Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:28:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I wonder...  (Read 265 times)
Bilbo Baggins (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:33:37 AM

Just out of curiosity... lately a lot of threads and posts have popped up about what is happening to bitcoins and altcoins, and what one should do and not to do.

My question is, how much of these replies are an educated guesses? and how much of them are just wishful thinking and speculations?

I already have an idea of what most answers are, just wondering what people think.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4917

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 07:41:57 AM

Just out of curiosity... lately a lot of threads and posts have popped up about what is happening to bitcoins and altcoins, and what one should do and not to do.

My question is, how much of these replies are an educated guesses? and how much of them are just wishful thinking and speculations?

I already have an idea of what most answers are, just wondering what people think.

Since there is no way of telling which way the BTC price will go, i think at least 75% of the answers are wishful thinking and/or speculations... However, there i personally think educated guesses and wishful thinking/speculations are on the same side of the spectrum, the line between those concepts is very, very thin... An educated guess by a normal user will be close to wishful thinking, while an educated guess by somebody who is really knowledgeable is a little bit further away from wishful thinking... It's all in a big grey zone.

I think the best advice anybody can give you is to investigate by yourself, read as much opinions as you can and try to distil any concrete facts from them, then make up your own mind wether or not to sell/buy/hodl... I can only say that i'll be holding on to my coins, i won't buy any extra's, and i'll certainly not use them untill the price rises again... If it never rises, i'll keep my BTC forever...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cryptopreacher

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

https://blog.gohelpfund.com

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 07:43:51 AM

There are patterns, for example you can see more exchanges are being closed down, which means that the price will go down even further.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:48:25 AM

with the recent price spike that nearly brought bitcoin to 5000 usd, there's been a lot more people interested in bitcoin that have found their way to this forum, and in turn, they bring with them their lack of knowledge in bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general. since they clearly cant be bothered to read anything or think for themselves, they just post here so people will feed them information, usually accompanied by the usual FUD spreaders. id say as of late there's been fewer and fewer thought out explanations, and more of just newbies that are pouring out whatever comes to mind, usually just wishful thinking. the rest is just FUD imo. im hoping itll pass pretty soon, which will probably be soon after the price finally stabilizes a bit.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:49:28 AM

Some of us know what the whales are doing. Wallstreet has a term for this "insider trading". Cryptocurrencies do not have this law.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:57:27 AM

Majority of such posts are just guessing, that is my opinion. Thre are maybe just a few people who actually know what is exactly happening and vereything else are just speculations. Also many informations are misleading or interpreted in wrong way so everything here could be some personal opinions and attitudes, whis is perfectly ok, but this is not official and doesn't have to be the real reflection of the situation.

malaj
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:58:44 AM

There is always a speculation everywhere. There is always a debate everywhere. The only thing we need to know is that keep learning about this crypto world and bitcoin. Then we can know what is wrong with the system or what is right to do.

Also, you need to ask a spesific question, not this general confusing question. For example, if you are curious about mining go ask about mining. If you are curious about price, go ask about what you should do. If you are curious about campaign go ask about campaign you want. Dont ask about what is the best to get money. The key is there, you just need to ask the spesific question.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: