Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:45:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs the rest  (Read 220 times)
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:21:59 PM

Hey All,

Who believes bitcoin dominance will fall to 20% in 2018?

With the strong rise of Ripple Ethereum Cardano Iota RaiBlocks and more will it change the playing field?

and if you believe it which currency could take over the #1 from bitcoin?
There is when we will draw the line for bitcoin. I don't think that those alts will defeat the number one cryptocurrency in this world. Well, there could be possibilities but teams behind the coins you mentioned, will crawl it's way up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lulum25

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:25:36 PM

Bitcoin still the first name in crypto for average person.  I think it going to be fine.  Needs LN though asap.
bingble

Activity: 111

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 03:37:25 PM

Btc is the reserve currency for every other alts and ether has become the second one so in order for a coin to get the rank 1 it needs too much time and too much investment, it is not impossible but it is very hard

Can't agree any more, Rank 1 always is hard to be replaced, in any industry. When people talk about CryptCurrency, most of them talk about Bitcoin, before they buy altcoins, they buy Bitcoin.
eddyhalim

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:40:02 PM

i think it will not easy for all the other altcoins to take bitcoin #1 position, because bitcoin price is too high, not easy for any coin to take its place in just a year, also the propotion of bitcoin on the market is too big that all altcoins combined can not easy to catchup to bitcoin.

yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:53:23 PM

Hey All,

With the strong rise of Ripple Ethereum Cardano Iota and more will it change the playing field?

I think bitcoin cash will replace bitcoin in 2018
because bitcoin cash is the same as bitcoin (BTC)
people already familiar with bitcoin, so I guess it's not hard for bitcoin cash to take over market dominance from bitcoin
Bitcoin Cash is at the moment poised to take over the number one spot from Bitcoin and the only reason for that is because of it's bigger block size which makes transactions cheaper and faster something which the developers are yet to do anything about and are still stalling in implementing the desired changes to the network.
coinycoiny

Activity: 273
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:00:42 PM

Was it only a year ago btc was 80% of the market by capitalisation? and now it's sub 40%.

So 40% to 20% in another year is possible.

Why did we get here? Well Ripple + Ethereum + Bitcoin Cash + Cardano + Litecoin is now bigger than bitcoin.

How did this happen?

Bitcoin used to be able to command a premium over the rest because the market generally believed that bitcoin was actually used in day to day transaction whereas the rest were just look-a-like clones.

Over the last 3 months it's become blindly obvious that bitcoin has failed as a day to day currency for transactions under $1k. Even drug dealers are moving away as more agencies become adept at tracing transactions.

So the market have correctly assumed they might as well buy into other useless currencies. Pre-mined? no problem. ICO, take my money. Bubble? No, this is decentralisation sir!

We are starting to see the crash of btc, but we are also going to see the rest of the market fall big time. But btc will crash bigger because really, why would btc be worth anymore than the numerous recent/coming up forks. I mean at least some of them are able to shift between wallets in minutes rather than days!

But will btc remain no1? yeah probably, just because it has the history and half the coins have been lost so it automatically gets a bigger cap then it should have.

Oh, while I'm having a rant. Store of value. Get real people.

lamcouz

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:39:51 PM

This is a very well written thread and I will like to keep this record.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:46:50 PM

No, I don't think Bitcoin will lose dominance and I don't think another currency will take the top 1 in Crypto-Currency world. All the success Bitcoin made in the world it's just because it has reputation and dominance, once Bitcoin loses it, many people will cash out their money and stay away from this Crypto-Currency thing, or at least they will decrease a lot the size of their investments as it would be being risker than ever.

Although we have volatility, we have stability knowing Bitcoin rules. And that makes everything here work very well.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:52:56 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2017, 05:18:01 PM by eaLiTy

The price of bitcoin is volatile and we might see a correction up to twenty percentage.Those who invested late after the boom might panic and sell of their coins if there is a massive correction which might end up in a good correction,these are all speculations but what i would like to see is a good rally in the altcoin market which we did not see much in 2017 as the entire rally was focus on bitcoin.

Fire316

Activity: 281

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:57:02 PM

No,because i think bitcoin is unique cryptocurrency with unique value. I dont think there is other currency that can replace bitcoin. Maybe other currency will grow and increase also their value but not totally what bitcoin reached. I think bitcoin will still the first famous and valuable digital cryptocurrency this 2018.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:20:52 PM

Hey All,

I don't think it'll go down that low. The btc dominance has gone down primarily because its price has entered a downtrend. Honestly, if it wasn't for the overvalued bankers coin (Ripple) the btc dominance would be above 45% Also, if you look at the charts you'll see that the top 10 cryptos on coinmarketcap have barely had any major movements on the total market capitalization over the last 3 months, and I don't see this trend moving too much in 2018.

With the strong rise of Ripple Ethereum Cardano Iota RaiBlocks and more will it change the playing field?
Not really, altcoins will keep battling  between each other to be the #2 cryptocurrency on the market.

take over the #1 from what? market cap? Ripple can, but other than , there are no altcoins that could take over the #1 spot from Bitcoin.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:30:43 PM

Hey All,

With the strong rise of Ripple Ethereum Cardano Iota and more will it change the playing field?

I think bitcoin cash will replace bitcoin in 2018
because bitcoin cash is the same as bitcoin (BTC)
people already familiar with bitcoin, so I guess it's not hard for bitcoin cash to take over market dominance from bitcoin
Well let's see if Bitcoin cash will replace bitcoin by the year 2018, they are not the same as you think, BCH is just a fork from bitcoin taking the name of bitcoin accompanied by the word cash, still the majority of community will prefer bitcoin as their number one coin and still the dominator and king of the crypto market, bitcoin price is recovering the same thing with its dominance.

randy321

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:33:13 PM

I am not a maximalist and firmly believe in spreading your money among many different assets.  Although almost all of my money is in crypto right now, I hope to change that i 2018.  And even with an asset class like crypto, you still have to diversify among Bitcoin and other projects that you feel are promising.
Lightofheaven

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:54:02 PM

i think bitcoin is going to replace every money in the world 2018
Raskolhnikov1

Activity: 560
Merit: 65

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 06:18:25 PM

Bitcoin's dominance can definitely fall to 20% or less in 2018, though it's quite unlikely as bitcoin still takes all the media publicity.
This is a lot more likely to happen if the blockchain stays congested for longer. We desperately need lightning network ASAP. The core developers definitely need to work fast. We're still sitting on 156090 Unconfirmed Transactions[1], which is quite lower than it was a week ago, but is still significantly high.

[1] https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

Edit: correction. Thanks to Samarkand for pointing it out.

I see bitcoin falling, not to 20% but to 30% for sure, the rise of bitcoin cash, ripple and ethereum seem inevitable, but as mentioned, bitcoin is still the flagship of marketing, and so I believe its high value it will last for a few more years.

i think bitcoin is going to replace every money in the world 2018

I wanted it to be true, but due to its high fees, I don't see how that is possible   Embarrassed
Marry Finch

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:00:30 PM

I do not know how domination, but the popularity of bitcoin falls before our eyes. If the hangups of bitcoin transactions continue and further increases, then the bitcoin will not remain a leader of the crypto currency for a long time. Who can take leadership, while it is difficult to say. This will depend on the specific circumstances. The most suitable candidates are ethereum and bitcoin in cash. By functions closer to the original bitkoinu still bitkoin cash. There are many specific functions for ethereum.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:11:43 PM

Hey All,

The dominance of bitcoin in the market is going to go down, I do not know if we are going to reach that low number but I think that is possible, however bitcoin dominance has nothing to do with bitcoin losing the top spot, as more projects appear and that offer something new it is natural that bitcoin is not as dominant as it was before, but make no mistake bitcoin will remain the number one coin for a long time.
derdgzmn30

Activity: 93
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:46:43 PM

I think bitcoin will dominate this year too because it is the debut time of bitcoin. It is now being acknowledge not like the other cryptocurrency that are just starting to be acknowledge. It is only my opinion, maybe other cryptocurrency will dominate too because of having low value now.

KRIPTON ● THE BITCOIN OF AFRICA (https://kriptonofafrica.com/)
JC btc

Activity: 770
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:59:40 PM

I think bitcoin will dominate this year too because it is the debut time of bitcoin. It is now being acknowledge not like the other cryptocurrency that are just starting to be acknowledge. It is only my opinion, maybe other cryptocurrency will dominate too because of having low value now.
Exactly, most of the countries nowadays accepts bitcoin but not all really adapts it, some accepts it not as a currency but as an investment that can change the life of every individual, so for me it is better that not allowing it to enter in our country right? So, while we still have time go and invest as early as we can.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: