Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:40:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MEC] Megacoin has arrived. Scrypt & Core 0.8.2+ Updates: Chinese Market  (Read 94637 times)
ohiwastedmylif

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 07:06:22 PM

Kimoto

Do you need a new logo or anything?

Willing to give some support if you need any to get this coin the attention it needs .

MΣC | MAvSLa1ZYpk3AsDeqj9njfVkaunJRDu2VZ
http://www.megacoin.co.nz/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 07:11:39 PM

I pm'd Komoto to see his CV.  Given he's a doctor, I assume he has one like all doctors.  No reply so far. 

Is there even a website for this coin?  Any projects on the docket?  A dev team working on the basics, like payment processing?

Another day has passed and still nothing.  No reply, no website, no project announcements, no dev team introductions, nothing...

How are we supposed to educate ourselves about the prospects of a coin and its dev team, as well as the legitimacy of their claims?

So you love using currencies designed for anonyminity, but demand I hand out my resume? Silly game.
Post your name, address and telephone number here in this thread and we'll be in contact shortly.
It doesn't matter what somebody says. Only actions really count. Educate yourself, instead of relying on others to educate you.
Still waiting on an official response as to why your change the port number, clown Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 07:24:18 PM

I pm'd Komoto to see his CV.  Given he's a doctor, I assume he has one like all doctors.  No reply so far. 

Is there even a website for this coin?  Any projects on the docket?  A dev team working on the basics, like payment processing?

Another day has passed and still nothing.  No reply, no website, no project announcements, no dev team introductions, nothing...

How are we supposed to educate ourselves about the prospects of a coin and its dev team, as well as the legitimacy of their claims?

So you love using currencies designed for anonyminity, but demand I hand out my resume? Silly game.
Post your name, address and telephone number here in this thread and we'll be in contact shortly.
It doesn't matter what somebody says. Only actions really count. Educate yourself, instead of relying on others to educate you.
Still waiting on an official response as to why your change the port number, clown Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

how old are you, 12?
BladeRunner

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

Cheif Oompa Loompa.

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 07:26:20 PM

Owned. Wink
faraway

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 07:26:25 PM

Kimoto
            There still seems to be some anomalous behavior with confirmations taking a long time on some of the pools.  Any insight?

TIA,

gox node

If you have issues with push pools. You can use p2pool like the one below. You will get the mined coins once the block is found without further processing delays.

I've added a new p2pool.

Here are the parameters:

cgminer --scrypt -o next.afraid.org:8110 -u yourMEGAaddress -p . --queue 0 -s 1

statistics available here: http://next.afraid.org:8110. This pool uses a PPLNS payout scheme, and is stratum enabled. The PPLNS window is set to only one hour.

2% fee at this time.

----
This one is up, and fully reliable.

The pool is still there and will be maintained.

Fully working and maintained.
kimoto (OP)

Activity: 183

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 07:43:37 PM

Hello Circus Troll. Did you purchase tickets to see the show?  I already spelled it out.  I wanted a different starting client base. If you don't understand how that works, I can't help you.  I am still waiting on an official response to the timing of changing ports and hardforking being a problem?  There were zero complaints in that department. The switch was seamless.
kimoto (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 07:45:43 PM

Kimoto

Willing to give some support if you need any to get this coin the attention it needs .

Hey ohi,

Yes, it was a few pages back in the priority queue, but by request, I moved it up for you:
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/612-megacoin-new-logo-contest/

Have a nice day!  Smiley
gnode

Activity: 492

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 07:57:09 PM

Kimoto
            There still seems to be some anomalous behavior with confirmations taking a long time on some of the pools.  Any insight?

TIA,

gox node

If you have issues with push pools. You can use p2pool like the one below. You will get the mined coins once the block is found without further processing delays.

I've added a new p2pool.

Here are the parameters:

statistics available here: http://next.afraid.org:8110. This pool uses a PPLNS payout scheme, and is stratum enabled. The PPLNS window is set to only one hour.

2% fee at this time.

----

That pool hasn't found a block in 24 hours. I would have better luck going solo.
kimoto (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:10:04 PM

Kimoto

That pool hasn't found a block in 24 hours. I would have better luck going solo.

Hey gnode, which pools were you using?  I'll give them a test.
dubs

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:49:17 PM

Kimoto

Hey gnode, which pools were you using?  I'll give them a test.

thanks for answering my questions, really makes me want to support the coin even more especially when the dev ignores you
gnode

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:55:25 PM

Kimoto

Hey gnode, which pools were you using?  I'll give them a test.

http://megacoin.miningpool.co takes 8 hours to get a payout

even solo mining it takes a long time to get a block confirmed -- 120 blocks have to be mined before a block is confirmed at 2.5 minutes per block that is 5 hours. If the solve rate is longer then the time is longer.

I guess a few days ago the hash rate greater so the block solve time was less than 2.5 minutes, so it wasn't so bad.

So the long confirm times are expected and not at all anomalous.
MobGod

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 09:01:37 PM

Kimoto

I could use a logo for the block explorer page

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
DigitalDoom

Activity: 128

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:22:18 PM

Come by and mine
http://coinworld.us:8881/static/
Where did everyone go? Get your miners back don't lose out

I think people jump from one coin to the next depending on what's profitable that minute.

Waste of hashing power if you ask me

whats a waste jumping or mining MEC you lost me on that one ?

My apologies for the confusion.

What I meant was, it seems like a waste of hashing power to jump from coin to coin depending on what coinwarz.com (or any other site) says is the most profitable to mine.

The "most profitable" coin seems to change by the minute. I would think that jumping from one to the next - as the tide turns - would eliminate much of the potential profitability of all coins. Though I haven't done the math to support this belief.

To each his own. It wasn't my intention to debate the best method or strategy of mining. Was only offering a possible explanation to your query, "where did everyone go?".

MobGod

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 09:24:46 PM

Come by and mine
http://coinworld.us:8881/static/
Where did everyone go? Get your miners back don't lose out

I think people jump from one coin to the next depending on what's profitable that minute.

Waste of hashing power if you ask me

whats a waste jumping or mining MEC you lost me on that one ?

My apologies for the confusion.

What I meant was, it seems like a waste of hashing power to jump from coin to coin depending on what coinwarz.com (or any other site) says is the most profitable to mine.

The "most profitable" coin seems to change by the minute. I would think that jumping from one to the next - as the tide turns - would eliminate much of the potential profitability of all coins. Though I haven't done the math to support this belief.

To each his own. It wasn't my intention to debate the best method or strategy of mining. Was only offering a possible explanation to your query, "where did everyone go?".

Understood

DigitalDoom

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:31:02 PM

Kimoto

TIA,

gox node

I've added a new p2pool.

Here are the parameters:

2% fee at this time.

----

I think that pool was down most of last night. I was moving around a bit to check out some of the new pools going up and got an "unable to connect" message all night with the IP.
MobGod

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 09:33:22 PM

Kimoto

TIA,

gox node

I've added a new p2pool.

Here are the parameters:

2% fee at this time.

----

I think that pool was down most of last night. I was moving around a bit to check out some of the new pools going up and got an "unable to connect" message all night with the IP.
Could always use http://coinworld.us:8881/static/

gnode

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:34:17 PM

I wish the operator of

http://megacoin.miningpool.co

would increase the blocks that can be seen to at least 100 and add in rewards to help track payouts!!!
DigitalDoom

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:45:00 PM

Kimoto

TIA,

gox node

I've added a new p2pool.

Here are the parameters:

2% fee at this time.

----

Is this the same as http://coinworld.us:7777/static?

Because this is the one I've been mostly mining on for P2pool (though not right this minute).
MobGod

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 09:58:59 PM

Kimoto

TIA,

gox node

I've added a new p2pool.

Here are the parameters:

2% fee at this time.

----

Is this the same as http://coinworld.us:7777/static?

Because this is the one I've been mostly mining on for P2pool (though not right this minute).
Yes

ohiwastedmylif

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:14:29 PM

I'll work on a logo tonight or tomorrow and submit it here and on the other thread.

MΣC | MAvSLa1ZYpk3AsDeqj9njfVkaunJRDu2VZ
http://www.megacoin.co.nz/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: