Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:31:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [WARNING] ats tokens scam  (Read 26650 times)
newfulluser

Activity: 267
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:48:39 PM

Nothing received, no one signed up from my house or IP. This compnay is a fucking joke, they sent an email several hours ago saying they have finished paying everyone, but the contract address is still sending tokens, so which one it is?

Punishing the whole community because some idiots cheated isn't fair, there's always people cheating on these things, that's why serious icos hire someone to run the bounty for them and make sure all the entries are legit.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toddy47

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:50:30 PM

Disappointing result, not one I would expect from a "successful" company. They should have planned for "cheaters" to begin with and had a plan to deal with it.
How this has been handled is not very professional and not very transparent. I did hope for the success of the coin, but after this, I would be surprised if it survives.

I missed out on my 400~ ATS, I'm not sure if I am disappointed or not but I will watch carefully at opening price.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MartinTheWanderer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 07:53:10 PM

ROFL - now the Authorship cowards got their official thread locked...

Anyways:

we will not let them easily wiggle out of this.

I just did a very rough estimate, maybe others can chime in with their numbers.

Number of ether accounts that hold ATS tokens right now:   8113

Number of referrals alone from the top 10 referrers that were listed on the Authorship bounty leaderboard: roughly 4000  (number of accumulated points / 75)

Number of investors according to their own site: 1927

So.... how many of the 'little guys' and those who just signed up for the newsletter to get their 75 Tokens in the fake 'bounty program' did they actually pay?

A fraction.

The bullshit newsletter they sent out today shows clearly that their methods to 'identify cheaters' were bogus (e.g. same IP needed for sign-up and withdrawal - in what universe do these jokers live?)

If I say they paid <10% of the people who would have deserved bounty tokens, that would be an already over-optimistic friendly understatement.

Scam artists.
rafalski

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:00:23 PM

thx Martin I wanted to do estimations too, what's more I'm thinking right now what mathematical laws to use to estimate this scam

Firstly I thought they are just stupid and cant make algorithms properly.. but then I thought.. what if they dont have money for gas to send tokens?

And if they dont have money... it's just bunch of scammers that made up a story about fake refferals

As you said they paid out a fraction of bounty

Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:04:13 PM

I don't think the entire project is a scam, I think unfortunately the bounty campaign went wrong.  I didn't receive anything either, it's frustrating, but im not going to go around shouting scam, I'm still hopeful that the platform will redeem this.
kkent

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:05:49 PM

I don't think the entire project is a scam, I think unfortunately the bounty campaign went wrong.  I didn't receive anything either, it's frustrating, but im not going to go around shouting scam, I'm still hopeful that the platform will redeem this.

The fact that they have pulled down the contact information from their website and they sent out an e-mail saying that they are going away for a bit does nothing to help their case though. They also locked the thread when people started accusing them of being scammers.
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:09:47 PM

I don't think the entire project is a scam, I think unfortunately the bounty campaign went wrong.  I didn't receive anything either, it's frustrating, but im not going to go around shouting scam, I'm still hopeful that the platform will redeem this.

The fact that they have pulled down the contact information from their website and they sent out an e-mail saying that they are going away for a bit does nothing to help their case though. They also locked the thread when people started accusing them of being scammers.

Yeah, that's not great i'll give you that.  I don't think it was them, it wasn't a self moderated thread? I think too many people were spamming and it got locked as a result of that. Im just going to wait patiently and see what happens, I think.  I invested quite a lot into this, but I'm not massively worried yet.
gadaffi

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:10:48 PM

My tokens are showing on etherscan.io. Why should I think it's a scam? It's not listed on an exchange yet which takes time. We were all familiar with their road map. It might be a scam but it might not. Be patient. Why would they go to the trouble of explaining all about the distribution etc if it was a scam? Why not just take the money and run?
newfulluser

Activity: 267

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:12:25 PM

My tokens are showing on etherscan.io. Why should I think it's a scam? It's not listed on an exchange yet which takes time. We were all familiar with their road map. It might be a scam but it might not. Be patient. Why would they go to the trouble of explaining all about the distribution etc if it was a scam? Why not just take the money and run?

They paid a really small percent of users.
rafalski

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:13:52 PM

did you see Martin's simple estimation? Top bounties have below them more people than they send token!

So it means only few percent of people get their tokens
MartinTheWanderer

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 08:14:08 PM

'Went wrong'?
Euphemism of the year. Cheesy

They intentionally did not pay out the vast majority (see the numbers couple posts above) of the useful idiots that helped them to promote their ICO.
They invented bogus criteria to label everyone a cheater.
They insulted their (former) supporters in their ridiculous, novel-length emails.

They can not redeem this.

And any author who trusts them with his book would be a fool, just like we were to promote this rip-off.

I supported them wholeheartedly, because as an author and former publisher I thought their basic concept made sense.
But not now after they showed their true colors (and after some more digging in their background, there is a reason they both look like straight out of 'Once Upon a Time in America', LOL)

also this:

Dude. This is your first post, shilling for an obvious rip-off? Ahem...

We have the numbers, the screenshots etc. to back up what we say.

Yes, investors received their tokens.
Yes, a couple people in the bounty program, probably joint venture partners, buddies, etc. were paid.

The rest was not.

Scam.

And regarding the money/ether they raised: wait and see.
ZERO credibility as of now, I would not be surprised if they extended that little 'vacation' they announced, indefinitely...
gadaffi

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:23:47 PM

Can anyone help me by explaining how I move my tokens that I can see in etherscan, to show in my Exodus wallet or myetherwallet? Thanks in advance....much appreciated.
MartinTheWanderer

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 08:27:04 PM

Can anyone help me by explaining how I move my tokens that I can see in etherscan, to show in my Exodus wallet or myetherwallet? Thanks in advance....much appreciated.

please don't try to hijack/water down this thread with support questions.
Anyways, short answer: Exodus does not support these tokens. In MEW or IMToken you have to add them as 'custom token', the process is explained on the Authorship website.
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:34:11 PM

it can be that certain persons will find the " peter "  !  then peter will surely rejoice  Grin
they drink a beer together and then talk intensively about the fraud .
maybe the token will be send afterwards .
P4TRYK

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:39:39 PM

Just chill guys and wait for the official statement.
Why would it be a scam? It would ruin their lifes.
spree

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:42:21 PM

They had to make registration through FB or Twitter (if they really not planned to scam)).Now it really seems like they are out of tokens, think they didn't count for such a big affiliate program )) Obvious, it's incompetence..
synapsisxxx

Activity: 196

Decentralization shall be the end of the Old World

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:45:21 PM

Did not cheat either. Got the boot either way.

In fact I was genuinely interested in ATS as I am a writer and wannabe author, but now with all the red flags, even if they are legit, does put a massive question mark on their operational abilities.

The idea is novel, some other project may excel at this and pick the market. I don't think Authorship can do it, what with such a shady and rocky start.
kaedcoin

Activity: 408

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:51:03 PM

It would ruin their lifes.

How would it ruin their lives ?

BTW, i'm happy i didn't buy 1 ETH to contribute... i almost did it.
I'm just sad about an idea i liked and that they ruined because of their unprofessionnal behavior...
150 ATS tokens "lost", well, that's not a big deal for me but i don't like feeling scammed :/
MartinTheWanderer

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 08:51:41 PM

Just chill guys and wait for the official statement.
Why would it be a scam? It would ruin their lifes.

Another fresh account using his first post to shill for these scam artists... Desperate.  

The official statement is out and was emailed today to all investors and registered users, you funny person.

It was insulting, condescending, arrogant, full of obvious technical incompetence and gave the finger to everyone they cheated.

They never intended to pay out the bounty program, apart from some of their buddies and major players that they probably had some sort of joint venture agreement with.

Ruin their lifes? Well, hope so. As well as their likewise questionable other businesses.

American law is a bitch, and from what I hear several US citizens are preparing legal action.
Together with the total loss of credibility for this or any future project... well, yeah, I would say they fucked up pretty hard.

Probably thought everybody would be easily shamed into silence and they could get away with it.

Not gonna happen.

kaedcoin

Activity: 408

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:53:09 PM

That's funny : my friend, who used my referral link, got his 75 ATS free tokens, while i did'nt. WTF !??
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: