Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:10:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MiningMonitor.com - Monitoring - SMS Notifications - Analytics[Monthly+CSV]  (Read 9428 times)
MiningMonitor (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 02:40:24 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2011, 08:03:34 AM by MiningMonitor

We are proud to announce the launch of MiningMonitor.com!

MiningMonitor allows you to monitor your workers and pool accounts, provides notifications via email and SMS in case of failure and provides detailed analytics about your performace at the worker level, pool level, and overall.

Currently supporting DeepBit , Bitcoin Pooled Mining ( Slush's ), BitcoinPool, Bitclockers, BTCGuild, MTRed, Arsbitcoin, ABCPool.co, BTCPool24, OZCO.in, rfcpool.com, and Eligius (Luke-Jr's pool) and are planning on added other pools upon request.

Over the last few weeks, we have built and tested the most advanced monitoring and analytics platform available.

Getting started is simple, visit http://www.miningmonitor.com , take a tour and signup!

Join for free, or get a paid account for faster updates, more workers/pools, free SMS credits and better stats!

Some screenshots to wet your appetite.

Partial Overall Stats View

http://staticcdn.miningmonitor.com/preview1.png

Partial Pool Stats View

http://staticcdn.miningmonitor.com/preview2.png

Partial Worker Management Page

http://staticcdn.miningmonitor.com/preview3.png

Partial Pool Management Page

http://staticcdn.miningmonitor.com/preview4.png

MiningMonitor Pricing Finalized!

http://staticcdn.miningmonitor.com/pricing.png

Based on feedback from our users, the finalized pricing for MiningMonitor has been released.

Major changes:

The Silver account can now monitor 6 workers, double from before.  Now the majority of the smaller miners can use a silver account and watch all of their workers.  

Gold Users can now monitor and get analytics for UNLIMITED workers and pools!  

Platinum is yearly only now. For 10btc you get 2 minute updates, 300 starting sms credits and refills of 200 sms for 0.5btc.  For the price of the original Gold yearly account, you get much, much more!  

Failover Support! ( Linked Workers )

http://staticcdn.miningmonitor.com/july17/linked_worker.png

Now, if you are using a client with automagic failover support ( such as SmartCoin or guiMiner ) , you can link monitored workers together so you only get a down worker notification if the linked workers are ALL down.

For example, if you link btc_1 and deepbit_1 , when your failover kicks in switching you from one to the other you will NOT receive a down worker notification!

Monthly Stats

http://staticcdn.miningmonitor.com/monthly_export.png

Now, you can view your overall monthly stats.

Track your day by day performance and compare it to your historical data.

CSV Export

http://staticcdn.miningmonitor.com/export.png

When viewing your overall monthly, or daily stats, you can now download a CSV export of the data.

Perform your own analysis on the data with shares,stales,uptime,hashrate, and earnings all broken down on an hour by hour basis.

We even have an affiliate program! MiningMonitor.com Affiliate Program

Have questions, you can check out the FAQ Page , or post them here and we will respond!

Hope to see you soon!

The MiningMonitor.com team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fabianhjr

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Do The Evolution

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:06:13 AM

So, how do you get stats from Slushe's or Deepbit pool? Or does this service also include a pool?

MiningMonitor (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 03:08:47 AM

To get stats, you provide your API key and we use that to generate all of the analytics.  There is a wealth of information in the API if you graph the results over time.

And no, there is no MiningMonitor pool, we provide services to Miners who are using other pools.

rearwheels

Activity: 444
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:45:12 AM

Very professional and nice interface!

If only you guys were around 1 month ago...I would have gotten a lot more sleep!
MiningMonitor (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 03:48:01 AM

Thanks,

There is a saying in the startup world that says "build what you will use", so we did Wink

In truth, it was based on a simple SMS app for watching our own miners, and kept growing.  One total rewrite and a ton of features later, and this is the result.

PeteTheRed
Lead Developer
Precog

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 04:16:47 AM

This site is very promising. I like graphs.  Cheesy
MiningMonitor (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 04:40:37 AM

We took special care in creating the graphs. We went through 3 evolutions trying to find the best fit.  

First GD generated graphs which were pool quality, and computationally expensive.  

Then Google's Image graph API , which were nice , but not good enough.  The scaling was inconsistant, and the positioning of axis labels were inconsistant also.  We still use their API to generate the pie charts for share/worker and stales/worker in the stats.

Finally, we settled on JQuery flot graphs.  They looked the nicest, scaled correctly, and even add mouse over point labels for extra detail.

<edit>Consistant scaling was important, it lets you drag your eyes down over the multiple graphs and be to see correlations in the data.</edit>

PeteTheRed
Lead Developer
Ali

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 06:54:16 AM

I used jQuery flot graphs as well for interactive charts on my latest iPad app. They're great.

However I have one problem. I can't add my BTC Guild account.
I'm currently on a low load server, the API-key is correct, I can even download the data provided by the API myself.

So what could be wrong?
MiningMonitor (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 07:03:57 AM

Ali,

BTCGuild was taking longer then 5 seconds to respond to API requests.  I have corrected the issue ( longer timeout ).

Please add your key again.

Thanks for trying out MiningMonitor!

PeteTheRed
Lead Developer
Ali

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 07:24:24 AM

Very nice, it works now.
MiningMonitor (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 08:38:37 AM

Glad to hear it worked.

The launch of MiningMonitor has been very exciting!  I will be available again at 1pm EST to answer any other questions that people have.

PeteTheRed
MiningMonitor.com
Ali

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 09:05:00 AM

The Manager workers link (http://miningmonitor.com/workers) takes me back to the frontpage
MiningMonitor (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 09:08:50 AM

The link, which was on the Pool Stats page, has been fixed.

Thanks for the bug report Ali

Peter Azuolas
Lead Developer
MiningMonitor.com
Ali

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 10:45:17 AM

I found another bug.

I put my mail-adress in the notification settings but checked none of the notification options but still got a notice that my miner is back online:

MiningMonitor: Worker Notice - User_Workername of User (btcguild)

MiningMonitor.com Notice:
Worker: User_Workername of User ( btcguild ) is back up!

Fri Jun 24 06:36:37 2011
jfourmo

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 01:33:05 PM

I have 30 workers, there's no way for me to test this out for a month before committing the most expensive package? I don't see the value in monitoring one graphics card, even as a test. Why does it cost more PER worker? You only have to access the API page once every 20 minutes and store the data for each worker.

The spot pirce is still based on MtGox ? Why isn't it based on TradeHill?

I would be happy to evaluate this and share what I think about it if I could monitor my entire network for a week or two.

Thanks
jfourmo

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 01:36:21 PM

and thanks for sending my password clear text in the welcome e-mail
MiningMonitor (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 06:47:30 PM

and thanks for sending my password clear text in the welcome e-mail

It is not uncommon for the initial "welcome" email to contain your username and password, especially for websites that do not keep credit card information.  Assuming your email remains secure, your only concern with an emailed password is a "man in the middle" due to the fact that email is transmitted in plaintext.

The password is stored in the database as a per user salted hash, so if you do a "password lookup" , it emails you a onetime key to login and be able to change it.  Once again, this is vulnerable to a "man in the middle" , but given it's one time usability , less so.

Seeing as how it was simply a design issue to include the password in the email, and this is a security conscious community, I removed it.

Peter Azuolas
Lead Developer
MiningMonitor.com
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 06:56:33 PM

Hmmm.... the free account is all but useless if you have more than one worker, right?  I might consider buying the full account, but I sure wish there was a way to see at least the pool stats accurate for all of my workers combined in the free account.
MiningMonitor (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 07:13:15 PM

I have 30 workers, there's no way for me to test this out for a month before committing the most expensive package? I don't see the value in monitoring one graphics card, even as a test. Why does it cost more PER worker? You only have to access the API page once every 20 minutes and store the data for each worker.

The free account is designed to allow an individual to "taste" the services we provide.   It was based around the request of a tester to have an account for ( and I quote ) "the dude in his dorm that wants to know if his gaming box stops making him money while he is f*****g off down the hall"

The cost is based on a per worker basis from the aspect of storage of their data, and the statistical "crunching" that must be done for each one.

It's not bad idea to have a "full trial", so here is what I did:

All paid accounts have a "provisional period" of 2 hours to allow for delays in getting confirmations of payments.  A provisional account has 15 minute updates, and notifications turned off, but all other features of the account.

I've extended the provisional status time window to three days to allow for a trial.  The copy on the join page will be edited this afternoon.

Thanks for the advice!

The spot pirce is still based on MtGox ? Why isn't it based on TradeHill?

That was an oversight, and has been corrected. Thanks for pointing it out.

Both the spot price and weighted averages are provided by Bitcoincharts.com , which we thank them for.

I would be happy to evaluate this and share what I think about it if I could monitor my entire network for a week or two.

Thanks

Please give the new 3 day trial a go... I would think that 3 days is more then enough time to decide if there is value in the services we provide.

Peter Azuolas
Lead Developer
MiningMonitor
MiningMonitor (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 07:18:44 PM

Hmmm.... the free account is all but useless if you have more than one worker, right?  I might consider buying the full account, but I sure wish there was a way to see at least the pool stats accurate for all of my workers combined in the free account.

I must have been making my changes while you wrote your message Wink

Give the new 3 day full trial a try.

Peter Azuolas
Lead Developer
MiningMonitor.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: