Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:41:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin were to ever reach $100k  (Read 1730 times)
BroganBloodstone

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:34:35 AM

I do not see it going that far to be honest. $10K? Sure, can see that easily, but not 100k. Would sure be great if it did though Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JPMoron

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:31:29 AM

You are right,
if BTC at 10k so the swing may be like within 5k usd,
it should be cool
devollito

Activity: 560
Merit: 217

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:56:41 AM

Im going to buy my dream house..in my country i can get my dream house only with 5 btc then..i hope btc can reach that price. And i believe it will..
Also i can retire very soon. Enjoy the rest of my life with worship to god and traveling with my daughter. We are all know that we are not immortal..thats why if youvhave money that much you need to enjoy this life..
HODL to the moon

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:58:07 AM

I think the next step for sure is 10k and eventually 100k, so it will be really great. Charttechnical there is a lot of logarithmic room

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:59:36 AM

yep. people kept telling us that the higher the price the calmer the price would become. i ain't seen any evidence of that at all. it seems to be just as insane as ever and the percentages of the swings aren't much lower than when it was a few hundred. i'm surprised.

i hope it settles down at $100k because otherwise it's going to be too silly to think of using.
btcdamnit

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:07:23 PM

maybe in 25 yrs
tanghere02

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:18:23 PM

Yup that'll be insane and for sure a lot would be rich by then if they still hold on to their bitcoins by the time that amount is reached but I think it is still far too long for that amount to be reached though it is possible though in the near future. Hopefully I'd still be alive by that time and would be able to spend some of my bitcoins for retirement.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
barota

Activity: 1176
Merit: 286

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:24:09 PM

bitcoin price  $100k can not be reached

The opposite can be reached 1btc ------50 usd
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:28:13 PM

All this ppl talking here and all this fourm users and all miners we still from the early comers , most ppl around the world don't know or invested in bitcoin alot of ppl don't even know that thing is existed already , all of us are only 0.01% of population , imagine if we become 0.1% , bitcoin may reach more than $100k

2016 GPU Miner
BMG86 (OP)

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:49:09 PM

All this ppl talking here and all this fourm users and all miners we still from the early comers , most ppl around the world don't know or invested in bitcoin alot of ppl don't even know that thing is existed already , all of us are only 0.01% of population , imagine if we become 0.1% , bitcoin may reach more than $100k

I fully agree with you. Not much of the world's population even knows about bitcoin yet. They say only 1 percent of the US population even owns bitcoin and only 300k people own 1 bitcoin or more. If bitcoin has reached 5k with these numbers, imagine when 10 percent of the whole world buys into bitcoin. Satoshi made bitcoin with 8 decimals for a reason. When the last decimal is equivalent to .1 cent that means 1 bitcoin will be equivalent to 1 million dollars. Mark my words, bitcoin will be worth that in the future. It may be many many years until that happens but it will. It's just going depend on if the government's and central banks try to stop it or not. Which they will do their best try to prevent that from happening.
NotSafe4Wurk

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:16:14 PM

Could you imagine the volatility on a day to day basis? I mean we've seen it swing at these levels almost up to $500 on a day to day basis at times. Could you imagine what it would be like at $100k? $5,000 to $10,000 price swings daily? That's insane!

No, it stabilizes as market cap increases
AleSergio

Activity: 378

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:17:43 PM

Could you imagine the volatility on a day to day basis? I mean we've seen it swing at these levels almost up to $500 on a day to day basis at times. Could you imagine what it would be like at $100k? $5,000 to $10,000 price swings daily? That's insane!
It is not so insane if you would think about it in other way. For example right now i can have 1btc easily, but when it will reach 100k$ I wouldnt be able to buy one BTC and i would buy 0.1$ and for me viotality would be the same as it is at the moment Grin

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

wildflower18

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:43:53 PM

Yup that'll be insane and for sure a lot would be rich by then if they still hold on to their bitcoins by the time that amount is reached but I think it is still far too long for that amount to be reached though it is possible though in the near future. Hopefully I'd still be alive by that time and would be able to spend some of my bitcoins for retirement.
Nothing is impossible if ever will reach $100k and yes all of us can be rich by that time. And if every planning to hold btc for a long term. Holding btc really gives earning and if continues believing in btc.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Beta-coiner

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:49:01 PM

Google trends indicate bitcoin is more popular than ever. I would not be surprised of a nice recovery once the clarity on chinese exchanges have been clarified.
mnemonicsoup

Activity: 200
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:49:54 PM

Few people will hold their BTC until that point, just for the reason you are mentioning. The average investor will trade with a portfolio of approx 0.1 BTC at that price.

I agree, I have a friend who was into Bitcoin early, he once had 200 BTC and sold them for 80 $ each. Now he has about 5 BTC. I'm guessing that similar scenarios occur rather often.

Even if Bitcoin goes to a million there will be crazy FUD on the way (much worse than this little China episode now) and a lot of people will be shaken out.
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:55:02 PM

The volatility will probably stabilize when bitcoin will be mainstream. But in terms of procents the volatility will be the same as value. A $5k swing would be 5% when bitcoin price will be at $100k. Wink
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:07:52 PM

It could happen one day but the climb upward is going to make it so it's not really a drastic thing. Everything evens out in the end when Bitcoins for $60 a piece every one bought a bunch , at $4,000 a piece people are still buying the same monetary value but they're just buying a smaller number Bitcoin. One thing i believe is that bitcoin will go on to 10K pretty soon, dont know when it will reach 100K.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:02:50 PM

The World is changing very fast now and with time speed is going to increase dramatically. Imagine, 10 years ago we haven't even an iPhone, now smartphone is a must-have.
And now imagine what world would be like in 10 years from now. I think Bitcoin will go huge (maybe x10 from now) or disappear at all.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:25:03 AM

If bitcoin will hit 100k. I would sell all my coins what i have in my wallet to money. I would then invest in alt coins like lite coin. For me lite coin is the sleeping giant it has the potential to grow, but now its just waiting to rise up. I have also some doge coins, but i think that it doesn't matter. Doge coin will not go higher then it is now.

Come on! Litecoins are not that good. I don’t know why you are using the word of sleeping giant for them. Bitcoins are if going to hit 100k dollars, I am not going to sell them off because they are the legends and I believe in their tendency of bouncing back with much higher energy.

ineedlicense

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 09:18:39 AM

You mean when bitcoin reaches $100k  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: