaborate just to pull a quick exit scam, which is why I've been behind DO since the very beginning.

Do I know what's going on? No, nobody does. But it's far more likely that the project is for real given the circumstances. Heck, even if it was a scam initially the dev should've quickly realized that he could make much more by going through with it.
I just can't imagine this being one of the classic p&d coins.

The bigger problem is the rising amount of blacklisted people, I find it hard to believe that half of the potential airdrop participants would be dupes or whatever.

But anyways, time will tell, it's not that much longer until the really important road map milestones are supposed to be reached.
Shoxc (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:27:44 PM

thats your argument? XD
same thing

There wasn't enough volume to cash out at $3-4 without completely annihilating the market. However, that would be stupid anyways even from a scammers perspective. Unless the scammer is happy with peanuts I guess.
Keeping the project alive would guarantee tens and hundreds times the profit at the expense of some extra effort. I think it would be pretty fucking dumb to start a project so elaborate just to pull a quick exit scam, which is why I've been behind DO since the very beginning.

Do I know what's going on? No, nobody does. But it's far more likely that the project is for real given the circumstances. Heck, even if it was a scam initially the dev should've quickly realized that he could make much more by going through with it.
I just can't imagine this being one of the classic p&d coins.

The bigger problem is the rising amount of blacklisted people, I find it hard to believe that half of the potential airdrop participants would be dupes or whatever.

But anyways, time will tell, it's not that much longer until the really important road map milestones are supposed to be reached.

Yes I can see the problem with the blacklisted people too, as I am a "victim" of it myself. But nevertheless it is needed to hold out those farmers who would dump their coins right away  Undecided
lakimens

Activity: 392

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:42:12 PM

Will you stop with this scam shit? It's not a scam, if you don't see that. You don't need DeepOnion.
Stop talking about it if you don't like it. Simple as that. No need to accuse..

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
mangodream

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:30:00 PM

I'm suspicious about DeepOnion but honestly, I don't see the link between the coin market cap chart and the prove that DeepOnion is a scam...
What do you mean exactly?
Shoxc (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 12:55:54 AM

I'm suspicious about DeepOnion but honestly, I don't see the link between the coin market cap chart and the prove that DeepOnion is a scam...
What do you mean exactly?

Would love to hear the answer to that one too Smiley
Shoxc (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:41:59 AM

Update: they are still working on a new exchange - one of the big ones Smiley

https://deeponion.org/community/threads/about-new-exchange.2394/page-6#post-37305
Shoxc (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:05:11 PM

DeepOnion has updated its requirements for new participants of the airdrop.
Jr. Members can now apply too Smiley

https://deeponion.org/community/threads/new-updated-rule-more-people-coming-soon.3171/
arnew1

Activity: 36
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:15:59 PM

always the hating. but its still moving up people no dumps
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:48:14 PM

I actually dont think that deeponion is a scam, but I didnt show interest in it when it launched. Now its too late to participate I guess. But I heard something that they plan to make an airdrop again?
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: