Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:22:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't premine, the users will donate if you make a good coin!  (Read 515 times)
ictin (OP)

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:15:32 PM

The title is of course sarcastic. Nevertheless, many users on this forums are saying this.

But let's look at litecoin. Litecoin is the second best crypto currency. There are many users that got rich with lite coin. And as we speak, at this difficulty, there are many users that generate 70 LTC/day.

The fun part start now. The developers are asking for donations to continue the development of the coin. The result? A few of the majors pools have donated some 30 to 70 LTC and one user donated 250 LTC. I think that this every developer dream, to work and develop something, some people sitting on their arses making ten of thousands of dollars, and the devs raising maybe 1000$ to continue the development.

So if anyone will want to make a crypto coin, he can safely quit his job, launch it without premine, because he can always count that the users will donate if the coin is good.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:29:18 PM

The title is of course sarcastic. Nevertheless, many users on this forums are saying this.

But let's look at litecoin. Litecoin is the second best crypto currency. There are many users that got rich with lite coin. And as we speak, at this difficulty, there are many users that generate 70 LTC/day.

The fun part start now. The developers are asking for donations to continue the development of the coin. The result? A few of the majors pools have donated some 30 to 70 LTC and one user donated 250 LTC. I think that this every developer dream, to work and develop something, some people sitting on their arses making ten of thousands of dollars, and the devs raising maybe 1000$ to continue the development.

So if anyone will want to make a crypto coin, he can safely quit his job, launch it without premine, because he can always count that the users will donate if the coin is good.

You have an error. Its only a FEW that have the money. The big fish with the ghs are the ones that made a mint off it. You can not ball all users into it. You think I am willing to part with the 1 LTC a day that I can mine? Fuck you. I am all for the development then again a majority like me need to make SOMETHING.

Its rather easy to figure out who are the few with the high hash. They brag about it to get an edick. Those are the ones you should be talking about not the normal joes with 300 to 1000khash people...

Edit, To show what I mean... i have jumped on a few new coins that came out the last few weeks. Guess how many of those I have mined solo on my own and got shares? Zero. Not one.

I like to point out that for the most part outside of a few people, we dont give a flying fuck if you premine a little as long as its not something like first 100 blocks have 20x reward bullshit. Also be up front you did it. You need that to get the coin rolling like you said with pools and stuff...

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
garumaru

Activity: 163

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:41:52 PM

In most of cases, the dev deserves pre-mine.
But don't lie about it, state what you pre-mined and how you are going to use them.

BTC - 19zLbgtvGUttFiT9LXY8XAw1gGRiwXQap4
DGC - DM2qB66qAetszRtQACX683Vd7Bgd6sUsRB
ictin (OP)

Activity: 258

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:43:45 PM

You have an error. Its only a FEW that have the money. The big fish with the ghs are the ones that made a mint off it. You can not ball all users into it. You think I am willing to part with the 1 LTC a day that I can mine? Fuck you. I am all for the development then again a majority like me need to make SOMETHING.

Its rather easy to figure out who are the few with the high hash. They brag about it to get an edick. Those are the ones you should be talking about not the normal joes with 300 to 1000khash people...

Edit, To show what I mean... i have jumped on a few new coins that came out the last few weeks. Guess how many of those I have mined solo on my own and got shares? Zero. Not one.

I like to point out that for the most part outside of a few people, we dont give a flying fuck if you premine a little as long as its not something like first 100 blocks have 20x reward bullshit. Also be up front you did it. You need that to get the coin rolling like you said with pools and stuff...

Yes, i am not talking about the users that mine a few LTC per day. And i also have some 600 kh/s. But there are the big boys with the big guns, and they are not so few. And usually this are the guys that are screaming premine=scam, and every dev should make the money for their efforts from the donations. And now i see how much this guys are donating.

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:47:31 PM

Yes, i am not talking about the users that mine a few LTC per day. And i also have some 600 kh/s. But there are the big boys with the big guns, and they are not so few. And usually this are the guys that are screaming premine=scam, and every dev should make the money for their efforts from the donations. And now i see how much this guys are donating.

This is true. They either hate that they missed the boat or they did not get enough coin.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: