Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:31:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: starting a bitcoin exchange  (Read 1302 times)
BiggarTee (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:57:14 AM

Anyone who can help with good information on how to start a bitcoin/altcoin exchange.

biggest thing I would like to know is where to source for bitcoins, or is there a way we can be affiliates with bitcoin.org so when users on our platform buy bitcoins we are provided with bitcoins from any other source or bitcoin.org is this possible.

Thanks for your help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bittraffic

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:26:49 AM

You will need a lot of money upon starting an exchange. You will need a huge budget for security which you will also need some professionals to employ for its hardening. Partnering up with reputable people who have done it before should be able to help you. I once plan to have my own too. Have you tried checking an exchange script?
Maymun_lavigne

Activity: 434
Merit: 126

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:36:56 PM

Start for trading , First you must registration on exchanger. ( Example : poloniex , bittrex )
Second , you must verification your data self. ( For security )
Third , you must have money / FIAT for trading.
Happy trading  guys.
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 04:48:17 PM

Anyone who can help with good information on how to start a bitcoin/altcoin exchange.

biggest thing I would like to know is where to source for bitcoins, or is there a way we can be affiliates with bitcoin.org so when users on our platform buy bitcoins we are provided with bitcoins from any other source or bitcoin.org is this possible.

Thanks for your help.

You need a lot of money, not only some bitcoins to sell to the buyers, you need to invest on security. If you don't have a good group of coders you can loose all your bitcoins on a stupid bug. Isn't easy to start a new exchange.
Its easier if you start a website about bitcoins with a banner to others exchanges, you can receive an small affiliate comision.
eth888

Activity: 81

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 06:09:32 PM

It is nowadays a really complicated business. The competition is very keen. If gonna be one of their competitors, why not creating something that live on those platforms? Like a tool to figure out the most competitive rate which exchange offers at the moment.
bittraffic

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:23:48 PM

Have you also seen this kind of exchange already? -- https://nexchange.io  anyone tried this too?
This is kinda simple exchange, sort of a just buying and selling tokens only which made me curious whether how it works and did these guys earn well from the users.
BiggarTee (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:21:19 AM

Thanks guys, even though no one told me where and how to source for bitcoins. wanted to know if there was an integration I can have on my exchange where i can source bitcoins for my users and i charge a fee for that.

I will check out the exchange script thanks @bittraffic
VladislavP

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:54:27 AM

I can advise some guys who create cryptocurrency exchanges from the scratch. PM me.
miguelmorales85

Activity: 544
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:27:10 PM

another interesting thing about an exchange is the possibilty to do what I call an exchange 2.0
What I mean is a transparent exchange which makes transaction directly between users with only the interaction of the exchange in the means of a 3-way transaction. the exchange will only intervene when theres a conflict between some of the parts by either accepting the transaction or denying it.
think about it
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:09:19 PM

Buddy if you want to make a bitcoin exchange, I suggest you to contact bitdeal.net. They provide or make the script from scratch according to your idea. But they charge around 4000 usd for their script. If you are ok with the budget, you can contact them. They have made so many exchange scripts which are up and still running without any problems. And for the source , you just make live trading bitcoin exchange . In that case you don't have to stock bitcoins in your wallet.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:44:39 PM

Start for trading , First you must registration on exchanger. ( Example : poloniex , bittrex )
Second , you must verification your data self. ( For security )
Third , you must have money / FIAT for trading.
Happy trading  guys.
You are not actually answering the question been asked on here on which op did not asked on how to make tradings which he do ask rather on how to build an exchange and just others said here you would really need huge money on here knowing that exchange business is not a joke.You would really need to team up with reputable persons and also making your site have tight security a good team which would able to handle the duties and responsibilities on running an exchange and there are lots to consider first.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:17:59 PM

Huh, you gave yourself a hard goal, it's not easy these days to start and run the exchanger. The competition is big, you will need large starting capital, competent experts and excellent technical support. I believe this is not easy to achieve and even harder is to survive on the market. Good luck!

malaj
PokerDiceMan

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:41:56 PM

the first you must expert about programing
without skill only buy script, is easy hack and not secure youre exchanger

and then you must big money, without big money is very dificult can get much trader trading in youre site

except you only exchange without trade , this mean personal exchange, same service with unichange.me

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
mart_got

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 02:04:42 PM

I found this article very useful for me - http://merehead.com/blog/how-build-cryptocurrency-exchange-software/. The main and starting point is company registration and target countries. Choose them carefully as there are a lot of pitfalls like KYC and AML. After it, as already mentioned above you need to choose fiat currencies
garlex

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:18:07 AM

I am also starting an exchange. We're quite a way through, will probably be finished this month. Drop me a message if you want to share ideas.
Gayathri Osiz

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:30:52 AM

Thanks for your help.

Hi

Greetings for the day!

Is your project still open?

If so PM me to discuss in detail.
digitalmind

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:29:54 PM

Just starting another exchange may not be a good idea even ... there are so many others. first you need to work out your USP unique selling proposition that why people need your exchange then build a team to buil the exchange perhaps by launching your own ICO ....
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:43:44 PM

Thanks for your help.
In theory then you must have a very large capital to be able to make an exchange. In addition you should also have a strong team that can be trusted to provide the best for the development of the exchange. Everyone should have good competence and also good professional. Because you will be risking all the money owned by the user, so security becomes a very important part in order to give public confidence to the exchange. Believe that you can only do that when you have a lot of money and also experience / skills that will help you realize all those dreams.
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:21:13 PM

Welcome to ctypto world. To start trading you must have enough money and also vast knowledge about trading. There are minimum 100 exchangers where you can open account and start trade. you can also focus at coinmarketcap. best of luck.
artkrasil

Activity: 17
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:48:43 PM
Merited by acarli (1)

Thanks for your help.

Nice question. Its very complicated business.
Currently at the market there are more about 200 exchanges and only 10-15 with big amount of users and liquidity.
If you want to make your own exchange, you have a several options:
1) You can buy a white-label system with performance similar to cryptocurrency exchanges, that are in the second hundred of existing cryptocurrency exchanges. It will cost you thousands of dollars (except liquidity program).
2) You can hire developers, product architects and develop you own product. It will cost you millions od dollars. But it could be better if you find people who already made some exchanges.
Both options need a liquidity program. You have to pay to liquidity provider for crypto and fiat liquidity.
But prepare for a long and difficult work)
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: