Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:08:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGOX Launch . . . postponed  (Read 6989 times)
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:20:52 AM

If they do shut the site down...there's nothing anyone can do about it. Welcome to the free, unregulated market.

while mtgox.Funds > 0 {
sleep;
};

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
swusc2

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

Do your part for Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:21:35 AM

2) Your butt is hurt and you pull your funds out

Apparently your butt is used to it, probably don't even feel it now that they have screwed you so much!

Great contribution. Applause to trolls and thread flamers all around.

Impress your friends! Buy a bitcoin keychain!
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=30799.0
beeph

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:22:22 AM

If they do shut the site down...there's nothing anyone can do about it. Welcome to the free, unregulated market.

we'd have to hire an international lawyer at 400$ an hour, then get on the japanese civil suit docket which is no doubt a 50 year wait for foreigners.. haha

Our best bet is just to call our banks and get the ACH's reversed.

bitcoinminer

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:23:20 AM

Apparently your butt is used to it, probably don't even feel it now that they have screwed you so much!

You DO realize, in your own quote, it shows you talking about butts hurting FIRST, right?

-Warren Buffett
Horkabork

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:24:11 AM

Damn you, Mounted Gox. I woke up early for this crap. And I was having an awesome dream too. See, I have this white noise machine because the neighbor likes to chop wood and scream at things at all hours, and my noise machine was set to "swamp sounds". So I was dreaming that I was trying to survive in a swamp with snakes and crocodiles all over. My dog was there and he was annoyed me trying to chase birds, and paw and goof around with a turtle. I was angry because I thought we needed to cook and eat the turtle for "survival." Also, apparently I had a cell phone app to instantly light a fire in a wet swamp. Someone really needs to make this for real, despite the physical impossibility.

The dream really stopped being about survival at that point. For some reason, I thought I needed to build a swamp house, so I did, practically instantly, out of swamp trees. The house was on stilts, hovering over the swamp, and I distinctly remember thinking how it needed more stilts and wasn't structurally sound. Then I was really mad because it didn't have internet and I needed to check Mt. Gox and be there for the opening. Then I woke up.

Also, in the dream I had to pee really badly and when I woke up I had to pee really badly. And my friend said that my swamp house was a "sausage party" as no girls were there, and I said something like "Well I figured that you were bitchy enough to fill their absence."

Yeah, apparently swamp life make me a misogynistic asshole.

Me: 15gbWvpLPfbLJZBsL2u5gkBdL3BUXDbTuF
A goat: http://i52.tinypic.com/34pj4v6.jpg
swusc2

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:24:42 AM

You DO realize, in your own quote, it shows you talking about butts hurting FIRST, right?

If you weren't mentally handicapped. You'd understand it was referring the the OP, i.e., "Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right . . . "

Dirt Rider

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:25:07 AM

Was more of an observation then an attempt at contribution.
bitcoinminer

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:26:10 AM

Damn you, Mounted Gox. I woke up early for this crap. And I was having an awesome dream too. See, I have this white noise machine because the neighbor likes to chop wood and scream at things at all hours, and my noise machine was set to "swamp sounds". So I was dreaming that I was trying to survive in a swamp with snakes and crocodiles all over. My dog was there and he was annoyed me trying to chase birds, and paw and goof around with a turtle. I was angry because I thought we needed to cook and eat the turtle for "survival." Also, apparently I had a cell phone app to instantly light a fire in a wet swamp. Someone really needs to make this for real, despite the physical impossibility.

The dream really stopped being about survival at that point. For some reason, I thought I needed to build a swamp house, so I did, practically instantly, out of swamp trees. The house was on stilts, hovering over the swamp, and I distinctly remember thinking how it needed more stilts and wasn't structurally sound. Then I was really mad because it didn't have internet and I needed to check Mt. Gox and be there for the opening. Then I woke up.

Also, in the dream I had to pee really badly and when I woke up I had to pee really badly. And my friend said that my swamp house was a "sausage party" as no girls were there, and I said something like "Well I figured that you were bitchy enough to fill their absence."

Yeah, apparently swamp life make me a misogynistic asshole.

This just earned you the only donation I've ever given out on here.

-Warren Buffett
Dirt Rider

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:30:48 AM

Up until about 49 minutes ago I was a big supporter of MtGox.  I felt I could see clearly through all the BS...   I was a fool.
TriumVir (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:35:18 AM

From Starcraft 2 references to a dissertation on the "My Butt Hurts Forum", swusc2 has demonstrated an impressive range.
bitcoinminer

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:35:57 AM

If you weren't mentally handicapped. You'd understand it was referring the the OP, i.e., "Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right . . . "
[/quote]

Please enlighten me... I'm trying to figure out what clowns and jokers do that make you think of being hurt in the butt.  Did you have a bad experience at the circus?

-Warren Buffett
swusc2

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:36:44 AM

From Starcraft 2 references to a dissertation on the "My Butt Hurts Forum", swusc2 has demonstrated an impressive range.

considering all 33 of your posts are complaining about MtGox. Whatever you get the idea.

Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 03:37:49 AM

When Mt. Gox finally does come up, thousands of people will have their cursor poised over the "withdraw" button.

You cannot run a depository institution like this.  In the US, when a real bank can't handle withdrawals, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation moves in. Just before closing time, an small army of FDIC examiners, auditors, and guards, armed with court orders, moves in on the bank. Everything is frozen. All cash is counted. All records are backed up.  The CEO and most of the executives are fired. When they do this on a Friday, by Monday, the bank is handling withdrawals, with FDIC staff running things.

The Mt. Gox clowns are saying "Trust us. We can't be reached by phone or mail. We aren't saying where we are. We aren't saying how much money we really have.  We aren't saying if any money is missing. We aren't saying when we'll really be paying out customer funds. We aren't saying whether we've been trading on our own exchange. Trust us."

Early on, it looked like Mt. Gox was merely a victim of their own incompetence. As time goes on, the situation looks more suspicious.

It's probably time to bring in the Japanese legal authorities. Whether they like it or not, Mt. Gox is subject to the "Financial Instruments and Exchange Law". This regulates all "financial instruments with strong investment characteristics" in Japan. It also regulates money transfer services.  Japan uses broader definitions in this area than the US does.
bitcoinminer

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:38:23 AM

+1

-Warren Buffett
bitcoinminer

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:39:30 AM

When Mt. Gox finally does come up, thousands of people will have their cursor poised over the "withdraw" button.

You cannot run a depository institution like this.  In the US, when a real bank can't handle withdrawals, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation moves in. Just before closing time, an small army of FDIC examiners, auditors, and guards, armed with court orders, moves in on the bank. Everything is frozen. All cash is counted. All records are backed up.  The CEO and most of the executives are fired. When they do this on a Friday, by Monday, the bank is handling withdrawals, with FDIC staff running things.

The Mt. Gox clowns are saying "Trust us. We can't be reached by phone or mail. We aren't saying where we are. We aren't saying how much money we really have.  We aren't saying if any money is missing. We aren't saying when we'll really be paying out customer funds. We aren't saying whether we've been trading on our own exchange. Trust us."

Early on, it looked like Mt. Gox was merely a victim of their own incompetence. As time goes on, the situation looks more suspicious.

It's probably time to bring in the Japanese legal authorities. Whether they like it or not, Mt. Gox is subject to the "Financial Instruments and Exchange Law". This regulates all "financial instruments with strong investment characteristics" in Japan. It also regulates money transfer services.  Japan uses broader definitions in this area than the US does.

There's a shadow just behind me,
shrouding every step I take,
making every promise empty,
pointing every finger at me.
Waiting like a stalking viper
who upon the finger rests.
Murder now the path is must we
just because the son has come.

Jesus, won't you fucking whistle
something but the past and done? (x2)

Why can't we not be sober?
I just want to start this over.
Why can't we dream forever?
I just want to start things over.

I am just a worthless liar.
I am just an imbecile.
I will only complicate you.
Trust in me and fall as well.
I will find a center in you.
I will chew it up and leave,
I will work to elevate you
just enough to bring you down.

Mother Mary won't you whisper
something but the past and done. (x2)

I Just want to start this over.
Why can't we sleep forever?
I Just want to start things over.

I am just a worthless liar.
I am just an imbecile.
I will only complicate you.
Trust in me and fall as well.
I will find a center in you.
I will chew it up and leave.

Trust me. Trust me. Trust me. Trust me. Trust Me.

I Just want to start things over.
Why can't we sleep forever?
I Just want to start this over.

I want what I want.
I want what I want.
I want what I want.
I want what I want.

-Warren Buffett
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:39:44 AM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

~shoots self in head~

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
swusc2

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:40:20 AM

+1

Yep you guys are right. You guys keep at it with your witch hunt meeting. I think I'll go elsewhere like every other person scared away by crazy lunatics on this forum.

beeph

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:40:40 AM

Yeah, they're running a con.. of course.. this case will just end up on a list of another 100 internet scams that run every day.. the only one getting any money back is their lawyers..  We're not special.. we just fell for a run-of-the-mill broker con, like thousands of others.. i  just hope u didnt lose too much money.  People reading about this anonymous exchange will just laugh and think 'those guys were retards' and move on.. LOL.

Whoever took over mt gox obviously had no intentions whatsoever of investing in the infrastructure.. what possible motivation could he have had other than the existing balances?  Their business has 0 value now.  If the person taking it over had really been interested in it he would have fixed the website and hired 20 people, gotten major investors from goldman sachs or whatever.  By the way a friend of mine who is in the hedge fund business sent this guy a mail talking about invbesting in their business and believe me he got replied to instantly and he was very itnerested.. haha.  

This guy at this point has no option other than bankruptcy.. he can simply claimm the bitcoins were 'haxored' and then hold deposits from internaional depositors cuz a civil suit in japan just aint gonna happenl.. if he has japanese customers imho it would be in his best interest to give them their money back then shut it down,
TriumVir (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:42:39 AM

considering all 33 of your posts are complaining about MtGox. Whatever you get the idea.

Shill.
AngstHase

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:44:04 AM

calm down guys. just another day.

If mt gox really wants to scam us there wouldn't be any messages on their page neither the claim function.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: