Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:31:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes you invest in an ICO  (Read 2573 times)
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:09:51 PM

We all know that before investing we try to see the whitepaper, the team, the website quality, the idea, the social presence..

but in the end of the day, what makes you want to invest in a project?

What is the ticking edge for you?

I think we should see at the trust of the ICOs like things because in these days it is not a easy thing to invest in ICOs with blind eyes .
Here personally i invest in that coin which ICOs which have the better economical support ( example of HMQ coin ) .
Second factor that i analyse is experience of the team which is managing the coin and how much is active in the social media to make new new things creative .
White papers like things for me are not big thing to see because i don't think beside the profit we need to make much hard work to understand complicated things .
Just to understand the project and uniqueness in the project of ICOs system are better things to make yourself sure that you want to invest .
Here in the current time we can see that ICOs project are coming in less numbers , so it our need to invest in ICOs  .
Here investment in the coin is also like the investment in coin , so few people usually invest in every ICOs .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sahabat_

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:17:35 PM

which makes me interested to invest in an ICO of course there are many things, and for example is an interesting concept.
then usually I when investing to see how pre sale is done whether the purchase is good or not.
if the pre sale process has not been answered then I wait at the end of ICO and see how it develops

Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:53:28 PM

There's another reason why people makes invest on an ICOs is for getting fast profit. Because participating in ICO there will be a percentage of bonuses on a particular week or day. It's around 40%-50% some even give 100% bonus. Nahh, when ICOs end the exchange place will release and sell it.

vuvanle120

Merit: 250

"Highest ROI crypto infrastructure"

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:19:50 PM

There's another reason why people makes invest on an ICOs is for getting fast profit. Because participating in ICO there will be a percentage of bonuses on a particular week or day. It's around 40%-50% some even give 100% bonus. Nahh, when ICOs end the exchange place will release and sell it.

You get to buy into a good company cheap at the very beginning stage. However, there is risk associated to it. Most ICOs are not good so please do your homework.

Sahabat_

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:40:52 AM

but investing in an ICO is certainly not easy because it has to look for a really good ICO because otherwise we will just lose money.
now choosing a good ICO is very difficult because in addition to many projects that are scam or just deceiving but also a lot of current projects.so maybe investors will be confused choosing so that will impact the shortage of funds needed for a project

irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:29:18 AM

ICO investment is a way to gain profit. Not easy, but we need to work hard to choose a potential project.
some ICOs appear and continue to grow each time. very confused to choose.
if one chooses then it is the biggest risk to invest.
See team and whitepaper before joining, at least we have tried to do our best.
jacquelinecr

Activity: 294
Merit: 19

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:07:52 AM

These are my criterias:
* Team with industry insiders
* Hard cap of the token sale
* Future growth expectations
* Community (Twitter, Slack, Telegram)

How does someone know if there is a team that has the knowledge of the industry?

As for social presence am very influenced atleast the other day a telegram with great activity and support made me look into things deeper.
traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 08:49:02 AM

the only thing that i want to makes investing in an ico is i want to make bigger profit because i know if the ico is success in the roadmap then the coins will be worth. i can said this because i know one of my friend is investing in one ico and after the ico is over, he can make bigger profit than the bitcoin he invested so he can buy something with the money from the profit.
vvadym

Activity: 282

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:01:18 AM

It's a good way to make a profit. And of course get services for lower price.
mangodream

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:19:22 AM

You should check out this link quite interesting. It will give you a good idea to the points to take into account before investing in an ICO: https://cryptopotato.com/10-keys-evaluating-initial-coin-offering-ico-investments/

That's a good list, except I would change the ranking.

Depending on how willing and able a team is to exaggerate or be dishonest, they can make "Team Composition" seem better than it really is.  There are many projects that have stacked the team with many people that have little experience or skill related to cryptos, technology or the business that the project wants to enter.

Depending on how willing and able a team is to exaggerate or be dishonest, they can build more hype than others  Or, they can create fake users and therefore make the community seem more active than justified.

The following should be much more important:

5 – What do they need the token for? Is the blockchain necessary?

Everyone is trying to launch an ICO, and they'll try to put anything and everything onto a blockchain.  Most ICOs' ideas do not need to be on a blockchain.  One ICO is trying to hook up locals with visitors to enhance the travel experience.  Really?  This is a joke.

The following can be misleading:

9 – Quality of the code – Meet Githhub

You'll never know if the code is original or copied.  You'll never know if the team can write software, unless they have software that you can run or use.  Never invest in an ICO that doesn't have software that you can run.  It takes way more skill, work and time to write software than to stack the team, answer questions, hype up the community, creating a video or even writing the white paper.

I totally agree with you! This is a really good comment.
I would add that it's not really easy to check out the software's code if you don't have IT skills. And as you said, the code may be wonderful but just copied/pasted.

As I said in another thread, ICOs are a way to get money so easily and there is such a keen interest in the blockchain that it's enough to say the magical word "decentralized" to attract investors. Even if the project is not innovative at all. Even if the blockchain is not needed.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:22:46 AM

I always look for true team some actual working product and backed by some good ventures if everything looks good and satisfying I will invest in Ico in presale after few days by seeing the transaction in contract address.
Thymoty

Activity: 372

CPLAY Network

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:29:31 AM

belief, read the whitepaper, see the concept, and see if the team is clear, because many projects are good concept, the team is clear but failed because of less investors ..

▀■ ■ ▀▄      ▀ ▀ ▄ ▄██      ► C P L A Y - IDO       ██▄ ▄ ▀ ▀▀      ▄▀ ■ ■▀
ONE ECOSYSTEM FOR ALL YOUR CRYPTO NEEDS
|        App Store        |           Wallet           |        Adstation        |        2FA Shield        |
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:33:34 AM

It seems to me that people in ICO was attracted by the opportunity to earn on speculation. If the creation of bitcoin, the idea was to create another world, ICO has become a pipeline for the production of the pyramids. Though of course they must exist as opposed to bitcoin.
rayneh

Activity: 308

MatrixCoin - Creating Bright Future Together

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:35:31 AM

I have never invest in ICO yes. But Id like to try one day

██████████              █████           
████████████          ███████         
███        █████          ███████         
███        █████          ███████         
████        ██████      █████████       
██████            ██████████      █████████       
█████            ██████            ████        ██      █████████       
█████            ██████            ████        ███  ███████████     
█████            ██████            ████        ███  ███████████     
███                                      █████████████████  ███████████     
███    ███    █████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
███    █████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
█████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
██████            ███      ███████████      ██████████ 
██████            ██          █████████          ██████████
██████████          █████████          ██████████
██████████          █████████          ██████████

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

➤  TWITTER
➤  FACEBOOK
➤  INSTAGRAM
inthelongrun

Activity: 1736
Merit: 593

The Martian Child

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:38:36 AM

We all know that before investing we try to see the whitepaper, the team, the website quality, the idea, the social presence..

but in the end of the day, what makes you want to invest in a project?

What is the ticking edge for you?

The number one reason that makes me invest in an ICO is the future of the project. If I am really convinced of the real purpose of the project, I mean not just in the letters of their whitepaper and their website, but how they would actually implement their entire vision in reality. The problem they want to address in real life is a very important issue for me in an ICO.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:50:42 AM

It seems to me that people in ICO was attracted by the opportunity to earn on speculation. If the creation of bitcoin, the idea was to create another world, ICO has become a pipeline for the production of the pyramids. Though of course they must exist as opposed to bitcoin.
risking from something that they are really aiming to gain some wealth I'm also one of a type of a person which always looking for opportunity and if I got a closer look from some project I will also invest and wait till it will rise then just keep the drill of repeating again and again.
Xixuthrus

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:07:51 AM

The jurisdiction : Not China, the team should be experienced and should comprise as many programmers and sales/business people as possible... The prospects of the project : blockchain should make sense for this project. distribution : most should be alocated to investors and miners, I don't see why the team should recieve so many tokens since they can already get payed alot with the funds collected, they should invest their own money and a little bit of tokens but not more than 10% of the total. Number of people investing... and a good part should be reserved for social media/influencer bounty even a good while after the ICO so the info spreads well... And of course invovation, scalability and incentive for adoption
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:30:24 AM

I always look for true team some actual working product and backed by some good ventures if everything looks good and satisfying I will invest in Ico in presale after few days by seeing the transaction in contract address.
If we feel satisfaction and guarante for investment then that's the time to invest. Most ICO's have a promotional discount at first and that is good because it will attract more investors, but always so research before making any transactions with them.
digital_weezer

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 11:14:33 AM

Firstly the most important aspect is if they coin / token makes sense. If the coin is not needed and they have simply added it to have the ability to raise an ICO, then eventually the project will collapse.

Once you have looked into this, the team, whitepaper and the number chunching to make sure it makes sense.

Lastly their marketing. Are they strong? communicating their concept and idea?

Once you have done your research you will know if it a worthy investment of your time and money.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 11:17:28 AM

You get to buy into a good company cheap at the very beginning stage. However, there is risk associated to it. Most ICOs are not good so please do your homework.

I read the whitepaper, go through the list of people who are involved in it. Check if they are advertising it and if making payment on time without any hassles. What is the coin and its potential to grow in future, what is the company vision  and goals. Is the pricing of the coin reasonable then I do buy some token for the investment purpose.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: