Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:01:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you read ICOs white paper before investing?  (Read 3612 times)
JohnSnowSand (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:35:57 AM

I see a lot of people that do not bother to read the paper,
I try to do max due deligence before buying any coin.

What about you?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Allan Ramanda

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:52:00 AM

of course, when it comes to money, every business I do in bitcoin must be careful, let alone to join and invest in ico should be careful, because there are so many scams in the ico.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:52:07 AM

What about you?

I am pretty conservative when it comes to ICOs and feel 99% of them are little more than outright scams. Sure they make short-term money due to speculation, but so do Ponzi schemes which most of these ICOs basically are.

For the couple of ICOs that I do think might be legit and I have invested in, yes I not only read the whitepaper but take time to research the team or company as much as possible. Do they actually have a marketable idea or plan that has value? Does this idea or plan benefit or is hurt by making an ICO? Is the ICO capped and are the funds they are asking for in-line with the project? Questions like these I ask myself before jumping in and risking my money.

Once I do decide to buy into an ICO, I also am in no hurry to cash out and look at any investments as just that a long term investment in a great company or idea. Too many people simply buy in to cash out the second it hits an exchange for a little profit. While I do take advantage of any very profitable opportunities, say the value goes up 10x I will cash out my initial investment and let the rest ride, I still am in it for the long haul and not just the 2-3 months. If an idea is really viable and sound, there is no reason it cannot return 100x over time.
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:26:34 AM

Reading the Whitepaper is a must. You have to understand what you're investing in and how it's going to make you any money afterwards. However the Whitepaper is not the only important thing. There are many factors at work, the composition and experience of the team, social media campaigns, the desired amount they want to raise, the supply of the token and its utility etc.
If you invest blindly because someone whom you don't know told you so, you're going to have a bad time.
fuqdisshite

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:33:33 AM

What about you?

If you don't even read the paper, you're gambling, not investing.
jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 08:44:31 AM

I always read white paper of the ICO, which i find interested to invest and if satisfied with their project and find it can generate good income in future, then i invest in that ICO. Through white paper, you know many things about the concept and future plannings, how they generate revenue. What you can earn, if you buy.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
MatrixMining

Activity: 169

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:51:05 AM

Of course you must read the white paper. There's a lot of investors who don't bother and then they are surprised that they invested in some crap that will never have any value. But it's their own fault.
TimeHacker

Activity: 521
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 09:02:02 AM

As was said above, anybody who doesn't read the white paper before investing is actually just gambling. If you're risking $10 it doesn't matter that much, but investing let's say $10.000 and not taking the 30 minutes to read the white paper is a good way to get poor.
Even when participating in a bounty program it's good to read it, to know if it's worth it to spend some time on the project.

CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 09:04:53 AM

of course I will read  whitepaper before investing in ICO
because  I will find out the project information, such as project goals, benefits for investors, details on token distribution, team information, etc. And complete information is available at whitepaper
addias

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 09:07:54 AM

I didn’t use to do it a lot before. Now, I am doing it every time invest in an ICO. Basically, I am looking at the idea and how is the token going to be used.
moamin77

Activity: 310
Merit: 102

JACS.tech

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 09:42:07 AM

Yes, for sure
Regardless of all the lights on EOS, I've read every word in its whitepaper before I participated in its early stage ICO

SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:06:11 AM

I really think we are in a bubble, because all cryptocurrencies are rising in price, and people have a feeling that they will always grow. Many projects raise more money than it is possible even with venture funding, and sometimes the usefulness of the project and its ability to raise money too far away from each other. In addition, this market is still young, and people still don't know how to distinguish the viable projects from those that are hopeless. I'm agree with others that investing in an ICO just to invest is just a gambling mixed with freezing and big expectations. I always read all possible information before to invest, to read comments of other people is also every helpful to make a decision.
PANK21

Activity: 342
Merit: 108

Bounty Detective

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:54:47 AM

Yes of course i read ICOs white paper before investing because its important to know what your investing in and also its important to know what are they promoting and why . Also you can be updated once youve read the paper because you will the site and what updates there will be. It is also telling the start and the end of the project.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
george_crypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:56:40 AM

Gotta read it. I'm trying to read most of the projects.
Make research about the team, advisors. Check out the competitors performance. Lots of things needed to be for a good investment. WP is not enough.
But I'm not sure lots of people doing these.
2Pac

Activity: 749
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 11:13:34 AM

Yes of course, everybody should read the whitepaper before investing.
It is really important and necessary to understand the idea, project, token and all system with details.

instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 11:16:27 AM

What about you?

Not only do I thoroughly read the Whitepaper of a project that got my attention but I also carefully observe the community that is emerging around that project.

maurobiasolo

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

http://scientificcoin.com/

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 11:21:01 AM

I would say that reading the white paper is a "must do" thing before investing. By the way, many professional investors claim that white paper are not exactly what they expect. That is, someone prefers a deck, other a business model canvas and so on. I think it mostly depends on your habits.
Actually, white papers are simply another way to explain how your business work

SCIENTIFICCOIN - platform for scientific projects with decentralized evaluation

TelegramFacebookTwitter ‖   PLATFORM   ‖ RedditMediumWhitepaper
TK14

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 11:25:05 AM

it's very risky to invest without reading whitepaper
zoy88

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 11:26:27 AM

no. l don't read icos.... is that important ? Kiss
vvadym

Activity: 282

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 11:33:48 AM

Reading the whitepaper is the first thing you have to do before investing. It is really important to understand the project and the idea of it. There are a lot of scams too. Everybody has to be accurate, not to lose assets.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: