Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:17:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes you invest in an ICO  (Read 2571 times)
Golegard

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:00:01 PM

We all know that before investing we try to see the whitepaper, the team, the website quality, the idea, the social presence..

but in the end of the day, what makes you want to invest in a project?

What is the ticking edge for you?

For their promising words like they will guarantee that your money back. I read the details carefully, I start reading from the team, their experiences, position, achievements and rewards. Next details is the website quality if the informations are already there with a full and clear details. Lastly is being active inside the forum and outside of it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:14:28 PM

Project base, Idea, team and which type of market the project belong to and I usually prefer such projects which are based of highly valuable assets like the recent project I invested in was real-estate blockchain project (ATLANT) which gives an indication that the project will be a huge success in future.
ya thats why we invest in ico, we invest for profit. investing in ico means we expect high profit in long term process

I don't believe in decentralised Real-estate, you can only decentralise so much. Decentralising Real-estate means losing control over quality.
Just because they deal with high value assets doesn't mean they will be succesfull, I think that is a big misunderstanding.
Decentralising government doesn't really work either, you get republics. But then again every governmental structure has flaws. But we can work around that because we are flexible but when it comes to something like Real-Estate where there's no flexibility, there's just am I going to repaint it or not and based on your intention and duration of the hold this will result in yes or no and I think that is harmfull for the industry and consumers alike.
Also in the case of Atlant where you work in a democracy you will have to rely on fellow traders to know what is viable and what is not. And I simply would not trust my peer traders to have sound judgment on real estate, lawyers or anything like that. You need to be very familiar with laws, tax regulations etc for real estate to be profitable or have a good lawyer. For myself I can only really see these projects succeed when you would invest in historically valued buildings such as a castle, windmills, old governmental buildings. But then you'd still be stuck with the costs of renovating.

Blockchain tech is great, amazing and this the core of the revolution you can't tokenize every industry and you would not even want that because it would make a mess of the economy. Though tokenzation of some industry's can he highly beneficial.
But this is just my opinion ofcourse.

I also think some company's aren't directly scamming but are abusing the age of the tech and the ICO structure of fundraising. Wasting investors money and so on, something I haven't noticed attention going to a lot. I also notice there aren't any real marketing researches done, more like; I just lick my finger see what the wind does and follow that.

johnsm79 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 04:59:08 AM

I also think some company's aren't directly scamming but are abusing the age of the tech and the ICO structure of fundraising. Wasting investors money and so on, something I haven't noticed attention going to a lot. I also notice there aren't any real marketing researches done, more like; I just lick my finger see what the wind does and follow that.

Everybody's abusing the system atm..
As to real marketing, most companies are startups, they would not be able to do much more than what we see today due to their low budget.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
jacquelinecr

Activity: 294
Merit: 19

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:42:35 AM

A team knowledge should not rely on just its programming skills. Would you buy an iphone, just because it can do many things?

People in our days want to see design, user friendliness, they want to feel they have some trendy.

If a projects has terrible design (website and whitepaper) I don't mind a simple whitepaper, but at least it has to follow the directional guidelines of a professional booklet.

That makes me tick. Also the token sale process and detailed explanation makes me feel more comfortable if is detailed and friendly explained.

Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:37:18 AM

A team knowledge should not rely on just its programming skills. Would you buy an iphone, just because it can do many things?

People in our days want to see design, user friendliness, they want to feel they have some trendy.

If a projects has terrible design (website and whitepaper) I don't mind a simple whitepaper, but at least it has to follow the directional guidelines of a professional booklet.

That makes me tick. Also the token sale process and detailed explanation makes me feel more comfortable if is detailed and friendly explained.

Agreed because i have bought some tokens on ICO's and i was hesitant at first but thanks the the staff of this forum, they are the ones validating some shady ICOs. I have made some earnings during the release of coins of other ico during the early years and it was really comforting to sell tokens. As u said, upon just viewing there site, it could entail a lot of how the ICO would proceed in the following months.
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 12:39:50 PM

Design may sell, but it is code that makes things go in the long run. You can have many polished turds and people may buy them, but they're still just turds. Trends come and go, good code sticks forever.

P.S. I'd rather get AIDS than buy an iphone.

SIHIN

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:58:34 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2017, 01:46:42 PM by SIHIN

the number of cultivated n that shows that many enthusiasts or investors are joining the project
and it is make me believe on this ico to invest. Just simple way to invest in ico
dego

Activity: 399

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:18:39 PM

Mainly greed...  Cheesy Cheesy
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:40:42 PM

the number of cultivated n that shows that many enthusiasts or investors are joining the project.
This is one of a good point to invest in an ICO for those who invest or joined the project. Mainly the team project, the goal's project, the dev and the marketing thats makes me invest in an ICo. But ofcourse thorough research the whole project is an added to make a decision in investing in an ICO.
johnsm79 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 02:55:04 PM

the number of cultivated n that shows that many enthusiasts or investors are joining the project
and it is make me believe on this ico to invest. Just simple way to invest in ico

the thing is how do you know this information? is there a way to track investors that are joining?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Dot99lr

Activity: 202

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:14:39 PM

Proof of concept. Have you seen their code? Has it been audited? What are they planning on doing after their ICO? What do they even do in the first place? There will always be ICOs that want to just sell you a token and that's the end of it, but the ones that are really worth it are the ones that actually make something. Look at DragonChain, IOTA, and Komodo, these are all making huge leaps tech and will undoubtedly be around for a very long time. Will they make you super rich immediately? Probably not, but they will pay off very well in the long term as the tech that they create becomes more widely implemented.
cryptoadmire

Activity: 160

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:29:28 PM

What i look for in a ICO / Pre-sale

- strong team - not just developers, but also a strong marketing team and a good CEO, bigger the team the better!
- solid whitepaper - Great concept, well written and explains what they are doing. Also realistic targets
- Good social media presence and connectivity - Shows they are interested in the investors and wanting to communicate
-Finite supply - Crunched numbers, made sure that they make sense

Usually i look into these things and then make a decision if i personally like the concept. No point investing if you have no interest at all.
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 06:32:32 PM

The expected profits, the whitepaper and their roadmap, that are the most important things that makes me wonder if should i invest in that ICO or not, i dont like to invest in them, but sometimes they are too god and tentative, and it is like they are screaming "invest in here, please". Most of them invest too much money in marketing, and that is why a lot of them are succesfull.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
johnsm79 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 07:50:14 PM

The expected profits, the whitepaper and their roadmap, that are the most important things that makes me wonder if should i invest in that ICO or not, i dont like to invest in them, but sometimes they are too god and tentative, and it is like they are screaming "invest in here, please". Most of them invest too much money in marketing, and that is why a lot of them are succesfull.

Recently I see ICO's concentrating only on marketing.. everybody has forgotten to deliver a mock-up product, or something... Is normal i guess after all this hype.

BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:57:15 PM

I invest in a project during their ICO because i want to make profit from my investment. Although before i invest my capital into any project i make sure i study there white paper to know whether the project is worth investing or not before i put in my money.
DanWagner

Activity: 214

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:49:11 PM

Is the whitepaper good are the devs trustworthy just things like that...

Do they really need the money they asking for is important i think... to many uncapped ico's raising insane capital they don't need.
oreits11

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 09:05:54 PM

as developer works on manage with the best on competence to shows with the deliverance of service for the public audience
those gives of chance as future investors to gains of attention and grows with the following as extending use as
the decision to goes with the shift on stages as returns with the exchange to improves the limit of disputes as allocation to place of units of investment with the projects.
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 09:07:28 PM

We all know that before investing we try to see the whitepaper, the team, the website quality, the idea, the social presence..

but in the end of the day, what makes you want to invest in a project?

What is the ticking edge for you?

1. Trusted developers.
2. Good road map
3. White paper is realistic
4. There is something that they'll support for the usage of that coin
5. Long term plans
6. Good marketing
johnsm79 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 09:27:16 PM

1. Trusted developers.
2. Good road map
3. White paper is realistic
4. There is something that they'll support for the usage of that coin
5. Long term plans
6. Good marketing

But those are all the thing that influnce an ICO trustworthiness. What makes you tick, what triggers the feeling that you have to take part in that ICO?

Maybe the last investment can help you understand what affected you.

muvie

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:00:29 PM

These are my criterias:
* Team with industry insiders
* Hard cap of the token sale
* Future growth expectations
* Community (Twitter, Slack, Telegram)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print