Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:49:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coins that have an actual use?  (Read 236 times)
irukandji (OP)

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:23:51 AM

How many coins are there that have an actual use.

For example playkey will have one . Factom or Stratis do...I think they probably more clients though.

Ether does (within the Etherreum ecosystem)

What are some of the better ones?

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4896

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:34:33 AM

For example playkey will have one . Factom or Stratis do...I think they probably more clients though.

ROTFLMFAO, you ask for use cases and you state as an example one that "will have one" hah that hilarious. Ask any of them and they will all "Have one". BTC (you didn't specify alts), LTC, XMR, ETH off the top of my head most others are pie in the sky or lies.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:52:51 AM

What do you mean about the actual use? To determine those coins which already had the actual use will a bit difficult. I'm not sure about the playkey project but i just believe about the spectre.
You can try to see about the santiment and various platform which already had actually used. Eidoo should be another choice.
SerenW

Activity: 169
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:03:14 AM

IOTA: Tangle based technology and might be future of crypto currencies. Read cointelegraph article for more info.

LTC: In case BTC lose the crypto throne, because of the forks coming each month. Next choice could be Litecoin.

STRAT: .Net based first blockchain, and major competitor to ETH.

Ripple: Blockchain based banking system.

BTC: bc1qky6p6aptuqcha650dclqhs0k4pawrqc7g0zhz8
ETH: 0x7407Ee8B6cFED6E1cabd67dC91D23D9DB5D7e801
TitanAI

Activity: 232
Merit: 32

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:04:25 AM

Didn't see many that have an actual use, what about LiveEdu EDU Token?

VackFromOhm

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:06:38 AM

It really depends on the ecosystem that the coin was being created for is used in. For example, if there is a cryptocurrency whose whole purpose is to be easier to use in Puerto Rico with the recent state of emergency, then it would be extremely useful there; in other places, it would be basically useless. So it really depends on the context of the coin and the community it was created in.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:48:51 AM

AMB token are going to be used to keep information and trace good and foods.It is Ambrosus who is doing this. This project is very useful i think.
There is also AHT made by Bowhead. It is to keep information of the patients who are going to be paid if they gave access to the information to hospitals and doctors. But the ICO didn't do very well and the price is lower than expected.
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:08:23 AM

I think from your list, I will only pick Factom, Stratis has not deliver anything in my opinion and playkey just hearing about it,  most of these project will fail, just have that at the back of your mind
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 07:29:42 AM

I think there are plenty of their which are made in the way so that they can be used in the reality.

For example,

SCL —> It can be used to buy advertising, marketing, buying goods and services within the Social Nexus platform.

TenX —> A bitcoin debit card provide and you can use the tokens to load your debit card and use it I’m real life.

JNT —> To create your own decentralise fiat currency and use within the marketplace.

I know these three special as they are the one putting much of the efforts in the blockchain tech use.
otunayode

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:33:26 AM

Ether party with fuel will be use for smart contract app on the go Spective will be use AR and VR and many more coin been used for several purposes, like bat etc.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:35:14 AM

All smart contract based platform have actual real life use; lisk, eth, etc, neo are some names.

Siacoin (SC) = Decentralized cloud storage
Monero = Focused on improving anonymity of crypto
KMD = More or less like monero (improved privacy)
Ripple = Decentralized banking/remittance service.
Steemit = Social networking
Syscoin = Decentralized marketplace
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: