Bitcoin Forum
November 20, 2017, 12:55:18 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is a GTX 1080Ti still profitable today??  (Read 2115 times)
Crypto Buddy

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 04:49:13 AM

So here is a video I made showing my hashrate and what the ROI looks like with a 1080Ti. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7RvfAEoQSU

These could be the perfect card for gamers who are looking to mine on the side.

My YouTube Channel - http://[Suspicious link removed]/2h75OtD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
szafa

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 05:01:11 AM

What coin are you mine?

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████                █████████     █████████         ███████████
███████                  ███████     ███████             █████████
███████     ████████      ██████     █████      █████      ███████
███████     ████████      ██████     █████     ███████     ███████
███████     ████████     ███████     █████     ███████     ███████
███████                 ████████     █████     ███████     ███████
███████                 ████████     █████     ███████     ███████
███████     ████████     ███████     █████     ███████     ███████
███████     ████████      ██████     █████     ███████     ███████
███████     ████████      ██████     █████      █████      ███████
███████                  ███████     ███████             █████████
███████                █████████     █████████         ███████████
▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Coin

● Official site
● Facebook
● Telegram

PRESALE:
25 September, 2017
rivercityjon

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 05:13:55 AM

That really boils down to the cost of electricity where you are mining and the value of the coin(s) you are mining. So there is no clear answer to that question.
sikkan

Activity: 461

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:01:54 AM

As far as I see it. Skip all the new cards costing several hundred of dollars. If your Mobo support it, and you have fairly cheap electricity a used R9 280x, downvolted can do 280 sols/s @ 130W. and that is for a card that you probably can find for under 100 usd if lucky.

All these new GPUs takes waay too long to ROI. sure, resell value is high...but remember, even the older cards still holds value. Even better, try find a radeon 7990 which is exactly the same as two R9 280x-es. Downvolt to 1000 mvolt and go Smiley

the radeon 7970 is a r9 280x too.

just my 2 cents
Crypto Buddy

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 06:35:43 AM

What coin are you mine?
Zcash you can see my hashrate and pool in the video.

Crypto Buddy

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 07:13:01 AM

As far as I see it. Skip all the new cards costing several hundred of dollars. If your Mobo support it, and you have fairly cheap electricity a used R9 280x, downvolted can do 280 sols/s @ 130W. and that is for a card that you probably can find for under 100 usd if lucky.

All these new GPUs takes waay too long to ROI. sure, resell value is high...but remember, even the older cards still holds value. Even better, try find a radeon 7990 which is exactly the same as two R9 280x-es. Downvolt to 1000 mvolt and go Smiley

just my 2 cents
This is interesting, are running these currently? The revenue before electricity at current rates would be around $300 yearly. The only problem I see is no manufacturer warranty running such an old card used.

Crypto Buddy

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 04:57:03 PM

That really boils down to the cost of electricity where you are mining and the value of the coin(s) you are mining. So there is no clear answer to that question.
Yeah this is a solid point, as long as you don't pay over $.20 for electricity you should be good.

makomako

Activity: 126

altcom Aa4DWXQjrcEA8gPBLkx6t9VgCuWoCo1myE

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:26:04 PM

its all in the whattomine.com no need to complicate things bro Smiley

ipp2

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:21:19 PM

just my 2 cents

shutup shutup shutup  Wink
killerelite

Activity: 171

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:16:24 AM

In my opinion it still is , you just have to
  • Hold what you mine
  • Think before you start mining niche coins
  • Now a days its 2$ per day but if u hold the coins it might be 10$ a day in the future
  • But Right now I don't think its wise /profitable to buy a 1080ti

Crypto Buddy

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 02:27:59 AM

Actually if you watch my video Whattomine.com got the calculation wrong. They estimate 635sol/s for zcash and I get 725sol/s. Check the video.

coinzoid

Activity: 280

Turkish Translation & Localization Expert

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:12:23 AM

Actually if you watch my video Whattomine.com got the calculation wrong. They estimate 635sol/s for zcash and I get 725sol/s. Check the video.

I think 1080ti is still profitable however earnings will depend on your cost of electricity. So, you should use calculators from whattomine or nicehash and see if it works for you.
civilufo

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:30:33 AM

I think 1080ti is still profitable however earnings will depend on your cost of electricity. So, you should use calculators from whattomine or nicehash and see if it works for you.

Yes, I agreed. It is still profitable but it depends very much on your electricity bill. You may use it to mine some potential new coin, which you can get better return in the early days.

ms5

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:02:24 AM

im not sure how to make the most money mining, but I know how to make the most crypto mining!  And 1080ti handles equihash better than others because of the memory.  If I was to set my 1080ti to mine only one coin I'd probably mine HUSH.
puwaha

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:17:12 PM

im not sure how to make the most money mining, but I know how to make the most crypto mining!  And 1080ti handles equihash better than others because of the memory.  If I was to set my 1080ti to mine only one coin I'd probably mine HUSH.

Why Hush, and not the other half-dozen equihash coins?

Crypto Buddy

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 07:59:33 PM

Yeah exactly, Zen and Zcash are good as well though.

civilufo

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 11:04:19 AM

Not really because of memory, but equihash is just an advantage to mine by nvidia cuda. Just like the ethash good for AMD.

Crypto Buddy

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 01:57:34 AM

Not really because of memory, but equihash is just an advantage to mine by nvidia cuda. Just like the ethash good for AMD.
Definitely any Equihash with Nvidia is the way to go. I'm mining Zcash right now because it's the most profitable for me. You can see how much I'm making here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7RvfAEoQSU

yugyug

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:07:15 AM

the only way to profit in this card is through cheap electricity like less than 10 cents per kilowatt hour you are lucky if you can have free electricty like company subsidy or mining in the office. the only stable performance in mining is the power consumption other than that is variable.  Equihash is the only algo that are profitable to mine, unless newer algo releases that are NVIDIA optimized then pump and dump is live again.

crazydane

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:26:49 AM

I'm mining zen on zhash.pro which is a new pool.  I have a total of 13 1080Ti cards and a pair of 1070s.  Running them all at between 70-75% power with core pumped up about +125 and mem about +500.

Here they are:

And they are pulling in about $50 a day.  Here are the actual Bittrex deposits since the 14th when I switched to Zen:

The 14th was a really good day since I was the top miner on the new pool.  Smiley

So a little under $50 per day or about $3.50 per 1080Ti (counting the 2 1070s as a single 1080Ti).  I was using $ 7.45 as the multiplier for ZEN.  It has gone down a little since then.

I have a 20kw solar array, so my net cost per kWh is about $0.06 since I produce about 2,000 kWh per month but consume around 4,000 kWh.  Before I started mining I was building up a bank of kWh with the POCO.  Figured mining would be a good way to burn that bank down.  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.