Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:21:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are We Dead Without China?  (Read 17161 times)
bitorama

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:06:08 PM

according to recent news, I think we will have japan instead of china for bitcoins
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 04:19:50 PM

For me, bitcoin wont die without china, specially this time that btc went up to $5000. Maybe the price would go down but it is also an opportunity to other investors outside china. Therefore the price is expected to go back, and for those who panic sells are now have there regrets but it is not too late . From the news that china wont ban bitcoin and instead regulate it, we can expect that the price would go up to $6000-$6500 before the end of the year.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
dylanc

Activity: 243
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:20:49 PM

I think bitcoin will survive without China. Maybe an underground may emerge from there and thrive. Who knows?
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:26:07 PM

I don't think bitcoin will become dead without China. Bitcoin has been slowly recovering its value and I think it proves that bitcoin has become continuing its existence. And bitcoin has many support in every countries that makes it in demand worldwide. It will continue to grow and will become stronger.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2338
Merit: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:33:09 PM

i can believe we are dead without china the proof bitcoin uprise the value back to the previous market value, bitcoin can't dead without china have more country accept the legality of bitcoin i think bitcoin raised in the other country and get more investor bitcoin popularization goes up in every nation.

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:33:43 PM

China will come back around when they see the money they are missing out on.
johnarce

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:41:10 PM

Two of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges are in China, OKCoin and Huobi. So it would obviously have a big effect.
malboroman

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 04:42:27 PM

Fully agree, but i think there should be actions from other contries first.
daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:05:18 PM

we will not die without china, I am sure with the cryptocurrency catastrophe that fell because of china banned ico this is a temporary thing only. it takes time also for cryptocurrency to return as before

Bakugan

Activity: 260
Merit: 28

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:10:51 PM

China has become the powerhouse for Bitcoin (and the whole cryptocurrency in general) as it is hosting many Bitcoin miners due to cheaper electricity and maybe also cheap labors. China also boasts of probably millions of Bitcoin owners and traders who are influencing the moves of the market on day to-day basis. As far as acceptance of Bitcoin in China, it is comfortably good until such time when the government decided that it is time to intervene.

In general, the Chinese government is not comfortable with Bitcoin as it indeed representing a different currency that they can not control with. since Bitcoin is decentralized it would be hard for the government to make interventions and so they are thinking that maybe it is time to ban it altogether. The government can not kill Bitcoin but what they are doing is actually closing the country as a market for Bitcoin.

So the question is: Can Bitcoin survive without China? In case, it can't then then there is something wrong with it since it is not resilient to ride the big storm it is in.
Of course bitcoin can survive without China because even chinese government oppose with bitcoin chinese people still find a way to use bitcoin. Chinese government can't totally ban bitcoin especially that there are many millionaire in china that may use bitcoin to escape.

Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:18:12 PM

China has become the powerhouse for Bitcoin (and the whole cryptocurrency in general) as it is hosting many Bitcoin miners due to cheaper electricity and maybe also cheap labors. China also boasts of probably millions of Bitcoin owners and traders who are influencing the moves of the market on day to-day basis. As far as acceptance of Bitcoin in China, it is comfortably good until such time when the government decided that it is time to intervene.

In general, the Chinese government is not comfortable with Bitcoin as it indeed representing a different currency that they can not control with. since Bitcoin is decentralized it would be hard for the government to make interventions and so they are thinking that maybe it is time to ban it altogether. The government can not kill Bitcoin but what they are doing is actually closing the country as a market for Bitcoin.

So the question is: Can Bitcoin survive without China? In case, it can't then then there is something wrong with it since it is not resilient to ride the big storm it is in.
Of course bitcoin can survive without China because even chinese government oppose with bitcoin chinese people still find a way to use bitcoin. Chinese government can't totally ban bitcoin especially that there are many millionaire in china that may use bitcoin to escape.
We can't deny the fact that most of the Whales are from China but look on the other side. Bitcoin is not revolving all around in China, there's more countries that has the potential to be the Whales. China is just only one nation and we got a lot of countries that are accepting bitcoin but since the news irrupted that China has been banning their ICO's. Of course the panic is normal but the real deal is on the market because people are on the watch of the market price.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:21:33 PM

I don't think that the Chinese government will ever allow the crypto-currency exchanges to freely operate in mainland China. So what is going to happen is that most of the crypto-enthusiasts will open accounts in various exchanges, which are based in countries such as Hong Kong, South Korea and Japan. In the end, the Chinese government will lose tax revenue.
SushGo

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:26:35 PM

Obviously, bitcoins will be survived without China. Usage of the bitcoins is not limited to any particular country, people from all over the world are active on various bitcoin platforms. There will be a negative effect for some time but it will not affect in the long run.
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:27:56 PM

China is no more the heart of bitcoin environment.Bitcoin now has investors world wide.Despite china's strict actions to ban ICOs and regulate bitcoin exchanges,bitcoin has successfully recovered from price fall and now its $4,000.It clearly shows that there is a huge buy wall for bitcoins.Now,the only field remaining in which china is dominating is mining farms.Soon,it too could change since japan's internet giant GMO has announced that they are going to manufacture their own ASIC miners for mining bitcoin.That would be a great competition for bitmain of china.So,bitcoin could survive successfully.
Rayskiy

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:32:44 PM

China is no more the heart of bitcoin environment.Bitcoin now has investors world wide.Despite china's strict actions to ban ICOs and regulate bitcoin exchanges,bitcoin has successfully recovered from price fall and now its $4,000.It clearly shows that there is a huge buy wall for bitcoins.Now,the only field remaining in which china is dominating is mining farms.Soon,it too could change since japan's internet giant GMO has announced that they are going to manufacture their own ASIC miners for mining bitcoin.That would be a great competition for bitmain of china.So,bitcoin could survive successfully.

China never was a heart bitcoin! It is just a miners heart )))
Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:05:40 PM

I don't understand why there is so much emphasis on China. IMO, Japan is more important than China. Look at the trade volumes. The trade volume in Japan is higher than that from China. Are we giving so much importance to China just because there are a lot of mining farms in that country?
Yamato Tatsuki

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:11:44 PM

Many are against Bitcoin. I thought I made the wrong move in investing here. I was down for few weeks now.

But then Bitcoin survived and starting to rise again even after the Chinese governement carried out a major crackdown. I dont think we are dead without China. Bitcoin will continue. As the history of economics teaches us "capital will always finds a way".

I read that Michelle Mone recently announces the launch of £250million luxury property development in Dubai, priced in bitcoin, claiming the currency is the future.  Cool
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:21:54 PM

I do believe that there will be a great change once bitcoin will run without those Chinese investors due to their volume of holdings of bitcoin which is said millions of bitcoins, but I guess due to its being decentralized bitcoin will not be control and cannot be manage by who ever it is even if Chinese government ban it still they cannot recognized whether the holder of bitcoin is Chinese or not, so I guess we do not need to worry.
ValyLupy

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:53:23 PM

No because price is 4000 again and it is just begin
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:16:06 PM

The crypto-currency world can do without China. To get bitcoin instead of the Chinese are already ready for the Japanese. The corresponding equipment in them is ready and they will do it more qualitatively. The question is how China will already manage without a crypto currency in the case of the introduction there of a ban on trading on the stock exchanges with a long-term crypto currency. This is evidenced by the rate of bitcoin and altcoyn that has begun to rise today in recent days.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: