Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:22:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you picky with ICOs?  (Read 13407 times)
storm122 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:11:26 AM

Are you picky with ICOs?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:26:54 AM

Yes I am and everyone else should be also.   A project must earn my Bitcoins or Ethereums. 
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:45:25 AM

Are you picky with ICOs?

I am more than picky. I have only joined a handful of them. Those that I think are really trustworthy and the pre-ICO is a very easy sell. Everyone of us should be picky when it comes to investing in ICOs. After all, many of them are scams. We will always end up picky if we do our part in doing due diligence.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 01:48:15 AM

Are you picky with ICOs?

you don't want to pick ico with name like crapeatcrapskyhigh with self-moderated op or dev hidden their identity and claiming to be satoshi nakamoto or a team of one

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
ctyong

Activity: 145
Merit: 22

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:53:02 AM

You gotta be picky because you don't want to lose your money when it comes to money making decision.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 01:55:24 AM

You gotta be picky because you don't want to lose your money when it comes to money making decision.

Investment is done for probable profit, not being a picky on an investment would lead you to a loss.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:10:24 AM

Investment is done for probable profit, not being a picky on an investment would lead you to a loss.
short but precise mate, its the purpose why we invest because we wants to gain profits in returned so picking ico should be taking care properly,
knowing the advantage and road map and how the project will survive and have its edge from many different projects that has been introduced,
and most of all the dev behind is really important in choosing coins that we will going to support.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
digital_weezer

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:51:59 AM

Investing in ICO's is just like any other investment. You need to do your research.

These are the qualities i look for before investing into an ICO:-

- Strong team - Both in development team and also the CEO's / marketing (People focus too much on the developers which is important but not everything. no point having a great team to create something, if nobody can advertise it and push the startup in the right direction.)
- Realistic vision - not aiming too high or if they do not reach their target everyone who invested will be disappointed
- Solid whitepaper - Well thought out, shows realistic goals, a strong good vision and a plan of action
- Strong social media presence - A social media that shows they are connected with everyone
- Good customer support - Shows they care, and they have invested time and money into making sure the average investor can ask questions
- Good website - A business who is willing to throw time and effort into a good website are less likely to be a scam
- finite supply - ICO's with no cap can be dangerous and can simply just damage their own coin by releasing more for more investment.
-Market they are getting involved with - Is this a new market? or a dying one? who controls the market?

Finally
- Good concept and catchy name - A good ethos and a name that makes them stand out. Personally i would avoid anything that is something "coin".

If you are looking to spread your cash over a few coins, i would look into pre-sales as you can get more bonuses for your money.

One that caught my eye was Crowdholding, seem to be under the radar but slowly trucking along. I see them all of sudden smashing it.

https://ico.crowdholding.com/
COCA COLA MAN

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:53:59 AM

I avoid those get rich quick scams. Rather buy little bit more established coins with some growth potential. I bet 85-95% of these ICO projects will be dead after one year
sumit513

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:07:37 AM

Don't trust the so called "unique" ICOs. On paper they may sound groundbreaking but in reality they could be scams.
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:12:21 AM

I avoid those get rich quick scams. Rather buy little bit more established coins with some growth potential. I bet 85-95% of these ICO projects will be dead after one year

Depends on your analysis and assessments. Unless you are just new to crypto? If you kept saying 85-95% of ICO projects are dead after 1 year since few years ago then you must be missing too many opportunities then.
timet678

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:20:09 AM

You better be picky or all your hard earned eth will disappear. Quite a few icos are outright scams and even the legit ones are equivalent to penny stocks and probably won't be around in a year or two. The best thing you can do is only invest in projects that have a product (not just promises) and a good, experienced team.

yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:39:31 AM

Indeed i am picky with them. You have to be picky if you don't want to waste your money on a scam or a shitty project. We are seeing more and more ICOs everyday and most of them don't worth to invest in. If you wanna get in a good one you need to analyze the campaign very deeply and check the background of it. Only then invest your precious money to an ICO.

Legendari

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:50:06 AM

Despite what is considered fault-finding Grin Personally for me the most important thing is the team behind the project and what they want to achieve.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
pikatju

Activity: 336

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:50:41 AM

Yea often I see the price decrease after ICO, when the coin hits exchanges. If the team is not good and the product is under-developed, then it's better to stay away and wait for them to get their shit together.
One ICO I'm super stoked about is POWR. They have a new take on the 2 coin system and I think its gonna be big! Click my signature for their ICO page.

ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:53:28 AM

I am very selective on ico investments. Currently i am interested in  Airtoken . Its a good project and already a working business model.
I have few other icos but my favorite is airtoken. Its on 19 september and lets wait and see
L

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:53:38 AM

I usually ignore ICOs, it's always better to invest in a protocol than in a company.

I believe every ICO from 2013/2014 has failed, 95% or more of all these new ICOs will fail and people will lose their money.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:55:40 AM

Of course I am very picky when it comes to investing in ICOs and I strongly believe that everyone should be too. With the rise of number of new tokens doing ICO everyday, many of them could just be plain scams and run away with all the investors' money. Running through the description of the project and related links like whitepaper, core developers etc can always provide a good idea if the project could be successful.
Helga.Alekseyuk

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:56:23 AM

You must be picky. And if you believe in any project, but see any problems in their plan,, you should advice and notify them. Because the good idea may be gone lost and unsupported due to for example bad website, or uncoordinated marketing strategy..
oreits11

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:32:50 PM

as possessing returns with the chance as working with the early terms on managing use of evaluation,

further with the ico schemes investor to defines if that is suitable with the results of analyticals

as different spares on limit with the funds to displace to gains as closing within terms to met with the beginning initials of target to complete.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: