Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:56:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin recovery  (Read 1497 times)
kel2563 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:00:15 PM

I accidentally sent BTC from my Bitcoin wallet in Electrum to a BCC wallet in Bittrex  that I own, but shows empty.  I wanted to know if there was a way for me to recover the BTC from the Bittrex wallet? I have contacted Bittrex but they refuse to help with anything under £5000. And I do mean no help, been ignored for weeks. I saw someone else on the board with the same problem and you fixed it. Which is why I am asking here. Thank you
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:22:02 PM

Sorry for your loss OP, but unfortunately you're not getting your BTC back.
Bittrexs cross-chain recovery policy specifies that they will not attempt to recover funds worth less than $5000 and you can't really do anything by yourself.
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:26:18 PM

man many guys are making this mistakes sry for your loss man. As per Bittrexs cross-chain recovery policy you wont get your btc back  . just be careful next time
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 02:27:23 PM

Sorry to hear this, but I think you are out of luck! This really does suck.

Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:33:12 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2017, 04:30:57 PM by Kingofbitcoin12345

I hope this policy on any exchange like this must be changed.. It is so absolutely unethical for a business like exchanges or wallets or any online sites to not providing any helped to they're clients at any cost it may.. They might be the one to beneficial to this kind of drama about policy and protocols.. If those mistakes happened to anyone of they're family,, do they just accept it.. I don't think so.. Sorry to Op for this kinds of human..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:34:17 PM

man many guys are making this mistakes sry for your loss man. As per Bittrexs cross-chain recovery policy you wont get your btc back  . just be careful next time

Yeah seems to happen a lot, must be a lucrative side business when they do take the measures to recover funds (<5000).
Probably a decent amount when all added up.
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 03:00:49 PM

I accidentally sent BTC from my Bitcoin wallet in Electrum to a BCC wallet in Bittrex  that I own, but shows empty.  I wanted to know if there was a way for me to recover the BTC from the Bittrex wallet? I have contacted Bittrex but they refuse to help with anything under £5000. And I do mean no help, been ignored for weeks. I saw someone else on the board with the same problem and you fixed it. Which is why I am asking here. Thank you

I thought I have had enough bad news for the day with several coming from every angle and this came along again. I guess I need to leave the forum now before I get one more that I cannot handle so I prepare for more to face tomorrow because its not going to stop.

Unfortunately, like others have said your fund is gone and there is nothing to bring it back again but its a lesson for anyone not to make such mistake again.

kel2563 (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:00:41 PM

I can't get over the kind response to my problem. I want to thank everyone for your replies. I am new to cryptocurrencies and being disabled it took me awhile to get the £400+ together to invest. My only reason was to be able to leave my grand children some funds to help them out in the future. Personally I don't belive money solves much. I was mostly attracted to crypto because of the up and down curves that almost mimic a rollercoaster and I guess with a fair size wallet it would turn your stomach as well. Again thank you all.
p.s. In my opinion what Bittrex has done is nothing short of theft as a wallet should refuse any transaction that does not match it's values.
bitnew17

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:06:01 PM

sorry to hear.  so if someone sends btc to bitcoin cash wallet it disappears?
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:23:42 PM

sorry to hear.  so if someone sends btc to bitcoin cash wallet it disappears?

Only if you send it to a wallet that you don't control directly.  In this case, he sent it to an exchange, which means only the exchange knows the private key of the BitCoin Cash Wallet.  If you had accidentally sent Bitcoin to a Bitcoin Cash wallet that you control directly, like a desktop or hardware wallet, then you can usually recover your lost Bitcoins by importing the private key of the BitCoin Cash Wallet into a BitCoin wallet.

BTW, the exchange can recover it, too, and they probably will eventually, but they will keep it for themselves ...
Astarnia

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:43:16 AM

Sorry, but I don't think they will  help you. Next time you need to be more careful.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16493

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 09:52:49 AM

This is an unfortunate side effect of more and more coins using the same address format.
Bittrex gives a very clear warning when depositing:
I acknowledge the following information: By depositing tokens to this address, you agree to our deposit recovery policy. Depositing tokens to this address other than BCC may result in your funds being lost.

Depositing tokens to this address other than BCC will result in your funds being lost.

They require a minimum value of $5000 and a 0.1 BTC fee. I don't get the reason for the minimum value though, if someone is willing to pay 0.1 BTC to recover a lower amount, Bittrex has the same amount of work and gets the same payment.

Long term, I'm curious to see if they ever collect all these coins for themselves. All together, it piles up to an ever increasing amount.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1250

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:26:08 AM

thats a good question, are the cross transaction coins ever collected
by the exchanges? is it possible for them to collect them?

Luckily I have never sent coins to a different blockchain but I am sure
it happens a lot.

"Measure twice, Cut once!"

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:45:06 AM

thats a good question, are the cross transaction coins ever collected
by the exchanges? is it possible for them to collect them?

Luckily I have never sent coins to a different blockchain but I am sure
it happens a lot.

"Measure twice, Cut once!"

I don't think it is possible to collect the cross transactions, You can send the any transaction with default network pool to do not face any issue in transaction and it will get confirm with in some hours. If you are using desktop wallet also don't change the fees to low let it ny default.
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:45:39 AM

I think it is indicated if it will be transact to other crypto it will be gone, so if ever I transact in bittrex I really double check it for my safety of my coins not to be lost. Sorry for that mate for your loss its in their terms and conditions hope if ever you will bring it back then its a good thing to have.
Vansire

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:50:29 AM

Why is it possible to send coins to an address of a different coin? It's easy to blame the sender, but why are there no preventive measures built in?

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kel2563 (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:46:51 PM

my point exactly. Update on lost funds, I opened wallet in bittrex checked payment block chai and there sitting in my wallet is my Bitcoin amount, stating in red "unspent".  In the wallet on screen the deposit doesn't show. Now I have found the amount sitting unspent in my wallet is there any way to recover ? Also what is your opinion of bittrex in this situation example,  Theft, immoral, untrustworthy ( should help customers, not just the rich ones) unethical and I can think of others I won't print here. I had an idea to wait until my bitcoin was worth £5000 and then ask them to recover it. No good, they say must be claimed within 2 weeks of deposit, they didn't respond to my emails with 2 weeks. Anyhow rant over apologies for the length of this. Love this site and good luck to everyone.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 12:50:09 PM

man many guys are making this mistakes sry for your loss man.

Dumb people deserve to lose their money.  It is that simple. Bitcoin is not compatible with stupidity. In about 10 years, the infrastructure will include all the protections for idiots.  Today however, Bitcoin is not yet idiot proof.  So idiots are in jeopardy for a while longer. 

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
kel2563 (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:07:09 PM

raw dog, go fuck yourself.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:10:04 PM

Sorry for your loss OP, but unfortunately you're not getting your BTC back.
Bittrexs cross-chain recovery policy specifies that they will not attempt to recover funds worth less than $5000 and you can't really do anything by yourself.

Truly. I just want to point our to OP that it is an exchange wallet hence you need Bittrex help so alone means zero chance of recovering your Bitcoin back. Be careful next time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: