Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:59:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Fastcoin - FST - The Fastest coin so far in the market - is launched!!  (Read 237838 times)
Stouse49

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:42:02 AM

First, I am interested in any source code changes.  I made a few to output more debug information, but that wasn't enough to help me figure anything out.  But based on the number of times I have had to -zapwallettxes on this, I have learned something.  It seems like large transactions (in size, not amount) don't get transmitted to other nodes and/or they don't get put in the blockchain.  These transaction still obey the rules of less than 100KB and do not produce errors.  The only way to do transfers successfully is to limit the transaction sizes.  I didn't see a command line option for this.

Are you able to mine FST using the same client that has the transactions stuck in the mempool? If so, try the -blockmaxsize= cmdline parameter to increase the maximum size block you will generate. This should also allow larger transactions to be incorporated.

Does sound odd that your local client would accept your transaction into the mempool, but other nodes in the network don't. AFAIK the code for both a locally generated and remotely received transaction should do exactly the same checks.

I have turned on mining of FST from the same client with the stuck transactions, but the hash rate was so low that I didn't get any blocks.  But I might try this in the next iteration.

Yes it is strange that other nodes didn't get the transactions.  There seemed to be communication between two nodes on the same machine, but cryptopia, for example didn't get any of the transactions.  Though my cryptopia account does have about 100000 FST pending since April from my very first round of transfers that mostly failed.

Strangely, I also have a withdrawal from Cryptopia that is currently "lost" - f255903149429a1cd5a7b3b50122e9e4634cdac58bd93ea5af97a168729f8533 - This was a transfer to my off market buyer and this transaction is not part of the blockchain (getrawtransaction does not return a successful result).  Cryptopia claims that the transaction was generated and its the miners responsibility to confirm it.  This transaction may in fact be stuck the same way as many of my other transactions that never made it anywhere.  This transaction does not appear in the mempool.  A block explorer would be definitely useful in debugging some of these problems.

BTC:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zimtente

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

Quack.

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 07:03:50 AM

Big advantage to livecoin.net where all the volume is, is there is also a FST/USD page for trading also
non-crypto people can just deposit cash, okpay, payeer plus lots of other ways, rather than having to go down the whole coinbase to btc route

when they see under 2 cents for fst, then look at btc, they realise its dirt cheap

rather than popup on website, fastcoin.ca
I would suggest a dedicated page detailing how and where people can buy and trade,, exchanges
and promote the FST/USD page as easiest for normal people, screenshot
walk them through the pages and process at livecoin
maybe a nice video too, with screenshots of pages

plus it is a matter of time surely before being added to further exchanges, one of consistently top volume on livecoin and does well on cryptopia which is low volume exchange but is number 15 out of all crypto on there and literally must be couple hundred coins on there

they are both good exchanges tbh out of smaller ones

bittrex would be very nice, who knows, are they stockpiling some before adding?
speculating here but seen it all before.

I actually have sellers regret as sold too cheap at a fraction of even this price!
I see a bright future for fastcoin

if, i can't see it, but if we drop back to 300 sat range or below, I'm buying hard

but I think we're going over 1k sats and beyond by the weekend

do we know what the credentials are to be listed for example on bittrex?

btw just wondering if "twiiter" instead of "twitter" is on purpose, on the homepage under community ;-)
dan_and_shan

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 09:17:22 AM

Gday,
 Good to see an oldschool coin come back to life, well done on your perseverance.
 Does someone have a config file to pick up a few more nodes currently syncing from 1 peer.
looking forward to seeing where FST is in 12 months Smiley
Cheers

Sorry, my bad found it in the op   Grin

Don't take life too serious, No one gets out alive Wink
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 09:29:50 AM

btw just wondering if "twiiter" instead of "twitter" is on purpose, on the homepage under community ;-)

haha yep I spotted the typo too, hope devs see your comment, only a small thing though

as far as I know bittrex have no add coin application
you can tweet them and if they have 5 they may look into a coin, they generally are on the lookout for new high volume coins unfortunately
they do though add old school honest coins like this that are growing well,

so once we are bigger maybe 5 mill marketcap and better volume I think worth approaching

I think polo are to be avoided, they wouldnt consider fst just now, too low cap

plus THEY are to be avoided, the things i am reading about them at minute on twitter and trollboxes
people are panicking, polo are in undisclosed offices, ignoring support, excuses, they messed up on a coin and people lost all from wallets etc

they are another cryptsy in making i fear, victim of their own success and greed

bittrex is nice but too early imo and not big enough, livecoin is a really nice exchnage plus has fst/usd and fst/btc, this is great for n on crypto people to get into fastcoin

we also need a block explorer as others have said, had a few i think, but they die off if subs not kept up
you have to have one to even apply for polo or bittrex or any exchange
think devs said they are building own one for fastcoin which would be great

the one ediths mentioned few posts up is best, cryptoid i think
but if you visit thread where she linked, they are basically off til september due to growing so big and they want to relax before adding more coins and growing again
they are a first class operation though, not in it for money

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
dan_and_shan

Activity: 432

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:06:54 AM

haha yep I spotted the typo too, hope devs see your comment, only a small thing though

you can tweet them and if they have 5 they may look into a coin, they generally are on the lookout for new high volume coins unfortunately

so once we are bigger maybe 5 mill marketcap and better volume I think worth approaching

plus THEY are to be avoided, the things i am reading about them at minute on twitter and trollboxes
people are panicking, polo are in undisclosed offices, ignoring support, excuses, they messed up on a coin and people lost all from wallets etc

they are another cryptsy in making i fear, victim of their own success and greed

bittrex is nice but too early imo and not big enough, livecoin is a really nice exchnage plus has fst/usd and fst/btc, this is great for n on crypto people to get into fastcoin

we also need a block explorer as others have said, had a few i think, but they die off if subs not kept up

but if you visit thread where she linked, they are basically off til september due to growing so big and they want to relax before adding more coins and growing again

Polo have stepped up to the plate every time! They have been through everything and just grown stronger each time. https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.06.07-Improving-Our-Support-Capacity/

Don't take life too serious, No one gets out alive Wink
Cheetahx

Activity: 420

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 12:29:44 PM

Big advantage to livecoin.net where all the volume is, is there is also a FST/USD page for trading also
non-crypto people can just deposit cash, okpay, payeer plus lots of other ways, rather than having to go down the whole coinbase to btc route

when they see under 2 cents for fst, then look at btc, they realise its dirt cheap

rather than popup on website, fastcoin.ca
I would suggest a dedicated page detailing how and where people can buy and trade,, exchanges
and promote the FST/USD page as easiest for normal people, screenshot
walk them through the pages and process at livecoin
maybe a nice video too, with screenshots of pages

plus it is a matter of time surely before being added to further exchanges, one of consistently top volume on livecoin and does well on cryptopia which is low volume exchange but is number 15 out of all crypto on there and literally must be couple hundred coins on there

they are both good exchanges tbh out of smaller ones

bittrex would be very nice, who knows, are they stockpiling some before adding?
speculating here but seen it all before.

I actually have sellers regret as sold too cheap at a fraction of even this price!
I see a bright future for fastcoin

if, i can't see it, but if we drop back to 300 sat range or below, I'm buying hard

but I think we're going over 1k sats and beyond by the weekend

Thanks for the note Zimtente,

It looks like the WebDev dotted too many "i" and not enough "t" ;-). 

Has now been corrected, thanks again for the catch.

Sincerely

/C

Fastest fairly released Crypto

FST: feH4MSdmG42be3dzjYgXKtnKDEYcKNUKkB     BTC: 1CMeKdFQYnYLpjTd7k7UGkgK6L4TSJFNNR 

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
Cheetahx

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 12:31:35 PM

Polo have stepped up to the plate every time! They have been through everything and just grown stronger each time. https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.06.07-Improving-Our-Support-Capacity/

Thanks for your post Dan,

This is a good thing,

We will continue to monitor and encourage all community members to continue petitioning Poloniex for FST's enlistment.

/C

FST: feH4MSdmG42be3dzjYgXKtnKDEYcKNUKkB     BTC: 1CMeKdFQYnYLpjTd7k7UGkgK6L4TSJFNNR 

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
fast-coin (OP)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

Fast and secure crypto currency of the future

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 01:13:46 PM

First, I am interested in any source code changes.  I made a few to output more debug information, but that wasn't enough to help me figure anything out.  But based on the number of times I have had to -zapwallettxes on this, I have learned something.  It seems like large transactions (in size, not amount) don't get transmitted to other nodes and/or they don't get put in the blockchain.  These transaction still obey the rules of less than 100KB and do not produce errors.  The only way to do transfers successfully is to limit the transaction sizes.  I didn't see a command line option for this.

Are you able to mine FST using the same client that has the transactions stuck in the mempool? If so, try the -blockmaxsize= cmdline parameter to increase the maximum size block you will generate. This should also allow larger transactions to be incorporated.

Does sound odd that your local client would accept your transaction into the mempool, but other nodes in the network don't. AFAIK the code for both a locally generated and remotely received transaction should do exactly the same checks.

I have turned on mining of FST from the same client with the stuck transactions, but the hash rate was so low that I didn't get any blocks.  But I might try this in the next iteration.

Yes it is strange that other nodes didn't get the transactions.  There seemed to be communication between two nodes on the same machine, but cryptopia, for example didn't get any of the transactions.  Though my cryptopia account does have about 100000 FST pending since April from my very first round of transfers that mostly failed.

Strangely, I also have a withdrawal from Cryptopia that is currently "lost" - f255903149429a1cd5a7b3b50122e9e4634cdac58bd93ea5af97a168729f8533 - This was a transfer to my off market buyer and this transaction is not part of the blockchain (getrawtransaction does not return a successful result).  Cryptopia claims that the transaction was generated and its the miners responsibility to confirm it.  This transaction may in fact be stuck the same way as many of my other transactions that never made it anywhere.  This transaction does not appear in the mempool.  A block explorer would be definitely useful in debugging some of these problems.

Thanks for your post and update Stouse49,

We are working on having a block explorer available, we will let the community know once it is ready for deployment.  We have also noted that some of our commuity members are also working on 3rd party solutions as well.

Our network stats indicate Network mining difficulty is currently fluctuating between 4 and 5 at the moment.  Not sure what the issue may be with Cryptopia, thank you for letting us know and please do continue to keep us posted.

Best Regards

Fast

Fast and secure crypto currency of the future
Sir_Iglou

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:54:40 PM

Fastcoin looks like a really promising coin, I'm glad I invested on time. Let's get it higher.

So in order to convince me to buy, I visited your website (I'm French), aaaand that translation is quite ridiculous haha

You guys wrote "12 Deuxième temps de blocage", which is an absolute non sense. Literally, it means "12 Second (Like in First, Second, Third, Fourth...) blocking time".
In my opinion, the best translation (Which doesn't sound weird) would be:
"12 secondes par bloc" (literally "12 seconds per block", sounds better in french)

But if you want a more literal translation, I'd go with "Temps de bloc de 12 secondes". Yet it sounds weird.

If you need help to translate the rest of the website, I'd be glad to help.
Cheetahx

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 01:58:49 PM

Fastcoin looks like a really promising coin, I'm glad I invested on time. Let's get it higher.

So in order to convince me to buy, I visited your website (I'm French), aaaand that translation is quite ridiculous haha

You guys wrote "12 Deuxième temps de blocage", which is an absolute non sense. Literally, it means "12 Second (Like in First, Second, Third, Fourth...) blocking time".
"12 secondes par bloc" (literally "12 seconds per block", sounds better in french)

But if you want a more literal translation, I'd go with "Temps de bloc de 12 secondes". Yet it sounds weird.

Merci Sir_Iglou,

We appreciate your feedback and will notify the WebDev ASAP with the changes.  We encourage you with your constructive feedback as well as all community members, please feel free to let us know how to make FastCoin the best it can be!

Much appreciated mon amie!

Cordialement

/C

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
Cheetahx

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 02:05:11 PM

Merci once again Sir_Iglou,

Les modifications apportées à la page ont été faites comme indiqué!

Cordialement

/C

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
EdithS

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:51:19 PM

I just want to say, that I am new to the Forum, but have been quite fond of FastCoin for sometime now.  I think the FastCoin team has done a wonderful job with this coin and look forward to buying more!

Keep up the good work!

Edith
ProkhorZ

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:13:17 PM

This coin is still the fastest and has the longest blockchain. Neither of those things are very useful for the purposes of being a currency, but they are novelties and they are definitely one of a kind. My thoughts are that one of a kind novelties are enough to maintain value, especially if you believe in blockchain tech.

We understand that our coin may not be "Perfect" but like Bitcoin and all the rest of them, for the purpose of storing and exchanging value, FST it is "Good Enough" to perform the task.  

Looking forward to getting past the teething stages of our coin, and moving on to much larger specific use cases.

/C

Yes, this was a significant quote. Besides the speed and the name, Fastcoin is fascinating as an experiment in 'naive scaling'. If Fastcoin can mine 50 times as many blocks as Bitcoin, imagine how large Bitcoin blocks could be... Of course, there are limits. It took me two weeks to download the blockchain from scratch on a new hard drive. We really need an SPV wallet, or a web wallet that saves the keys locally. In other words, a reliable method to use FST without downloading the entire blockchain (and I don't mean downloading a zip file).

Someone said there's a mobile wallet. How does that work?

The price has gone up 5x since I bought more FST in addition to my original holdings from years ago. But there's a long way to go, I want it to go up 100x. Let's look at the long term: it should be user-friendly before we start bothering major exchanges again.
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:25:54 PM

outside this forum, twitter is the centre of the crypto universe

all FST fans follow the main Fastcoin twitter account, like all the tweets, and retweet and tweet your own FASTCOIN tweets
https://twitter.com/fast_coin

as a supporter the community needs to do their bit to get word out, this is the minimum you can do guys

get word out what a joy it is to send and receive fastcoin.
It really is compared to bitcoin

sending bitcoin is a nailbiting, slow horrible experience compared to the mighty #FST

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
Sir_Iglou

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:41:08 PM

I just went through your YouTube channel. There's a huge issue here... Why is the maximum video quality 360p on most videos ? This is really frustrating, knowing that most of the computer screens are 1080p minimum, and most smartphones 720p.
ProkhorZ

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:25:17 PM

sweet new website!
https://www.fastcoin.ca/

Great design! Could you change the Dutch text to "Bloktijd: 12 seconden"? In "12 tweede bloktijd", tweede means second as in #2.

Please don't use Google Translate for anything you publish. I'm a professional translator and I can tolerate amateur translations in open-source software, but machine translation will be gibberish.
ProkhorZ

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:27:13 PM

all FST fans follow the main Fastcoin twitter account, like all the tweets, and retweet and tweet your own FASTCOIN tweets

Done. Shouldn't we also revive the subreddit? It looks so dead, I'm afraid to touch it... Smiley
SolemUmbra

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:30:57 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2017, 08:20:50 PM by SolemUmbra

Hi All!

I'm new to posting but not to Fastcoin. I can remember it when it had an actual cheetah on the logo lol! I had a suggestion that maybe that can be considered. Would it be possible for someone with intimate knowledge of fastcoin to write up a wikipedia article on it? I think it would give some more credibility to the currency. I personally know when I'm looking into new things I try to research it up on wikipedia before hand. I know people can read the forums etc., but to have everything on wikipedia would be more inviting to people not in the know of altcoins or cryptocurrency in general.

edited for extraneous word
Sir_Iglou

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 07:55:48 PM

Hi All!

I'm new to posting but not to Fastcoin. I can remember it when it had an actual cheetah on the logo lol! I had a suggestion that maybe that can be considered. Would it be possible for someone with intimate knowledge of fastcoin to write up a wikipedia article on it? I think it would give some more credibility to the currency. I personally know when I'm looking into new things I try to research it up on wikipedia before hand. I know people can read the forums etc., but to have everything on a wikipedia would be more inviting to people not in the know of altcoins or cryptocurrency in general.

That's actually a great idea. This coin needs popularity. Let's preach the good word !

Done. Shouldn't we also revive the subreddit? It looks so dead, I'm afraid to touch it... Smiley

Yeah I thought the same. It's scary in there.
SolemUmbra

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:58:06 PM

Sorry to make this post an omnibus but is there a faster way to sync up the wallet?

If there is can you direct me to the post for the solution (I've seem to have gotten lost in the thread).

Also just a further set of observations the website looks awesome better than I remember. But looking as someone from the outside there is very little information about fastcoin and the fastcoin foundation. There is an faq, but it leads to http://www.fastcointalk.org/ which I believe is not the best way to answer questions for someone who is just finding out about the currency, also after searching the forum seems a bit underutilized. I think there should be a more descriptive message on how and why fastcoin is a great altcurrency. Not just saying that its fast, but why it is fast with more of the technical details broken down. This would help people to understand how this is a more effective currency for commerce.

Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: