Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:24:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinCash, will it take over?  (Read 1390 times)
Freddoe (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:32:07 PM

Yes it's a low probarbility but we all need to considure it. It's naiv to think that only BTC will rule. If we keep the marked at a 60-70% BTC dominasion there won't be any room for alts to climb since there are so many new currencies comming out these days. BCH is a part of BTC so in fact the Bitcion name will never go away. But BTC is getting forked more then my wife and this is not healthy for any currency. This wil resolve into influctuation and we will suddeny have 100 different "bitcoins". I'm not a BTC hater or a BCH lover but if the marked want's BCH to be the new BTC it will be.

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
osmo

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:39:00 PM

for now bitcoin cash will not replace bitcoin maybeingin would be the best choice because I think bitcoin cash better than bitcoin according to blogs that I read before on the internet, the deficiency in bitcoin already fixed in bitcoin cash.

beph

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:40:13 PM

It might happen when it gets the same level of exposure AND integration as BTC. Talking about trading pairs, specialized services etc.

I'd say it's possible but I'd give it a few more years at least. The bull runs we're seeing now are the epitome of FOMO and ultimately only serve as a PnD scheme unfortunately, which is why I stay away from the market.
BitcoinLoan

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:57:32 PM

Bitcoincash is good option for invest and look better but i think Bitcoin still is and will be better than BCH
yannick225

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:57:43 PM

Bitcoin has a very big community that supports it, Bitcoincash is new and even if it has advantages that Bitcoin does not have it is still too fast to say that it will replace Bitcoin. I think the 2 cryptocurrency will coexist, Asia prefer Bitcoincash is what explains the huge pump these 2 days, this is by no means a proof that the BitcoinCash will replace Bitcoin.
Bitcoincash will be much more centralized than Bitcoin because of the block size and it will create another problem so I think it would be better for each project to continue to evolve in its direction without pretending to be the replacement of the other.
StratisKing

Activity: 938
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:06:55 PM

BCH has high probability to take over bitcoin in 3 years, if the core team refuses to scale the bitcoin, 1MB with SW is useless, over 110k unconfirmed transactions are there.
turbulence

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:39:12 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2017, 05:56:04 PM by turbulence

BCH has high probability to take over bitcoin in 3 years, if the core team refuses to scale the bitcoin, 1MB with SW is useless, over 110k unconfirmed transactions are there.

exactly. i think these people who blindly trust BTC might get burnt badly by not wanting to face the reality of the problems their "easy money making machine" has. and not to mention that they have no fix to the problems for the foreseeable future

███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
        ▄▄███████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████████
 ████████   ▀██████████▀▄▄▀███████         ███          ███       ▐█▌     █████████████   █████████▄       ███     ███       ███
█████████     ▀████████ ▀▀ ████████        ████        ████       ███     ▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄     ███      ███     ███
█████████  █▄   ▀█▀  ███  █████████        █████      █████      █████         ███        ███      ▀██▌    ███       ███▄ ▄███
█████████  ███▄     ▄███  █████████        ██████    ██████     ██▌ ▐██        ███        ███       ██▌    ███        ███████
█████████  ███▀ ▄█▄ ▀███  █████████        ███▀███▄▄███▀███    ███   ███       ███        ███     ▄███     ███        ███████
█████████  ███  ███  ███  █████████        ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███     ███      ███        ███    ████      ███       ███▀ ▀███
 ███████ ▄▄ ██  ▀█▀  ███  ████████         ███    ▀▀    ███  ███       ███     ███        ███     ▀███     ███      ███     ███
  ██████▄▀▀▄███▄   ▄████  ███████          ███          ███  ██         ██     ███        ███       ███    ███     ███       ███
    ███████████████████████████
      ███████████████████████
        ▀▀███████████████▀▀

The Intelligent Blockchain
▬▬  Pre-ICO: January 4th  |  ICO: January 16th

ANN  News  Scene  Showcase
██  Whitepaper:  Bussines | Technical  ██
Facebook  Twitter  Github  Telegram

███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
      ███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
dawoodkhan97

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

LibertyLance - Where Freelancing Meets Blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:32:06 PM

I see a lot of people against Bitcoincash,
but still it doesn't hide the fact that Bitcoin
has some serious scalability issues as it has
a 5 TPS compared to VISA that can process
around 25k TPS.

If Bitcoin needs to be adopted widely we need
to address these issues.

/ / _  LibertyLance  |  First Ever Decentralized Gig Based Marketplace
ANN  Whitepaper  One Pager   ▬▬▬  SUBSCRIBE NOW  ▬▬▬   Twitter  Facebook  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Private Sale Starts on May 29th   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
serian

Activity: 195
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:41:45 PM

I think 3 years too far. But yes sooner or later will take over BTC. It got people a lot of attention last weekend.

MidKnight

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:09:23 AM

Take over? In your dreams maybe. OP is too ambitious to think this to happen. Remove the name bitcoin from it then it's just worthless. It can't even defeat ethereum in the second spot  and replace it all the way.
legenduim

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:57:07 AM

Comparing story of Ethereum and Ethereum Classic, I think BCH become much higher than BTC in the next few years. Some brave experts declare BCH will displace BTC at all. Of course this isn’t the matter of near future time.
Freddoe (OP)

Activity: 168

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:34:04 PM

Comparing story of Ethereum and Ethereum Classic, I think BCH become much higher than BTC in the next few years. Some brave experts declare BCH will displace BTC at all. Of course this isn’t the matter of near future time.

No it's not in the near future, but if we can "see" it now maybe we can join the gravytrain this time. I'm stil mad at myself since I didn't buy BTC when I first heard of it.

okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:47:09 PM

I don't think bitcoin cash can take over bitcoin as we are still far from that. I have been following the price of both the core and cash and I think we would ever see bitcoin core stand as a gold standard for others altcoins. The bitcoin cash is just the political sectors of cryptocurrency.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 08:49:29 PM

If you compare ETH with ETC, how on earth are you coming to the conclusion that BCH will replace BTC and that too over an arbitrary 5 year time frame? How many developers are working on BCH to advance it forward more than BTC over the next 5 years? What types of features will you see in BCH in that time frame?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: