Bitcoin Forum
November 20, 2017, 07:55:54 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S9 Power Supply Restricted by Bangalore Customs via DHL  (Read 3249 times)
prabudbz

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:35:04 AM

I ordered 2x APW3+ and 2x APW3++ power supply for Antminer S9 and Antminer L3+ on Jun 22, 2017. The product was shipped via DHL on Aug 21, 2017 and reached bangalore on Aug 23, 2017. From Aug 23, 2017 onwards the product is kept on hold by the bangalore customs for several reasons.

At first the dhl said that the seller(Bitmain) didn't provide proper invoice so the item is kept hold. And asked these details:
Please be informed that the customs has raised a query to provide value proof for clearance, kindly provide us the below mentioned documents for clearance

1.        Manufacturer Global Price List,
        2.        Purchase order (PO) copy, 
        3.        Bank Remittance copy (BRC) along with invoice reference,
        4.        Internet price (As price available India) OR
        5.        Merit Letter (Value enhancement letter).

After that I send them the order details and order paid mail for proof. They took 4 more days to reply and again asked the same thing. I again sent them the order details mail and explaining what the item is.
After that the dhl replied - "There are query from the customs. Please produce   proper invoice with invoice no, sign and payment terms, require technical writ up & enduse & value proof for both shipments for further clearance process."

I asked bitmain for proper invoice and again mailed the dhl with the brief description of the power supply and its enduse. Our customer friendly bitmain replied with the invoice after 7 days.
After that the dhl replied - "We are pleased to inform subjected shipment Bill of Entry [BOE] undergoing Customs Assessment for query reply process and the shipment is expected to clear from the custom in 24-48 hours if no additional queries raised by customs and shipment not marked for Examination."

After couple of days when I contacted them and they told "As per DC instruction they required confirmation from RBI to clear the shipment on BIT COIN.  Shipment will be on Hold until we get confirmation from DC." Its been 4 days since I got this reply. After that there is no response from.

Its been more than 20 days since the product arrived at the bangalore customs via DHL.

Kindly help me to get my products. Is there any proof that RBI or DGFT or Indian Government is telling the bitcoin or cryptocurrency related items are restricted?
Is there any proof that I can show it to them that Antminer or APW3+ power supply is not restricted?
Is there a way to clear my product?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hackermonk

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 05:55:13 PM

Mine is almost same case, shipped on aug 24. I had imported L3+ from bitmain. Bangalore customs is giving absurd reasons and asking for all the details that you mentioned and after providing necessary documents they are not replying. I am really looking to going to customs office and ask for details, they just cant keep items just like that . Its really really frustrating. I see no where its mentioned that importing miners is illegal in india and nor governament has sent any notice . Indian govt has no stance on cryptos as of now, crypto currency is still under assessment process.

However I got my apw++ power suply delivered without any problem, they charged around 4k INR as custom duty.

Please let me know if you find any solution to resolve this problem, i will share mine as well. I am already afraid about demurrage charges which would be around 10k already and god knows still how many days they keep it with them.
arpiz

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:47:17 AM

that is some serious problem going on related to custom imports in india. Without any mentioning in list and still prohibiting miners to pass through. if this goes on like this we would have no option other than to gather all together and file complaint in court for the remedy. Meanwhile i have made a whatssapp group regarding it as we check it much often. You can provide your number and will add you up alongwith others so that we all are aware with the scenario.
hackermonk

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:03:56 AM

another update:

Now i called DHL again, now they are saying further clearance is not possible since goods is declared as used restricted goods. They said that deputy commissioner has stoped from clearance and it cannot be cleared until deputy commissioner ask them to clear. They did not even bother to update this details until I ask them, I am terribly frustrated with custom clearance blackbox and who should be held accountable for this thing? I already lost about 150000 INR on antminer and its power supply. I fear of loosing it for ever.
manav24

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:36:20 AM

another update:

Now i called DHL again, now they are saying further clearance is not possible since goods is declared as used restricted goods. They said that deputy commissioner has stoped from clearance and it cannot be cleared until deputy commissioner ask them to clear. They did not even bother to update this details until I ask them, I am terribly frustrated with custom clearance blackbox and who should be held accountable for this thing? I already lost about 150000 INR on antminer and its power supply. I fear of loosing it for ever.

I think you should put in an RTI asking for details about the restriction on import on Miners so that they give it in writing that they are restrcited by Indian Govt and not by whims of DC as they cannot make their own rules.

Also ask details of total number of Miners and related accessories siezed by customs till now and  how many are allowed.

its easy to file an RTI online these days and cost nothing .

edit*

I just put in a RTI application to clear the overall picture regarding Importing of Asic Miner in Country.

"I want to get information regarding import of Cryptocurrency Mining hardware( Asic Miner, Bitcoin Miner) imported in country, Its just a powerful computer  for fast calculation but still some custom department are not clearing the same and puting it under the restricted item list (Bangalore and Delhi) even though we can buy crytpocurrency freely in country and  it is not illegal and we can easily mine cryptocurrency using simple computers as well.
I want to know.
1. Is powerful Asic coumputer (Miner) in restricted item list of CBEC?

2. if it is restricted than why simple computers like laptop,tabs not restricted as they can be used to mine Cryptocurrency as well?

3. if it is not restricted than how to approach concerned custom department?

4 . How many Asic Miners have been seized by custom till now and under what policy?

5  How many Aisc Miners have been cleared by Department in last 1 year?

6. what is the procedure to deal with restricted Items ? or does it depend on Concerned officer only?

7. what is the duty structure of said Asic Miner?

Thank you"

Bitrated user: manav24.
dwink

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:49:38 AM

Great... I too was looking around on the RTI website. But I was stuck at the start itself. Which ministry / department did you choose from the drop down list? I couldnt find any department related to customs / import / export. Do they fall under some other parent category? I saw department of commerce there, but seemed a little too broad.

manav24

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:05:46 AM

Great... I too was looking around on the RTI website. But I was stuck at the start itself. Which ministry / department did you choose from the drop down list? I couldnt find any department related to customs / import / export. Do they fall under some other parent category? I saw department of commerce there, but seemed a little too broad.

dont choose rather just type in search window.
its central board of excise and customs under Department of revenue.

shoaib39

Activity: 75

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:40:04 PM

Does anyone Got released any Miner from Custom?
yyuvane

Activity: 73

smart contracts innovations on ethereum blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 03:49:08 PM

Does anyone Got released any Miner from Custom?

OMG !!!

donate  btc :  1NX1KJqpXBTwbLqArpuvFEGR3FiQVcWnE6
prabudbz

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:52:28 PM

I couldn't file RTI, after filling all the details when I click the Make Payment/Submit button the page simply refreshes and staying in the same page and its not submitting. I have tried with IE and chrome, still same results. Anyone submitted RTI?

I have contacted the local DHL office in my city(Salem, Tamil Nadu) and they spoked to someone in customs clearance department. They told me that RBI have instructed the customs not to clear the products related to bitcoin or cryptocurrencies and they have less chances of clearing the customs and after all the issues if it is cleared they might charge a huge demurrage charges for the delay. These shipments are now under DC control and they require RBI confirmation. I don't know why RBI is doing this, are they are planning to ban other cryptocurrencies and introduce their own cryptocurrency?

Anyone in bangalore if you can kindly meet them in person ask for proper reason. I hope they might respond if we meet them in person.
shoaib39

Activity: 75

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:57:20 PM

This clearance problem in Bangalore only or Other Delhi, Mumbai having this same problem?

Anyone is there from Delhi or Mumbai having same issue, Like Bangalore?
manav24

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:39:24 PM

I couldn't file RTI, after filling all the details when I click the Make Payment/Submit button the page simply refreshes and staying in the same page and its not submitting. I have tried with IE and chrome, still same results. Anyone submitted RTI?

I have contacted the local DHL office in my city(Salem, Tamil Nadu) and they spoked to someone in customs clearance department. They told me that RBI have instructed the customs not to clear the products related to bitcoin or cryptocurrencies and they have less chances of clearing the customs and after all the issues if it is cleared they might charge a huge demurrage charges for the delay. These shipments are now under DC control and they require RBI confirmation. I don't know why RBI is doing this, are they are planning to ban other cryptocurrencies and introduce their own cryptocurrency?

Anyone in bangalore if you can kindly meet them in person ask for proper reason. I hope they might respond if we meet them in person.

remove ? from RTI note as it is not valid character.

yyuvane

Activity: 73

smart contracts innovations on ethereum blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 05:44:06 AM

sent u pm bro..

donate  btc :  1NX1KJqpXBTwbLqArpuvFEGR3FiQVcWnE6
manav24

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:09:32 AM

for bangalore customs you can check query raised here http://bangalorecustoms.gov.in/view_courier.asp

hackermonk

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:35:48 PM

In my case, actually DHL was holding the shipment, if I ask for bill of entry they dont have answer, they lied me everytime i called them. DHL is betraying the people. Guys , antminers are not at all restricted in India by customs and can be imported just like any other electronic items, except that you have to pay duty tax which is about 30%.

You can check your customs clearance details here https://www.icegate.gov.in/enquiryatices/beTrackIces , but for this you need to have bill of entry number from DHL. DHl try to charge more and I suspect that they hold the miner and use it for mining for 1 month or so and then release . DHL lower level employees have found loophole in shipment process I think and starting from customer care guy to person who respond are all connected and lie you about shipment status, this is the truth. Ask them bill of entry number and everything will comeout, they even fake bill of entry paper scanned copy, ask them specifically bill of entry number, they will be caught. I have raised queries in multiple places including their head and RTI and planning to hire a advocate to get back all the losses that I came across.

hope this help someone

manav24

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:59:39 PM

In my case, actually DHL was holding the shipment, if I ask for bill of entry they dont have answer, they lied me everytime i called them. DHL is betraying the people. Guys , antminers are not at all restricted in India by customs and can be imported just like any other electronic items, except that you have to pay duty tax which is about 30%.

You can check your customs clearance details here https://www.icegate.gov.in/enquiryatices/beTrackIces , but for this you need to have bill of entry number from DHL. DHl try to charge more and I suspect that they hold the miner and use it for mining for 1 month or so and then release . DHL lower level employees have found loophole in shipment process I think and starting from customer care guy to person who respond are all connected and lie you about shipment status, this is the truth. Ask them bill of entry number and everything will comeout, they even fake bill of entry paper scanned copy, ask them specifically bill of entry number, they will be caught. I have raised queries in multiple places including their head and RTI and planning to hire a advocate to get back all the losses that I came across.

hope this help someone

People here have reported similar issues with UPS as well.

prabudbz

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:10:02 PM

hope this help someone

There is something not right about the issue, I don't know why RBI is not replying to customs for so long. Did the customs really contacted RBI about this or they simply bluffing? My friend's bro is working in customs and he said that if a product stays so long in customs and they wont return or deliver the product. They simply cease it. I am really worried about my shipment, its already 25 days since it has arrived in bangalore customs.
RpsCrypto

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:36:46 PM

Did u file RTI?
prabudbz

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:39:52 PM

Yes, 2 days ago
vinnuDAbhai

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:41:08 PM

Dear all

My shipment L3+ from bitmain came to dhl benagluru devanahalli customs on 30.08.2107 . Ups courier clearence asked for KYC,
AFTER giving kyc they asked me for purchase order .then they asked payment proof. i showed them BTC payment proof. they asked me for RBI LETTER.
i told them that since the payment is done through BTc .bank doesnt give RBi clearence. and RBI till now has not regulated using btc in india. if btc was regulated in india why does zebpay and unocoin not banned.i have bought btc from zebpay using bank transfer.customs dc is not agreeing to clear the shipment . I personally met customs dc which is located in bengaluru DC located near Airport. He told right now all the shipments are blocked as per his higher authority from 30th august and he is waiting for RBI circular. Till he gets order to clear Antminer and PSU's .its almost 20 days and they are not able to clear this shipments.. iam afraid of loosing money and they may charge heavy penalty for storage charges. Also my 3 nos  d3 shipment will arrive on nov 1st week. Pls  let me know if only bangalore customs are keeping hold or even mumbai. if mumbai shipments are getting cleared im thinking to divert the shipment to mumbai and then i will collect it so i can minimize my losses.

So please let me know mumbai people are facing similar issues or its only in bengaluru or thoughout india.
u may mail me on vinnubhai@gmail.com. or may call my no 8105802750.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.