Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:26:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe bitcoin is the invention of the century?
Yes
No
Both
Not Sure

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is the invention of the century!  (Read 2982 times)
Cryptogott

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 12:30:43 PM

It is funny those who don't understand bitcoin are bashing it the most and when they do understand, they are turned into the most hardcore fans. Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 12:30:48 PM

The century just started and you already call Bitcoin the invention of the century Huh

Really disruptive inventions usually take some decades to come to life to the general public and usually are known only for experts if not totally secret when they are born. For example: electricity, the atomic bomb, internet, smartphones, flying applied to war and transport, caravels, and so on.

I think, with all respect, that all the inventions above have been more disruptive than Bitcoin  and I doubt there are no similar things(in terms of disruptiviness, if the word exists at all)  being developed now, but still invisible to the public.
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 12:47:53 PM

I agree with that. In fact, bitcoin made transactions convenient. Currencies are bypassed which in return offer small fees compared to other money remittances and you can send without your personal details being wrecked. It is indeed a brilliant invention.

jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 12:59:32 PM

Yes it is invention of the century until something new happen in technology world.
Many many thanks to satoshi nakamoto who gave us bitcoins.

bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 01:12:57 PM

Blockchain is the best invention so far for this century. Let us wait and see if there will be a better invention. There are lots of promising invention that is being research right now. If those comes to reality, it may overshadow bitcoin.
Diego_Armando

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 01:23:41 PM

Never think of it as the invention of the century .. what about smart phones?
its more of an idea, a philosophy ..
jilani

Activity: 244

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 01:30:56 PM

Actually i believe Bitcoin is very strong currency over the wrold wide.I hope everybody agree with me.It is very difficult to predict BTC is the invention of the century but i believe in my heart its possible to invention of the century.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2144

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:13:24 PM

I can't agree with your statement for multiple reasons. First, it has only been 17 years of this century, and we don't know what else will be introduced in the future - there are so many possible breakthrough technologies like AI, space travel, fusion power and so on, so it will be to out grandchildren to say what was the invention of century. The invention of 20th century was without a doubt the Internet, because it has radically changed lives of almost all people around the globe, but we don't know yet if Bitcoin will be able to do so - it's not entirely clear if mass adoption will be reached or how much people will be actively using Bitcoin.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:16:55 PM

Never think of it as the invention of the century .. what about smart phones?
its more of an idea, a philosophy ..

Smart phones are an invention from the 20th century that only got popular in this century, a good exemple of what I said. According to Wikipedia they got patented in 1994, but since Nikola Tesla himself conceptualized them much before.
sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:41:04 PM

Bitcoin vaults can be considered as one of the great phantoms of the 21st century
It will go along with this industry revolution 4.0
I would like to be nominated for an economic bobel award for the person who devised Bitcoin
nComment32

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:43:12 PM

Bitcoin was invented to disrupt "PayPal" because paypal was built on an idea of centralization which is not helping people from other countries. Yet, bitcoin has restored that very stolen idea of decentralization and freedom to the people. People are now using bitcoin all over the world because it's fast, secure, decentralized, and low fees in-terms of transferring value between two parties. Finally, but not least... Bitcoins has changed many people lives more than anything since the invention of the internet!

What is your thought about this? Share with us what you think. Smiley

I think bitcoin was a great invention, but what we see next built on blockchain technology will really be the inventions of the century. Ethereum is off to a great start.
sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:43:21 PM

I can't agree with your statement for multiple reasons. First, it has only been 17 years of this century, and we don't know what else will be introduced in the future - there are so many possible breakthrough technologies like AI, space travel, fusion power and so on, so it will be to out grandchildren to say what was the invention of century. The invention of 20th century was without a doubt the Internet, because it has radically changed lives of almost all people around the globe, but we don't know yet if Bitcoin will be able to do so - it's not entirely clear if mass adoption will be reached or how much people will be actively using Bitcoin.
I just wrote an answer that bitcoin is a great mystery of the century
I forgot that this century was only 17/100 years
In 83 years there are so many things that we can not think about now
Thank you for this reminder
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 04:44:57 PM

Bitcoin was invented to disrupt "PayPal" because paypal was built on an idea of centralization which is not helping people from other countries. Yet, bitcoin has restored that very stolen idea of decentralization and freedom to the people. People are now using bitcoin all over the world because it's fast, secure, decentralized, and low fees in-terms of transferring value between two parties. Finally, but not least... Bitcoins has changed many people lives more than anything since the invention of the internet!

I think bitcoin was a great invention, but what we see next built on blockchain technology will really be the inventions of the century. Ethereum is off to a great start.

Well ethereum and the likes that are yet to surface are all Altcoins and they cannot compare to Bitcoin. There's nothing to be built apart from what Bitcoin has established and it is the reason why I agree with the OP that it is the invention of the century.
Fancyax

Activity: 196

Personal Text: Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 04:53:29 PM

Bitcoin and blockchain are great new technologies but for the invention of the century i prefer counting medical and environmental inventions.
We can leave without blockchains but medical inventions are vital for us  Grin

pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:02:15 PM

I think it is. Things that we hear of like electric cars have been around for at least 20 years. The Internet was big, but it's a thing of the 20th century. Bitcoin will be the thing that changes 21st century.
It's important to say that Bitcoin isn't as big as Blockchain. Bitcoin uses blockchain, but blockchain can be used for many other things like voting, confirming gambling rolls, signing messages and more.
rivoke
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:05:59 PM

Bitcoin is an unique thing in this digital era. It can be use as investment and also currency so people may interest this one since this world getting advance and they want something fast especially when they are doing transaction.
Once they know how to trade and gamble , they are figure it out how to open business with bitcoin for more profit
AlienSeeker

Activity: 360

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:32:11 PM

Bitcoin became a great break through in the internet, but I don't agree that it has been the invention of the century. I am rooting for the medical department engineering and for other sciences to create an invention or innovation of our current technologies. I think bitcoin is not yet the "invention of century", like what you have said.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:42:17 PM

Bitcoin and blockchain are great new technologies but for the invention of the century i prefer counting medical and environmental inventions.
We can leave without blockchains but medical inventions are vital for us  Grin

So can you be specific with your medical invention that you think trumps Bitcoin?  Currently you ban live without Bitcoin but a time is coming when Bitcoin will be widely used because of security which fiats cannot guarantee because people can easily print money to be spent but it isn't possible with Bitcoin.
commanderbitcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:43:44 PM

I believe Bitcoin is not the best invention of the century because there will be more inventions to come up on the following years. But if you will say "One of the best invention in the century" maybe i would agree.

Laergan

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:14:10 PM

Bitcoin most definitely is not and will not be the invention of the century. Technology is catching up at lightning speed, and every year that passes, a multitude of ingenious ideas are thought of. What bitcoin will be is one of the life changing inventions that mankind has witnessed. The printing press, the assembly line and first automobile, the internet, now blockchain which is a product of the internet and computers. We no longer have to deal with banks, no more middlemen, we can see all the records for any transaction.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: