Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:51:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 201 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Experiences with CoinsMarkets.com?  (Read 60625 times)
inheritor

Activity: 161
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:54:24 AM

murdered won't help that situation.
I lost about 7btc and would like whether coins back or his corpse in Amsterdam's criminal news.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chinorots

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:06:34 AM

no more hope? I was here yesterday and pp was saying things are going better. what happen?
Minted Crypto

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:06:46 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 09:21:51 AM by Minted Crypto

From today coinsmarkets becomes CONSMARKETS !
THEY HAVE TO BE FOUND AND BROUGHT TO JUSTICE !

I am not sure what the Holland police looks like ...
May be they will just give us an answer that probably the guy has been stoned for the last 10 days so why do we make such a big deal about it ?

And please stop talking about being patient ! 
Our patience give advantage of the criminal activity we see all around, not just it crypto. Crypto has alway been a feeding ground for scammers and we have to stop that.
salamIRL

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:07:20 AM

check coinsmarkets OPcoin staking wallet , CdBjsQjGHVFYnb6UFD7XmMjQYMpt4duoP1  https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/op-coin/   , 10th Jan 2018 16:32:06 he withdraw 166940 opcoins worth 0.8 btc at that moment. So yeaa , he's just a innocent guy.
NetfetMiningCompany

Activity: 315
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:20:20 AM

Until this guy says something tangible, people have every right to call for his head. There is absolutely no way that he can't do it. Takes 2 seconds, and WAS doing it on his site for a second. People have every right to be pissed and his lack of communication does nothing but reaffirm this fact. Also the defending him cause of age crap is freaking retarded. It doesn't matter if he's 25 or 50. People were way younger and have done way more insane things then this. Think he's pitying the fact that people's lives are affected....Doubt it...Maybe a thought he and there. He would have said something if he did.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
shinedown394

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:31:51 AM

I know how to find them and how to make them pay. I have dealt with their kind before. We most likely will not get our money back. But I guarantee we will get satisfaction. And they will regret it for the rest of their soon to be very miserable lives.  If you wish to participate with me, It will take us all a little contribution. But far less than what these scum of the earth stole from us.  PM me and we can get into details. In this day and age, anyone can be found, and made to pay. True Fact. I know this from experience. Nobody steals from me and gets away with it. EVER.
abahcoin

Activity: 657
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 09:44:53 AM

it seems there is no seriousness of dev coinsmarkets to restore the website to be normal, if they are serious I think within a week everything is over. I expect my money to be withdrawn and I will not use this exhange again

●                     T H O U   F i n a n c e     || |  |   |    High APY Yields                     ●
●            ████  ███  ██  █   THOU FARM   █  ██  ███  ████            ●

●            [ UNISWAP THOU - ETH ]  Whitepaper  ●  Telegram  ●  Discord            ●
shinedown394

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:45:41 AM

As I just said, stop with all the useless banter. Contact me. And I will explain to everyone what needs to be done.  Im hoping this incredible stupid beyond belief would snap out of theire obvious drug induced complete lack of any brain activity, and pay us our money back before it is to late to save them. But I know they will not. For some unbeknownst reason to me or any of my associates, that they are about to ruin their lives over. They will just refuse to make it right. I so pity the fools. But they have 24 hours left. If no retribution still, then the call will be made, and force will be set in motion that neither I, nor anyone, even God himself will be able to prevent.   AAhhh...  such a waste.  Well enjoy your final days thiefs. I honestly feel so sad for what is to come. But you just really really should of just investigated just even a tiny bit whom you decided to steal from and betray on top of it. I shall pray for you. May you find peace in the other world....
shinedown394

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:59:28 AM

They think they are safe, they think they are untraceable. They are laughing at us. Oh the incredible fools the world produces now days. I personally know of a half dozen people that would take pleasure in finding these wastes of skin, and no, not bringing them to justice, No they will just be punished. No courts, no jails, no trials, Only retribution. 3 fold. So party it up my fine young fellas. Soon the party will be over. And what began in your sorry excuses for brains as a dream will soon turn bad, and then from bad to a living nightmare. I/we have given you one last chance. Will you take it? I pray you do. But i am almost certain you still do not believe. Hence you will not. And proceed to ruin your still yet young lives. That is it. I am done. You have 24 hours. Choose well Wink
ElegantCy

Activity: 424

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:10:01 AM

The upside to the exchange is it's ability to stake your stackable coins. They attach your account to one IP address, you will be lucky if it's your personal IP, otherwise you have to go use that particular IP when attempting to gain access into your account. They make life difficult for you if you are using any other IP address, simply have an email 2fa can save one from all these stress, but they refuse to use 2fa.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:40:15 AM

There is absolutely no reason at all for the lack of communication if things are okay, the only option I see is that the sh*t has hit the fan in one way or another.

If he's not running off with the money then I expect either a hack or system issue that has resulted in a loss of access to wallets or similar. There is absolutely no reason we wouldn't get an update if things were okay.

Writing off my funds, will check back now and then just in case I'm wrong.

Although I'm not defending coinsmarkets. Bittrex disabled and unverified pretty much all their accounts and they were silent about it for months. They had 500k support tickets open and it took them 2 months to make an official statement. This happens to all exchanges, sure coinsmarkets is more shady just like mercatox and others but the big fishes are also just as shady and also lack communication with their customers.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Minted Crypto

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:53:02 AM

This is how it should be professionally done when the exchange is down
https://status.kraken.com/
crisisz

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:56:30 AM

So i have a theory, everybody knows the initial reason we all thought coinsmarket went down in the first place. New ECA customers overloaded the site and caused the damn thing to blow up. Right well after several days of lack of communication I too am beginning to get worried however once checking the block chain and noticing the irregularity in my balance which is listed as a little over 2 btc, i realized that during the day of the actual crash I was selling ECA for litecoin. when I check my litecoin wallet in the block chain it actually says that I have a zero balance. The balance on coinsmarket remains accurate which is a little over 80 litecoins

So from my understanding of this the transactions that happened if you were trading on that day were not correctly updated due to the server overload so although the ledger in coinsmarket is still correct with our balances the blockchain still has yet to receive the accurate data which would cause an even more large amount of mayhem in order for them to fix.

the lack of communication is by far the worst part of the unknown about this. But during my frustration from the early beginnings of the ECA Overload i would send messages to the support and it was always short very low in details and just basically said please dont spam support.

So the dev is getting blasted with so many emails, death threats, you name it, etc... he's probably freaking out, a simple update from something that sounds human would make us all feel a little bit better..

but from how i look at it.. the balances just haven't caught up yet and they do actually have a lot of work to do.

https://live.blockcypher.com/ltc/address/LSw5eeiwXCBBoeNMkk7e5WjSzMRwimnn23/?before=1328702    here is my litecoin wallet which should have 80 coins

https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/address/1JmsctGR1CaG2bY59VY2rmJDGpAGNsCCBh/     here is my bitcoin wallet which shows 2.07 which is the total of my deposits from that day however i currently as on coinsmarket only have .92 btc    

any thoughts on this guys?
Burlz

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:00:40 AM

I understand that the block explorer cannot make changes but is it the accepted true record of where the coins are held - so why cannot the devs in circumstances such as these remove the authority of the exchange to write these records and assign the authority to another exchange that is more reputable
xeTex

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:03:07 AM

So i have a theory, everybody knows the initial reason we all thought coinsmarket went down in the first place. New ECA customers overloaded the site and caused the damn thing to blow up. Right well after several days of lack of communication I too am beginning to get worried however once checking the block chain and noticing the irregularity in my balance which is listed as a little over 2 btc, i realized that during the day of the actual crash I was selling ECA for litecoin. when I check my litecoin wallet in the block chain it actually says that I have a zero balance. The balance on coinsmarket remains accurate which is a little over 80 litecoins

So from my understanding of this the transactions that happened if you were trading on that day were not correctly updated due to the server overload so although the ledger in coinsmarket is still correct with our balances the blockchain still has yet to receive the accurate data which would cause an even more large amount of mayhem in order for them to fix.

the lack of communication is by far the worst part of the unknown about this. But during my frustration from the early beginnings of the ECA Overload i would send messages to the support and it was always short very low in details and just basically said please dont spam support.

So the dev is getting blasted with so many emails, death threats, you name it, etc... he's probably freaking out, a simple update from something that sounds human would make us all feel a little bit better..

but from how i look at it.. the balances just haven't caught up yet and they do actually have a lot of work to do.

https://live.blockcypher.com/ltc/address/LSw5eeiwXCBBoeNMkk7e5WjSzMRwimnn23/?before=1328702    here is my litecoin wallet which should have 80 coins

https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/address/1JmsctGR1CaG2bY59VY2rmJDGpAGNsCCBh/     here is my bitcoin wallet which shows 2.07 which is the total of my deposits from that day however i currently as on coinsmarket only have .92 btc    

I think this is possible. I have the same. I bought some B3 with LTC when the site didnt work well anymore. On the blockchain it said I still have all the LTC but in my wallet on CM I already have the B3. The blockchain of B3 said that there is 0 B3 on that wallet.
crisisz

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:06:52 AM

anyone who has previously dealt with the support knows how short they are in conversation, english also isn't most likely their first language.. My brain can't even comprehend how difficult it would be to clear up this whole mess, but I do believe that realizing the magnitude of the situation breaths gravity into my weightlessness of worry.
l3eix

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:18:45 AM

There is absolutely no reason at all for the lack of communication if things are okay, the only option I see is that the sh*t has hit the fan in one way or another.

If he's not running off with the money then I expect either a hack or system issue that has resulted in a loss of access to wallets or similar. There is absolutely no reason we wouldn't get an update if things were okay.

Although I'm not defending coinsmarkets. Bittrex disabled and unverified pretty much all their accounts and they were silent about it for months. They had 500k support tickets open and it took them 2 months to make an official statement. This happens to all exchanges, sure coinsmarkets is more shady just like mercatox and others but the big fishes are also just as shady and also lack communication with their customers.

I Agree with you, I had 1 BTC on Bittrex and they blocked my account and they didn`t answer me for 2 months.

But this is different, I think they will come back because they doesn`t have any reason to put their profits down because of some coins !
alphaboss

Activity: 65

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:28:12 AM

Not sure when this Bittrex thing you mention happened, but I can log into slack and talk to Bittrex staff with 0 effort, unlike "search party of 4" exchange CoinsMarkets.
centurio18

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:34:33 AM

I think this is possible. I have the same. I bought some B3 with LTC when the site didnt work well anymore. On the blockchain it said I still have all the LTC but in my wallet on CM I already have the B3. The blockchain of B3 said that there is 0 B3 on that wallet.

@crisisz

"when I check my litecoin wallet in the block chain it actually says that I have a zero balance. The balance on coinsmarket remains accurate which is a little over 80 litecoins"

This is the more worrying part. The wallet you see is just an interface to the exchange. It can show you whatever they want it to show you.

Your bitcoin wallet has what you say it has, but maybe if they are stealing, they will leave the btc to last in order to cash out.

@xeTex
If they halted service, they obviously woudn't bother getting the B3 as they can cash out more easily with LTC.

I have no idea what is going on but it looks very bad. The site is now unsecure when you go there - no https so it looks like some kind DNS hijack, or more accurately a staged DNS hijack and twey are robbing all the funds.

Either way, they are either stealing your crednetials when you log in now, or they have complete control anyway so it wouldn't matter. Or, and I hope it'sw this one - they are bogged down with work, but unfortunaltely I just don't see that.

I hope I'm wrong as I have money on there, but it looks bad. The fact that nobody knows who they are, they don't communicate, the site is unsecured and they could be stealing your credentials all points to bad news. In 6 months time, it might look the same as it does now except there will have been activity in the wallets.

@burlz

" I understand that the block explorer cannot make changes but is it the accepted true record of where the coins are held - so why cannot the devs in circumstances such as these remove the authority of the exchange to write these records and assign the authority to another exchange that is more reputable"

That's not whow it works, noone has authority over the blockchain - that's the whole point. It's a big target for organised crime for that reason. Noone can stop them. This isn't VISA

@patel345

Seems like a staged/fake cover for a DNS attack when they are probably carrying out the attack thermselves. BTW, isn't cloudflare centralized. We need to be moving away from this stuff too, towards blockstack etc.

And remember, we don't have the priavate keys to our wallets even if the funds remain there.

This is why we MUST HAVE decentralized exchanges. We need lots of atomic swaps. Technology like 0x, BNT, Loopring and Kyber etc needs to be supported more. If your favorite coin doesn't have atomic swaps on the road map, should it be your favorite?

This is cryptoland - it's the wild west. Don't count on people being brought to justice. It's a hackers paradise.
crisisz

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:48:24 AM

that still wouldn't answer why my bitcoin wallet has a total that I know i don't have in my bitcoin wallet.  I have less than 2 btc, i only uploaded that amount during that day, bought eca with it, traded the eca for litecoins, all of those trades happen during the day the crash happened and haven't been updated correctly, although my intial deposit for btc has, everything else would be correct except for the trades i made, nah man. i think they really are bogged down with work, and unless somebody shows me real proof of my coins being moved everything looks as it should to me.

the no communication part sucks, and i don't know what to do if and when the site gets back up and running because i love to trade on this site, i started with .1 btc and grew it into 5btc. so i will be using it again once it goes back up, only this time when i start to notice glitchy errors i will be moving my money out immediately and will cease all trades.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 201 »
  Print  

Jump to: