Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:40:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you buy Bitcoins at Wal-Mart?  (Read 320 times)
emmagloor (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 02:31:59 AM

I went to my nearby Wal-mart to purchase Bitcoins and nobody recognized what I was talking about.however, bitinstant.com records them as an area that I can store at to get Bitcoins. I conversed with three separate individuals there at the administration work area and all I got back was "what?" Can anybody help me?

thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6083

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:47:13 AM

Bitinstant is redirecting to weusecoins so, is that what you are referring to? I believe you got it wrong because from what I see there, they are saying that you could buy on Walmart using gift cards that you buy from gyft using bitcoin so unless there is an Bitcoin ATM there (which I doubt employees won't know about) there is no way to buy bitcoin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:51:09 AM

I went to my nearby Wal-mart to purchase Bitcoins and nobody recognized what I was talking about.however, bitinstant.com records them as an area that I can store at to get Bitcoins. I conversed with three separate individuals there at the administration work area and all I got back was "what?" Can anybody help me?

thanks

Walmart does not sell bitcoins.

However, there are people selling bitcoins in exchange for walmart gift cards. However you must purchase these gift cards physically and retain the receipt, otherwise you may be denied a deal from people.

I would not recommend buying btc this way as involves lots of fees that you need to pay. Just go to localbitcoins.com and search for deals for cash deposit/bank transfer. Rates are much better.
Skarner21

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 12:08:04 PM

If you really want to buy bitcoin better to go in coinbase, cex.io and if your country has local exchanges for bitcoin i think better to buy there using your credit card or bank account.. honestly never heard any about walmart that you can but bitcoins there..
Much better to share to us if where you are living so that we can recommend some local exchanges that you can buy in your country..

Make crypto as your bank.
LeGaulois
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 4065

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:46:12 PM

The day Walmart decides to sell Bitcoin it will be all over the news for over 1 month. It will be a real bomb for the Bitcoin value. I guess you confused with something else. A site selling gift cards for bitcoin, a site buying you Walmart order for bitcoin (a la Purse.io)
The site you mention (bitinstant.com ) is redirecting to https://www.weusecoins.com/en/how-buy-bitcoins-online-best-bitcoin-exchange-rate-bitcoin-price/ listing websites where it's possible to buy bitcoins

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:43:47 AM

thanks

I couldn't find anythnig relating to walmart in the bitinstant site, so not sure if you misread or something.

Anyways no. Walmart does not sell bitcoin directly. However you can always buy walmart gift cards in the US with cash and then later on turn those gift card codes into bitcoin by selling them on paxful/localbitcoins.

Though the rates you get is much worse than if you just bought from an exchange, or even trade p2p with cash. Again, walmart as a service does not support bitcoin/sell it.
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:58:02 AM

thanks
As far as I know Walmart doesn't sell/exchange BTC. And as said by users above bitinstant.com is redirecting. I think what you read about was a Bitcoin ATM in or around Walmart. That seems like the most likely scenario here, You can Google to find more about Bitcoin ATMs near you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: