Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:49:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know a good project?  (Read 5347 times)
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:15:19 AM

You should read their white paper. If you see that it's just copy paste from other projects, then you should be cautious on joining orinvesting on that project. You should be research deeper because not every details and informations they give are true. Like pictures. Sometimes they use other pictures which are not them just to present to people. So check that also. Every good project have reputable developers. You should check them. They must present a roadmap. Soem scam ICOs are not presenting any roadmap. So beware of that.

ICOs is more risky. So better have a deeper research about the project to avoid losses. ICOs these days are just popping out of nowhere. Some are just so hype but you can't see the uses or value of that project. Now that China ban ICOs only few ICOs i think can make the project successful. Some ICOs will give huge profit from the start but it's being dump later on. That happen too often.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fredemar12

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:26:04 PM

thanks to those who share their experience! for beginners this is important
merj99

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:01:22 PM

you must look into a lot of aspects but the main ones are

1) team (real or not, investigate)
2) whitepaper
3) product (finished or not)
4) use case for product
5) cap and token sale details

I am sure there are few more but those are most important

THIS. 100%
Hach

Activity: 110
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:19:14 PM

To find a good project you need to have a look to dev team history and understand the project goals and the roadmap.

Kurko

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:32:20 PM

Thanks for all the previous replies, trying to learn the methods as well, good points!

Maybe also check any blogs/forums where the project is discussed or any project specific twitters etc. From these sources you can see how much people are talking about the project and what people are thinking about it.
_UrbanLegendz_

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:37:17 PM

Is Satoshi Nakamoto still active as Dev?  Roll Eyes Grin
Zarbout

Activity: 168

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:37:49 PM

There are many websites rating new ico's:
http://www.icorating.com/
http://www.icocountdown.com/
https://www.smithandcrown.com/

elegion

Activity: 108

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:10:57 PM

I usually watch videos on youtube pertaining to the coin that I'm interested in , one of the most informative channels is called, DataDash and Crypt0. You could also read the white paper, but I find that the actual use of the coin is more important. For example, EOS is developed by the creator of Steemit and Golem is a coin that's backed up by a very strong team of devs that are building a decentralized way for everyone to make money from their unused computer power.

Find the best method that will help you not only understand the coin but the company's vision so that you can make the right decision. Again, I personally watch youtube videos by the most trusted tech-minded people in the industry to help me understand all this new tech that's always changing in the crypto-world.

ludbega

Activity: 840
Merit: 659

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 08:25:03 PM

The first step, in my opinion, to qualify a project is:

- Understanding the Blockchain, its peculiarities, its advantages on the fingertips
- Understanding technical constraints
- Understand Ether, Bancor (Smart Contract, Smart Token)
- Read the White Paper
- Watch the team Qualified? Nationality? Past? ... )
- Watch the Roadmap

Have Balls Cheesy

Un tiens vaut mieux que 2 tu l'auras
BitcoinExpart

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:31:47 PM

There only one phrase "research" nothing else. Need to being educated, it's not fair just started. You guys invest exactly what can afford to lose. ICO so risky, get knowledge the overall project to deal it.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
▄███▀                    ▀███▄
███▀       █████            ▀███
███         █████              ███
███        ▄▄█████    ▄█████▀    ███
██        ▄███████  ▄█████▀       ██
███       ▄████████▄█████▀         ███
███       ▀▀▀▀██████████           ███
███      ▄▄▄▄▄███████████          ███
███     ▄███████████▀█████         ███
██    ▄███████████▀  █████        ██
███   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████    █████      ███
███         █████     █████    ███
███▄                        ▄███
▀███▄                    ▄███▀
▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
KRYLL
                ███
                ███
                ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE
▁▁         Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement         ▁▁

███
███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
RenBct

Activity: 233

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:58:15 AM

It is easy if you see their bounty is well made and no negative comments and has a very great ico.

Portfolir Dev

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 12:10:55 PM

you must look into a lot of aspects but the main ones are

1) team (real or not, investigate)
2) whitepaper
3) product (finished or not)
4) use case for product
5) cap and token sale details

I am sure there are few more but those are most important

i would say use case is overlooked way too much these days,
sure short term profits can  be made from trading coins without a future but the real money is made from those with long term potential.
Rotsor

Activity: 309
Merit: 102

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:40:58 PM

The key to  knowing a good project imo is that it has a great dev team with a good track record of doing alutruistic work. This means they are trying to build for the future.

24Kt

Activity: 1092
Merit: 67

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:45:36 PM

many times its simply a judgment call , most coins coining out now are very high risk
cakra

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:03:48 AM

I added bro. if I am looking for a project, I often see from the project manager. such as Sylon for example, the project he brought good and benefit. besides that also often followed by many senior.
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:18:39 AM

I dont suggest a newbie to join ICO, because it is really hard to see a coin is a good project or no, usually people searching for the team developer, the whitepaper and the official site, see how serious the marketing team, but all of them can be made up, so there is still possibility that you can get scammed even after you research all of that properly
DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:07:55 PM

i'm newbie just know cryptocurrency, i have a little money and i really want to income ICO. But a newbie like me will not discern which is a good project. so i hope old member who have experience this will share for me How to know a good project?

If you are a beginner and you want to make big profits from bitcoins right away, you need to invest some money. At your place money would be spent on a good project and the right man who would introduce you to the world of bitcoins.
Anastasiya

Activity: 126

DS Plus support | pluscoin.io

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:57:58 PM

Pay attention to the PlusCoin project. There is a ready-to-use platform, an application - everything functions properly. The idea was successfully accomplished and it is developing, judging by increasing of partners  number of the project and the audience. Moreover, the plans on the future on introduction of new (cool, by the way) functions and opportunities are also stated. I think that it is very perspective.
Official site: https://pluscoin.io/
ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2067375.60
Bounty: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2166783.20

jagmrx

Activity: 193

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:17:24 PM

If it has a good ICO and a good price already raised so that means it can hit it's max cap easily if they are already in a big amount just in the Pre-ICO. and if there are many people joining campaigns. especially when legendary joins.
here every ICO have implementation plan for run project you follow to get indicator success

What project do you mean ? Is it Bounty ? Is it Campaign ? Is it Signature Campaign or Social Media Campaign ?
There are so many project in this forum. If you want to join Signature Campaign, you must see the guides and you will know which one is active and paying. But, not all campaign is written there.. sometimes you can see people with the signature but you never see thread.

Not all ICO or project that promoted by campaign is legit and trusted. Some may be scam one day.
watchurstep45

Activity: 300

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:49:40 AM

to know how good is the project is to check their support and website .
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: