Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:47:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized ICOs??? The new solution to regulation?  (Read 418 times)
gaming-stars (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:25:47 PM

Hi guys,

I came across some new projects that will do dICOs (decentralized Initial Coin Offerings)...

Sounds super interesting and is targeting to overcome Chinese or other government regulation attempts.

Basically, it is a way to do an ICO in a decentralized way. So, without a central party like Waves or Ethereum and anonymous!

Please share your opinions and if someone has great links, please share your stuff.

I will def. read about it more in the future and believe that it needs one big dICO and then this way of crowdfunding will become super big!!!

The whole world as we know it is currently changing and we are part of it :-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:45:16 PM

This is very interesting way of ICO (r)evolution indeed. I'd be glad if it would be true.
But don't you think that it will be looked like some kind of black market ICO? It would attract big money as well as attention of special services like the CIA.
But technically it can be realized.

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
quantum

Activity: 108
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:13:55 PM

Now ICO is also quite decentralized and anonymous. You can just send your ether from your wallet to ICO smartcontract and get back tokes
mangodream

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:15:25 PM

Have a look here : https://www.cryptoninjas.net/2017/09/13/blockchain-platform-komodo-introduces-decentralized-icos-major-developments-underway/
cryptonianz

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:30:38 PM

You should be picky but in the end, most succesfull ICO's at some point when those enter a platform they usually go 5x the price!

My idea is to simply invest in alot of them ( small budget to each ) just to be sure!
peschi

Activity: 355

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:34:01 PM

An other way is if you just accept the regulations and prepare you ICO according to local laws.
I think ICOs according law are more trustful and will be preferred from investors.

Scammers will use decentralized ICOs and make them less trustful.

crazylikeafox

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:45:13 PM

Only scammers would be using this Decentralized ICO because if people would really want to prove they really want to go for an ICO they wouldn't be afraid to pass the regulations that would also get them the trust from people.
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:05:15 PM

I wonder what China will do when decentralized exchanges really take off (in volume) and ICO's can launch anonymously.  I'm sure China will ban IP addresses and find ways to keep people from using them but anyone can over come those barriers pretty easily.  That's why I think governments will eventually target banks... because in the end, banks are very friendly with governments and right now it's the only way to get crypto into the market in a scalable way.  That's where I'd like to see some innovation; a way to get fiat into crypto without banks.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:08:10 PM

Only scammers would be using this Decentralized ICO because if people would really want to prove they really want to go for an ICO they wouldn't be afraid to pass the regulations that would also get them the trust from people.

but in real world you also can be skamed in IPO. There is no big diffrence - sometimes people have to loose money to be smarter next time.
Over time we will find ways to deal with skamers milestones / excrow stuff like that

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
peschi

Activity: 355

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:05:53 AM

but in real world you also can be skamed in IPO. There is no big diffrence - sometimes people have to loose money to be smarter next time.
Over time we will find ways to deal with skamers milestones / excrow stuff like that

Some people need to get scammed to improve there knowledge. And some people will always be scammed, because the don’t want to learn - that’s why government needs to protect them by regulations.

The less people get scammed the better for crypto. No more bad media attention...

Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:08:41 AM

Air drops are a good way to basically do the same thing
ruffles2016

Activity: 475

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:11:39 AM

I feel like most people wouldn't invest in those type of ICOs. I would personally enjoy it seeing it work but I don't have high hopes. I prefer current type of ether based ICOs.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
viking02

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:12:34 AM

I think it is a great concept. The question is how world community and crypto community will perceive this kind of innovation. I agree with thesis that if there will be at least one successful dICO - the become widespread.

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
blamekarma

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:31:17 AM

Can't ICOs that are listed on some platforms that are not supporting ICOs already just do trading, like have their own users/people from the company sell it at a fixed price on exchanges that do not support ICOs? Has this ever happened before?
moala

Activity: 96

Moirai ICO starts on 10/11/2017

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:40:38 AM

There has to be a team to build the product. So not sure how a decentralized ICO would work

gaming-stars (OP)

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:18:55 AM

Check out Kyber for anonymous ICOs.

They have a nice concept and it is greatly explained in the explainer video

https://kyber.network/

they buy tokens from some ICOs and have them on stock.

people send kyber ETH and get in exchange tokens from the respective ICO - everything without any registration.

I like the concept and am interested if and how that will affect the whole industry, especially in countries like China
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: