Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:22:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Websites and Apps Do You Use to Get Bitcoin/Crypto Info?  (Read 507 times)
tb4eva (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 01:20:51 PM

Hi all,

Being quite new to Bitcoin, I'm wondering which websites and apps you use for info and to keep track of cryptos. I've been trying to learn and so far I like:

1) CoinMarketCap.com for the charts on the main page

2) CryptoCompare.com/coins/ for the easy-to-track price changes

3) Investing.com for their alert system (the analysis section also helps)

Any other recommendations for helpful sites and apps?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 01:45:39 PM

Bitcoin ticker to get information of price on smartphone.
Coinmarketcap and bitstamp to see prices and charts.

The news I get as they are release in the internet with google news
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 01:58:37 PM

I use poloniex.com exchange to get real time update on bitcoin and other supported cryptocurrencies and coinomi for my smartphones. To get updated on cryptocurrency news I use news.bitcoin.com it also have btc and bch prize chart and I also use coindesk.com
intrader

Activity: 659
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:02:06 PM

I am personally didnt trust any bitcoin related apps only using browser to access website like bitcoinwisdom
Funeral Wreaths

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:11:12 PM

I am personally didnt trust any bitcoin related apps only using browser to access website like bitcoinwisdom
same as I do too. for me those third party apps can maybe a cause of trouble or maybe you will have some problems in it, depending on the situation though. as for my references i just try to browse all the way when i got some free time, in order also to read some news not only in bitcoin but some current events happening, whats new and latest updates in our society.
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:14:40 PM

I use coinmarketcap.com to search information about alts and preev for bitcoin price. For the news i don't have a specific website as i like to browse reddit and other site.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:21:31 PM

I like the following site:

https://coinalyze.net/

You can see live prices in real time across a bunch of exchanges for BTC, LTC, Eth, monero, dash and a bunch of others. It also shows changes over 24 hours, 7 days and 30 days. If you day trade, it's really useful.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:34:16 PM

I don't see what harm a well known app from the main app stores can do. I am wary of chrome extensions. People seem a bit too blasé when it comes to installing them and brand new ones regularly pop up on here pushed by nobodies.

This is what I use on a phone for checking alt prices - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coinprices.allexchanges

If I'm on a PC then I'll just go to the exchange.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:55:18 PM

I basically use coinbase app to monitor Bitcoin charts together with ethereum and litecoins. It's simple and easy to unde Stand inbdetails how the price moves on the chart and the relationships we can draw between them using statistical analysis.
SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:57:57 PM

Basically, I am using this forum to know about Crypto Info. Here you can get all the crypto news. Also, you can get it on the google search. Besides that, I am using an android app. The name is Blockfolio. Blocfolio is just awesome.
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:43:45 AM

Hi all,

Being quite new to Bitcoin, I'm wondering which websites and apps you use for info and to keep track of cryptos. I've been trying to learn and so far I like:

Thanks!
Blockfolio is a good app to track cryptocurrencies. You can setup alerts, see the charts and the history of all currencies, you put into your portfolio.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:04:21 AM

Hi all,

Thanks!

I use Coingecko as well because it has more detailed statistics and analysis such as the breakdown of community, developer, general interest of the coin you are looking for and you can rank your coins with these specific categories. It doesn't just look at the market cap alone.

I get my news from coindesk mainly, but there's also cointelegraph and actually a bunch of other sites.

Blockfolio is a good portfolio tracker for all cryptos and fiats as Zocadas said, but they know what they hold and how much you are holding of each coin you list in your portfolio. So be careful if you were going to use it.
treather

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:08:03 AM

Coindesk is the largest bitcoin news media site in the world so you can get all sorts of all useful info from here. Bitcoin News is a better resource for all things bitcoin while coindesk is mostly a news source.

Fidemoga

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:18:19 AM

Hi all,

Thanks!

Blockfolio is a good portfolio tracker for all cryptos and fiats as Zocadas said, but they know what they hold and how much you are holding of each coin you list in your portfolio. So be careful if you were going to use it.
No, blockfolio doesn't need API keys. So noone knows, what you are holding. You can put orders manually in, if you want, but that are worthless informations, because you can put in imaginaire datas. Maybe you thaught on polotracker? It is similar to blockfolio, but works with API keys.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:12:13 AM

Honestly, coinmarketcap is enough for most circumstances. Unless you want to track individual coins with live time trade feeds, then either use coingecko or cryptocompare(personally i prefer the latter since the interface is much nicer).

There is also coincap.io which is owned by the same company as shapeshift. However, no real merits compared to coinmarketcap.

For crypto info i use coindesk. Probably one of the best crypto news services out there. There's also tradingview.com. People can post their opinion about what they think prices are going to go next. But remember, they are opinions and most are biased.

Smiley
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:12:10 PM

Depends what information you are looking for.To be updated on the technical side of the project ,following the projects official blog/website is more than enough.Coinbase ,Reddit are sufficient to keep updated with the latest happenings in the crypto scene.I don’t know about price charts and stuff since they don’t matter.
VanKleiss

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:53:07 PM

Hi all,

Thanks!

when it comes to bitcoin price and news and updates regarding to blockchain technology, bitcoin and other cryptocurrency news I usually go to coindesk.com and probably it is one of the most reliable news source about crypto . actually you already have a list of good sites for informations about crypto but maybe it is much better to add coindesk on your list .
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:43:15 PM

Hi all,

Thanks!

Brother, you do not need to look for more web site you have here now, you have this web site, you have the right place now, just scroll around here so you can know more about crypto currencies here, you can ask questions and be answered directly by those expert here. The sites already listed by you provide extensive information which i think is enough for you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: