Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:48:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what would an alt market independent from bitcoin look like?  (Read 220 times)
European Central Bank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:38:50 PM

It is still the leader of the mainstream currency. The future may be able to pull out of bitcoin's influence, but this year it is not.

i fully expect it to remain dominant, but this thread is about how alts and bitcoin would act without the dependence on bitcoin to access alt markets. bitcoin's necessity for alts is reducing all the time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:01:14 PM

i've seen some talk of binance adding fiat pairs once they're settled in malta, though binance themselves seem to be denying it. you also have bittrex looking into dollars for corporate customers and i expect poloniex may do something with fiat when circle get their act together.

by that point there'll pretty much be no need to use bitcoin as a gateway to any other coin.

so would that make a fundamental change in how the markets interact or do you reckon they'll all still live and die together?
yea, I am trading BNB, its growth is not following the Bitcoin and unexpectedly. Once I bought BNB as it is growing. And at same time all altcoins were pretty low. Now most altcoins are following bitcoin to grow, BNB begins to dump. Maybe it is profitable to trade sometimes with BNB to buy another coins instead of USDT or BTC.
sorrysteve1

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:42:59 PM

i've seen some talk of binance adding fiat pairs once they're settled in malta, though binance themselves seem to be denying it. you also have bittrex looking into dollars for corporate customers and i expect poloniex may do something with fiat when circle get their act together.

by that point there'll pretty much be no need to use bitcoin as a gateway to any other coin.

so would that make a fundamental change in how the markets interact or do you reckon they'll all still live and die together?
yea, I am trading BNB, its growth is not following the Bitcoin and unexpectedly. Once I bought BNB as it is growing. And at same time all altcoins were pretty low. Now most altcoins are following bitcoin to grow, BNB begins to dump. Maybe it is profitable to trade sometimes with BNB to buy another coins instead of USDT or BTC.

BNB isn't following bitcoin lately but overall it is and I can guarantee it will continue to do so. If bitcoin crashes significantly then so will BNB, they are linked indirectly, bitcoin's strength is indicative of the crypto markets strength and that is indicative of binance's success.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:55:04 PM

so that fiat pair, will it strengthen alt, or more fun for bitcoin player? i see btc will more volatile, and it will have effect too for alt but not so extreme like alt independence.
well, indonesian traders in indodax.com prefer fiat pairs than btc pairs. but i think it's depends on how much profit we will get.
Sidiq SP

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:43:26 AM

every stock that I think is interconnected and has rules that are not far away from each other so that it can be said that there is no extraordinary things and corruption from within, then they will live simultaneously and if matipun will die all, depending on this bitcoin whether still have appeal and are in the interest of the community, this is my opinion
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:49:38 PM

If altcoins are directly linked to fiat, I still think that bitcoin will influence the market movements.

Just like how ETH is already traded with USD and other fiat pairs and is mostly independent from bitcoin in terms of exchanging, but still, bitcoin's market movement strongly influence how the ETH markets move still.

As long as bitcoin continues to be the #1 crypto in terms of market cap, alts will continue to crash when BTC crashes, and go up when BTC goes up. If BTC has some sort of bear market, alts won't perform that well either. Whether or not there is a need for BTC as a medium to trade alts or not.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 02:43:49 AM

If Bittrex and Binance actually list a fiat pair, it of course should impact on how alt react on Bitcoin price. Since those exchange has most market volume.  But it won't be significant unless they list all alts-fiat in their market. In fact there are some exchange that list fiat pair like Quoinex.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: